2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Hughes35

No idea how he didn't start today. Another very odd choice in a series of odd choices by Ten Haag.

He needs a PL goal badly though.

Rojofiam

If you don't rate him, you don't have an eye for talent. Has become my litmus test recently.

Stop trying so hard for your braindead takes to be proven right by swarming this thread after every game he doesn't score in.

I know you all love to draw conclusions by stats as well, but Hojlund's numbers aren't even that bad anyway: He has 5 goals in 14 matches worth of minutes played in a dysfunctional side with no service...as a poacher.

Catron

How can people be bumping his thread saying he’s not good enough after a 30 minutes cameo where he managed to get 2 good situations and other times was totally ignored by his teammates?
0 goals 0 assists in 12. Teammates ignored him in all those 12 games?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If you don't rate him, you don't have an eye for talent.
Statements like this are silly. How high would you rate him if United didn’t sign him this summer?

He obviously has talent, and he obviously isn’t ready for this level. As much as the attacking play around him isn’t good enough, he also needs to work on his movement and his all round attacking play.

InfiniteBoredom

For a player of Dalot’s quality and brainlessness the pass wasn’t on.

Antonio Valencia would’ve found Hojlund there.
Not the post-2012 one for sure.

The pass was only on with a pull back that take out the defender, passing at that angle and the speed he was running at would most likely end in a corner or throw in, regardless of the one attempting it. Still better than that shot though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not the post-2012 one for sure.

The pass was only on with a pull back that take out the defender, passing at that angle and the speed he was running at would most likely end in a corner or throw in, regardless of the one attempting it. Still better than that shot though.
Hojlund didn’t wait for the pullback. Dalot is a hot head in those situations though we need better

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit of a waste of money so far. Would’ve been a decent punt for £20m, for £70m we’ve been robbed.

Rojofiam

Statements like this are silly. How high would you rate him if United didn’t sign him this summer?

He obviously has talent, and he obviously isn’t ready for this level. As much as the attacking play around him isn’t good enough, he also needs to work on his movement and his all round attacking play.
Both of those things are fine and he will improve with time anyways as he's only 20. My only concern with him is injuries.

Mr Smith

What I can't understabd is how our players are not trying to find him more often. The only time I see us actually looking for him is with overhit crosses and cut-backs; we never seem to try to give him a little through-ball. His runs could occasionally be better, but the amount of times his runs aren't found is infuriating.

Devil81

Another in a long line of over inflated transfers. Atalanta seen us coming and rubbed their hands together.

He's worth half the figure we paid, he's young and would be acceptable as a second striker but currently he's not the finished product. All that said I'd pick him every day of the week ahead of a finished Martial.

FriedClams

What I can't understabd is how our players are not trying to find him more often. The only time I see us actually looking for him is with overhit crosses and cut-backs; we never seem to try to give him a little through-ball. His runs could occasionally be better, but the amount of times his runs aren't found is infuriating.
our players simply aren’t great.

McFred

Who was the last player signed from Serie A to do well in the Premier League? Seems like the ‘Bundesliga tax’ could equally apply to Serie A…Premier League level is just higher than everywhere else and Utds scouting team (is that a thing?) are not adept enough at picking out the right ones to bet on.

Zed is not dead

0 goals 0 assists in 12. Teammates ignored him in all those 12 games?
5 goals in 5 games in the CL. Goes both ways.

If your post is all you see than good for you, just stop watching football and look at excel sheets with scorelines and goal sheets.

In all comps for Napoli this season, Osimhen scored 6 goals, 2 of them being penalties. Would you say he’s a shite striker?

marktan

He's a good young player, but the problem is we're banking on him going up a level or two and there's plenty of good young strikers that never become an Osimhen or a Kane. If you're spending £70m you might as well a little bit more and get more quality.

Hopefully he does get there, but with the team struggling for goals it doesn't help to add a young 20 year old for big money into the team

KD6-3.7

It’s pretty alarming we are in December and he is yet to score a league goal.

I wasn’t expecting miracles because I think it was idiotic for the club to bank all our goal scoring issues on a 20 year old signed from the Italian league and it’s genuinely not fair on him to be expected of that but with the lack of service and also him being unable to create chances for himself I doubt he scores more then 5 league goals at this rate.

Next season we need an experienced striker and Hojlund should be a rotational player.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Don't care if you're new to the league and 'not getting the service'. Nearly half the season gone and no PL goal. Pathetic.

antk

Who was the last player signed from Serie A to do well in the Premier League? Seems like the ‘Bundesliga tax’ could equally apply to Serie A…Premier League level is just higher than everywhere else and Utds scouting team (is that a thing?) are not adept enough at picking out the right ones to bet on.
Salah is 10th in the list of all-time PL scorers.

