2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Cathy Ferguson

I do not expect him to reach Kane's level this season obviously but he has done really well if he can match Isak and Watkins. Huge upgrade on Weghorst, very excited to see what he can do this year.

RedStarUnited

I don't know why and maybe its just new player giddiness but I got a strong feeling he will smash it. Theres just something about him.

Red Rash

I don't understand either. Played all games for Atalanta and came to medical. Fitness shouldn't be any issue. Only if he is injured.
From what I've read I don't think he is injured but has just come back from an injury and needs time to get to match fitness. We will probably see him on the bench for the first few games.

Chief123

Quote me, threadmark me, whatever you need to do…..this kid is going to rip it up for us.

Red_toad

Hopefully that will be managed properly if true.
Manage it better than they did with Rashford hopefully.
Dreading the thought of him playing whilst not fully fit and it affecting his performance. Media and social media are certainly putting the pressure on him to perform from the get go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Catching it early is basically the best case scenario and it'll be managed now and addressed so it doesn't become a thing. Not a huge issue.

graphixant

Could his injury be a blessing in disguise?

I think he could benefit from coming in after the season has started without the press being on his ass from the first day of the season. They will be on to him, but maybe not as much. Really excited to see him play for us!
Nope, we need him match ready now

graphixant

Manage it better than they did with Rashford hopefully.
Dreading the thought of him playing whilst not fully fit and it affecting his performance. Media and social media are certainly putting the pressure on him to perform from the get go.
This is why we are still holding on to greenwood?

jesperjaap

I don't know why and maybe its just new player giddiness but I got a strong feeling he will smash it. Theres just something about him.
In his interview he really comes across with that steely self belief and huge confidence im himself the top top players seem to have. I kne wlittle of him bar the name, but I also just have this gut feeling now, he is going to have a big season.

We havent had a striker like him for quite a while that on paper ticks a lot of boxes for a long time. In fact the only one I can remember inclusive of age in a while is Lukaku, but I always knew he was going to be a terrible signing.

Crazy as not seen him play bar 10mins or so for Denmark when he got the hat trick, but not even sure he touched the ball period I watched....but everything I am seeing and reading, I get a really good feeling we have a proper striker.

As for the injury reports, come on, I know as a club we have been inept in recent years, but we arent siging a player for over 60m with serious injury concerns short term, nonsense story I feel the MRI scan thing.

IrishRedDevil

We basically bet £70m, plus 5 years wages (£30m?), on the injury being nothing to worry about.

We must really trust our doctor.

Chairman Steve

I remember Gundogan having some kind of back condition when City signed him, but he’s pretty much played 50 game seasons all the time he was there. Not necessarily the end of the world.

I do wonder if some of Hojlund’s condition has been somewhat embellished by United to take the heat off him when he does play.

Roothless1970

I remember Gundogan having some kind of back condition when City signed him, but he’s pretty much played 50 game seasons all the time he was there. Not necessarily the end of the world.

I do wonder if some of Hojlund’s condition has been somewhat embellished by United to take the heat off him when he does play.
I'm hoping you are right with Hojlund's condition being somewhat embellished, surely we would have rejected him or at least re-negotiated the price after finding the stress point.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
It's impossible to tell how serious this can be with EPL workloads. Anybody who says otherwise is unrealistically optimistic.

But how the feck did he pass medical with this, and how did our disaster of a club manage to pay 70mil for a developmental 20yo with a potentially devastating injury problem? Inquiring minds want to know

Last edited:

GoldanoGraham

Luckily Martial will be back for the opening games before he replaces him in the physio room

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
So what we've signed another crocked striker??

L1nk

It's impossible to tell how serious this can be with EPL workloads. Anybody who says otherwise is unrealistically optimistic.

But how the feck did he pass medical with this, and how did our disaster of a club manage to pay 70mil for a developmental 20yo with a potentially devastating injury problem? Inquiring minds want to know
Oh ffs just what we needed another injured striker.
So what we've signed another crocked striker??
Let's not overreact now... I'll post what I posted in the other thread because people just go mad and ignore posts

He doesn’t have a ‘dodgy back’ what he has is a minor injury that, if not rested properly just like any other minor injury, can turn into a bigger problem for him and leave him sidelined longer than he should be

It just so happens this minor injury is on his back. What you’re all saying is akin to - wait he had his medical and he has a sprained ankle!? Wtf why did we pay so much I cant believe this i can’t believe he’s got a dodgy ankle, it’s Martial all over again, we've signed a crock’

If we worked him on a sprained ankle it would become a bigger injury, just as if we worked Hojlund to the bone now before he can heal properly it will turn into a worse injury. Case in point Rashford who had a similar problem, we should have let him rest and heal but we were desperate so instead we absolutely run him into the ground and he ended up with 2 stress fractures, even then he was only out for a few months after surgery and his back has been fine ever since.

