View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Martial never really peaked, he plateaued before dropping off a cliff.

Hojlund looks like he has great movement in and around the box, the problem he'll have is with the wingers who get into good positions to make chances, but then make a poor decision or play a shite final ball.

Really needs to be the fullbacks getting down the outside to help create those opportunities. But to do that, you need to be able to create sustained pressure to allow them to get up the pitch to get into those positions. At the minute they are having to run 50/60 yards just to catch up with the play before they can be involved.
Amad has good passing. It's more a question if he can transfer it to the PL. Hope he's fit again soon.

fps

He scored a striker's goal by being in the right position. It's a start. He looks like a good runner. Is he a good footballer? Time will tell.

I nearly fell off my chair seeing Martial come off the bench and look like a player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He scored a striker's goal by being in the right position. It's a start. He looks like a good runner. Is he a good footballer? Time will tell.

I nearly fell off my chair seeing Martial come off the bench and look like a player.
Looks like it’s lit a fire under Martial’s arse. He knows that he’s playing for his last big contract… somewhere and spending the season on the bench isn’t going to do him any favours.

Alcio77

Actually there are quite a few similarities betweem him and Ferguson. Both are physically big and powerful for their age and don't get intimidated or knocked off the ball by defenders, both have the ability to take the quick unexpected shot. Both hold the ball up well. Hojlund might actually be a bit quicker than Ferguson on the break.

The only difference I see at the moment is Ferguson has been playing in the prem for 6 months more and plays for Brighton, where it is, quite correctly, cool to think everything we do and every player we have is brilliant.
Good post I agree with.
I still have a preference for Ferguson because he looks like to be a treat with both left and right foot. While Hojlund seems preferring to use his left foot.
Both great prospectives anyway.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Looks a cracking prospect to me, can't wait to see this lad develop.
Think he's looked better than I thought he would too after two games in a disfunction team who's confidence is extremely low. Bright start for sure and a fantastic talent with an abundance of potential.

Steve 007

About a millimetre from two goals in two starts. In the cameo against Arsenal he harassed them for every single last ball, they struggled. It’s not been often I get to say this, Martial looked great last night.

ti vu

Surprised by the critic. He has been fine so far considering the circumstances: being young, coming back from injury, new to the team and the team is currently malfunctioning. He has been showing all kind attribute we want from a CF from physical presence, to ability to hold up, link up, to good movement in and around the box, to ability to make different run to occupy or lose, shield off defenders... even showed goal threat and opened account in his CLdebut . Whether he can solve our scoring issue immediate is to be seen, but it's not something we judge him for. Even if he's not prolific in this season, he's still a good prospect for the future. If we have issue with the fee and lack of seasoned CF, it should be aimed at management.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's great that we have a striker who doesn't fanny about in the box and just looks to shoot.

On the other hand, his off the ball runs are a bit raw so far. He has a habit of drifting away from a teammate when coming shorter would work far better. Late on against Arsenal we had a counter with Rashford and Rasmus. Rashford had the ball and Hojlund angled his run away when he if he angled it towards Rashford, he would have had an easy pass to play him in for a one on one.

Something similar last night, Reguilon was on the left and played a cross but Hojlund drifted behind two defenders when there was a big gap between them to attack. The cross may not have reached him anyway but it's about recognising the space.

Abraxas

Didn't quite happen for him today. Quite a few nearly moments in front of goal and on the ball linking up with others. Also looks notably tired at the end of games, obviously we have some work to do to get his physical level up after injury and adjusting to the intensity here.

On the positive side he does get his body between the ball and defender quite well at times and he is making the traditional striker movements in front of goal when the ball is wide which is something we have lacked for years.

We need to get him fitter as a priority because for whatever other faults he has, if you're not fit it's going to exacerbate everything else.

el3mel

He's 20 years old boy who suddenly found himself a 70m player asked to carry a whole team that suck in attacking. Blame us and not him.

At the very best he should have been a sub option not a 70m starter.

acnumber9

He looks like a player that wants to win and score goals so I’ll see that as a positive versus the alternative. He messed up some good attacking opportunities though. The pass to Rashford wasn’t just bad, it was the wrong pass too.

Superunknown

He reminds me of an early-game Pokémon. Very low level, doesn't do an awful lot, but could be fairly useful further down the line if you really, really, really push them and dedicate all your time to them and nobody else.

Telsim

Very raw and lack of experience was evident. But he works hard and keeps defenders occupied, so that will do for now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's nowhere near ready (might never be) but that's not a surprise at this point.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Raw, isn’t ready to lead the line for a club like United yet. He’s young and ideally he would be back up.

MDFC Manager

Some neat turns and touches, some really poor ones. At least we have someone to aim crosses for though. That feels like a novelty

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He was fine apart from that one awful pass. It’s another player who doesn’t seem a natural technical player. The scouts just can’t identify that, we just drop money on someone we’ve heard could be good hoping he will be. There are still suggestions this guy could be though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
First disappointing outing from Hojlund. Didn't hold the ball up well, didn't make the right decisions with the ball for the most part, execution was off when he did. Hoping it was an off day. Against Brighton and Bayern Munich he looked much better.

marktan

Works hard but as expected still quite raw. Our problem is we have a lot of these kind of players in our attack and only two actual top quality in Burno and Rashford.