AshRK

We are reaching the concerning territory with him. You can't be in December and score 0 goals in the league. The other thing is I just don't see a striker instinct with him. He works hard and holds the ball well but then on most occasions is hardly seen at the right place.

FerociousCorgis

We are reaching the concerning territory with him. You can't be in December and score 0 goals in the league. The other thing is I just don't see a striker instinct with him. He works hard and holds the ball well but then on most occasions is hardly seen at the right place.
I mean he has had one called back, should have lead us thru the champions league group stage if not for onana, and is getting very little service. Not all that bad when you consider he started the year injured and is just getting fit

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't care if you're new to the league and 'not getting the service'. Nearly half the season gone and no PL goal. Pathetic.
Maybe you should care about this.
Pathetic post.

Castia

There’s no getting around it we can make all the excuses we want but his record is disappointing

Not ready to be a first team striker and needs someone other than Martial to foot the responsibility

0 league goals approaching Christmas is unacceptable

L1nk

I can't tell if people are just making shit up without watching anymore just to fit in with a consensus on the forum. Hojlund's movement and instincts are the one thing that cannot be questioned. Hell watch him before he joined United, a lot of his goals for Atalanta and Denmark are tap ins from being in the correct place and creating space for himself with movement. The kind of goals he would have for us if our players weren't dead set on cutting inside and shooting the majority of the time, or weren't braindead like Dalot was today, shooting from an insanely impossible angle rather than just slotting across for a tap in.

Please tell me how many golden and dead cert chances he has missed? I can maybe count a couple, other than that he's had virtually nothing from anybody so please tell me what he is supposed to do? Only rarely does he create something for nothing for himself, like he did against Galatasaray, he's not that kind of forward. He's the kind of forward that thrives on service and having a boat load of chances.

Stats:
Haaland has 14 goals from 50 shots in the league - that's a 28% conversion rate
Hojlund has 0 goals from 12 shots in the league

If Hojlund's conversion rate were the same then he'd be on 3 goals at the most, but then you're asking him to be as good as Haaland with nowhere near the amount of chances being created for him which is an insane thing to ask because Haaland is arguably the best striker in the world.

So again, I ask, what do you actually want? If Hojlund is in that City side and gets 50 chances across 15 games like Haaland you think he'd be on 0 goals? You know damn well he wouldn't, this team is just dogshit and is playing to Hojlund's weaknesses.

He has things he needs to work on yes, but he's young and raw as everyone and United themselves knew when signing him, the point is to have patience, something none of the clowns posting on this forum can seem to give. You'd all rather dog pile on him and call the kid a flop before ever giving him a real chance, a quarter of the season and you all just can't help yourselves. A loss where he comes on as a sub later in the second half and his thread is constantly top of the recent posts dogging him instead of the absolute shit served up by the majority of the players like McTominay and Bruno who played from the start and contributed absolutely nothing. At least Hojlund gave a shit and got involved if nothing else.

Castia

I can't tell if people are just making shit up without watching anymore just to fit in with a consensus on the forum. Hojlund's movement and instincts are the one thing that cannot be questioned. Hell watch him before he joined United, a lot of his goals for Atalanta and Denmark are tap ins from being in the correct place and creating space for himself with movement. The kind of goals he would have for us if our players weren't dead set on cutting inside and shooting the majority of the time, or weren't braindead like Dalot was today, shooting from an insanely impossible angle rather than just slotting across for a tap in.

Please tell me how many golden and dead cert chances he has missed? I can maybe count a couple, other than that he's had virtually nothing from anybody so please tell me what he is supposed to do? Only rarely does he create something for nothing for himself, like he did against Galatasaray, he's not that kind of forward. He's the kind of forward that thrives on service and having a boat load of chances.

Stats:

If Hojlund's conversion rate were the same then he'd be on 3 goals at the most, but then you're asking him to be as good as Haaland with nowhere near the amount of chances being created for him which is an insane thing to ask because Haaland is arguably the best striker in the world.

So again, I ask, what do you actually want? If Hojlund is in that City side and gets 50 chances across 15 games like Haaland you think he'd be on 0 goals? You know damn well he wouldn't, this team is just dogshit and is playing to Hojlund's weaknesses.

He has things he needs to work on yes, but he's young and raw as everyone and United themselves knew when signing him, the point is to have patience, something none of the clowns posting on this forum can seem to give. You'd all rather dog pile on him and call the kid a flop before ever giving him a real chance, a quarter of the season and you all just can't help yourselves. A loss where he comes on as a sub later in the second half and his thread is constantly top of the recent posts dogging him instead of the absolute shit served up by the majority of the players like McTominay and Bruno who played from the start and contributed absolutely nothing. At least Hojlund gave a shit and got involved if nothing else.
Surely the question should be why did we spend 72m on a poacher style striker when for 18 months under ETH we’ve struggled the create chances and score goals? I mean he’s signed a ‘tap in merchant’ but plays with 2 inverted wingers in Rashford/Antony who’s main objective is to score goals not put a cross in it completely goes against the style of player Hojlund is

KeanosMagic

Haven’t read any of the comments in this thread. My opinion is based purely of what I have seen of the player so far.