It’s not a chronic injury problem and it’s not a worry, even the reports say not only did we do the medical but they shipped him to London for independent professional opinions first so come on give the club some credit, they don’t always make the best decisions but they’re not that stupid.

The Daily Mail article even contradicts itself throughout the whole thing, it tries to grab your attention and your clicks with buzz words and claims like ‘stress fractures’ ‘more serious than thought’ and ‘he wont play 2 matches in a row for months’ but then even admits at the end of the article they are basically blowing things way out of proportion

He’s never had any kind of injury history of note.
He doesn’t have a chronic back problem.
He isn’t injury prone.

Everyone needs to stop going on about how fecked we are and losing their heads over a Daily Mail article that cites “external sources” with no evidence or facts and listen to the club. They saw all the medical reports, both from inside and outside the club, medical professionals, realised that the issue is basically a non issue and, with every other minor injury, he just needs to rest up to let it heal, and still signed him because there is no permanent issue. The club are saying he just needs to train up, get match fit and don’t stress about the injury till it heals up, which means we won’t see him for a few weeks, he's in training today just as he was yesterday to get match fit. Latest reports suggest he will miss the first 3 matches.

Can we all just take a deep breath and chill please

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If he is out several weeks then he will be out for our first 4 games then. Two of those are Spurs and Arsenal away.

Lee565

If had such an injury that meant he couldn't play pre season or at the start of the season, why did we show our hand so quick to pay over the odds for him?

Gordon S

Let's not overreact now... I'll post what I posted in the other thread because people just go mad and ignore posts

He doesn’t have a ‘dodgy back’ what he has is a minor injury that, if not rested properly just like any other minor injury, can turn into a bigger problem for him and leave him sidelined longer than he should be

It just so happens this minor injury is on his back. What you’re all saying is akin to - wait he had his medical and he has a sprained ankle!? Wtf why did we pay so much I cant believe this i can’t believe he’s got a dodgy ankle, it’s Martial all over again, we've signed a crock’

If we worked him on a sprained ankle it would become a bigger injury, just as if we worked Hojlund to the bone now before he can heal properly it will turn into a worse injury. Case in point Rashford who had a similar problem, we should have let him rest and heal but we were desperate so instead we absolutely run him into the ground and he ended up with 2 stress fractures, even then he was only out for a few months after surgery and his back has been fine ever since.

It’s not a chronic injury problem and it’s not a worry, even the reports say not only did we do the medical but they shipped him to London for independent professional opinions first so come on give the club some credit, they don’t always make the best decisions but they’re not that stupid.

The Daily Mail article even contradicts itself throughout the whole thing, it tries to grab your attention and your clicks with buzz words and claims like ‘stress fractures’ ‘more serious than thought’ and ‘he wont play 2 matches in a row for months’ but then even admits at the end of the article they are basically blowing things way out of proportion

He’s never had any kind of injury history of note.
He doesn’t have a chronic back problem.
He isn’t injury prone.

Everyone needs to stop going on about how fecked we are and losing their heads over a Daily Mail article that cites “external sources” with no evidence or facts and listen to the club. They saw all the medical reports, both from inside and outside the club, medical professionals, realised that the issue is basically a non issue and, with every other minor injury, he just needs to rest up to let it heal, and still signed him because there is no permanent issue. The club are saying he just needs to train up, get match fit and don’t stress about the injury till it heals up, which means we won’t see him for a few weeks, he's in training today just as he was yesterday to get match fit. Latest reports suggest he will miss the first 3 matches.

Can we all just take a deep breath and chill please
I wish i was as passionate about anything as you are about Hojlunds back. Kudos to you sir!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So this is not an injury that is going to plague him for the rest of his career, if it's managed properly from an early stage? Is that right?

Or is this something he's going to have to manage throughout his career by limiting the amount of minutes and games he can play in order to reduce stress.

RuudTom83

Manchester United are not going to release any medical results to the press ffs...so instead of using it as another opportunity to slag the club off, lets just wait and see when he actually plays.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If had such an injury that meant he couldn't play pre season or at the start of the season, why did we show our hand so quick to pay over the odds for him?
Because we discovered that on medical. But we should have lowered our offer after medical. We payed huge amount of money for potential and then realised that he has also issues with his back. If you need second opinion about it then it is not for sure something "minor". Not to mention that we will be without him first 4 games.