From what I’ve seen, Hojland has all the attributes to develop into a top class centre forward. His strength, ability to bring others into play and finishing (in champions league games) make me think that he has the potential to make it at United.

Rojofiam

He's a good young player, but the problem is we're banking on him going up a level or two and there's plenty of good young strikers that never become an Osimhen or a Kane. If you're spending £70m you might as well a little bit more and get more quality.

Hopefully he does get there, but with the team struggling for goals it doesn't help to add a young 20 year old for big money into the team
Who would you have rather signed for 70 million?

L1nk

Surely the question should be why did we spend 72m on a poacher style striker when for 18 months under ETH we’ve struggled the create chances and score goals? I mean he’s signed a ‘tap in merchant’ but plays with 2 inverted wingers in Rashford/Antony who’s main objective is to score goals not put a cross in it completely goes against the style of player Hojlund is
Ask the club and manager. I've said before, the price tag is not Hojlund's fault, his lack of chances is not his fault, his lack of experience is not his fault. I didn't say he is purely a tap in merchant, but he gets a chunk of goals from them because he has great movement in order to facilitate those kind of chances, the fact he has none should tell you that it's just something we rarely do, which again, is hardly his fault - perhaps our wingers should look for this option more often considering they can't hit the back of the net themselves. So instead of getting behind him and supporting him to try and make it at the club in what is a pretty shit situation for a lot of players there currently, everyone here is just shitting on him for all of the reasons i've mentioned instead, almost moreso than other players that are much more of a problem than him.

We used to be a fanbase that got extremely excited for young striker prospects and gave them time and patience as they found their feet. Now we're apparently a fanbase that just rips into them completely within a few months despite the fact the whole team is complete dross and he is the least of our problems. I mean until McTominay scored last week he was our joint top scorer in all competitions even with 0 league goals, that should tell you how bad everybody is and should also tell you he is extremely capable of scoring goals when he's given appropriate chances. So whilst I can understand some mild criticism - because he's young and raw so will be inconsistent - and because I don't believe any player regardless of situation should be absolved of that, what I cannot understand is the manner and ferocity of which he is written off and shit on in this thread.

That's why i'm in here a lot trying to actually make people see reason but it's like talking to a damn brick wall.

Last edited:

Rojofiam

Stats:

Good post.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
At the moment he's as useful as Weghorst. Trying to wrestle defenders and putting in some running. He looks like Lukaku at times on the ball, yesterday he tried doing a couple of stepovers and fell over. His all round play isn't amazing, and obviously he's struggling to score.

He'll obviously get better in time but I do wonder exactly how good he'll be. Right now he looks levels below the likes of Ferguson, who is a year younger.

Abhinav

Our players are brain dead and give this kid no service. He is a young player, with lots of areas to develop, but he definitely has the potential to score goals if he gets some kind of service. Our wingers and full backs are selfish and give this guy no chance.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am not going to judge the boy but I never understood why we paid so much money for a goalkeeper and a number 9. None of them solves our big issues which are all over the place between the 2 positions.
We should have tried to convert Rashford as his link-up play and tracking back is anyway not good enough for a winger.

Lyng

At the moment he's as useful as Weghorst. Trying to wrestle defenders and putting in some running. He looks like Lukaku at times on the ball, yesterday he tried doing a couple of stepovers and fell over. His all round play isn't amazing, and obviously he's struggling to score.

He'll obviously get better in time but I do wonder exactly how good he'll be. Right now he looks levels below the likes of Ferguson, who is a year younger.
Ferguson wouldnt score in this team.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

This is my concern as well. He might be an OK striker in a year or two, but I don't see a special talent here. In fact the only outstanding attribute I see is physicality.

Honestly I thought you get such players for 10m or so. I don't mind spending money for prospects though.

Kweku Amonoo

Because we do not consistently create big clear chances as a team, there’s always an inordinate amount of pressure on our players to put away every chance. Take a lot at the best strikers around and you’ll see just how many chances they miss. The team needs to get more creative, and that is on Ten Hag.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Again, the guy was let go by FC Copenhagen 18 months before we signed him. Not sold because he was such a great talent, no, they didn’t really believe in him. There was always a question mark over him, and it hasn’t exactly diminished yet.
Juventus sold Henry.