2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

AndySmith1990

Sorry but if no one is passing to him then his positional play must be shocking. Weghorst was getting plenty of service last season

avgp_1

Its unfortunate he is struggling to score but I wont blame the kid. His best football in Italy was being able to float about, run through the channels and get involved., Not be a target man ffs. I said it before the transfer his hold up play is nowhere as refined to play the role in the PL and now when EtH has totally gone bonkers with his tactics its a graveyard for a young striker like him.

Hope he gets taken away from the firing line and can rebuild himself. Didn't have great preparation coming into the season either, a rest should do him good.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sorry but if no one is passing to him then his positional play must be shocking. Weghorst was getting plenty of service last season
Last season Rashford was scoring 30 goals.

A lot has changed since February.

We need an rvn

The lad is 20, playing in the worst United squad in over 3 decades. He is playing with 2 inverted wingers who can't pass wind or prone to brain farts when making a decision in the final 3rd.
He is playing lone up front but yet people are expecting Harry Kane moments. Be realistic, judge him when he gets proper chances. Christ.
Spot on.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Literally the dumbest post I've read all year! Weghorst himself will tell you he was operating as a second attacking midfielder to enable space for Rashford to score. He wasn't being serviced to score by any stretch of the imagination

A-man

They analysed his (lack of) runs on TV showing how he is often ball watching and doesn’t take initiatives, which means he often runs into the zone too late.
There was an example when Shaw had the ball and a good passing opportunity to Garnacho. A pro active forward would anticipate Shaws pass and the following cross from Garnacho, and run in to that zone to be available for a tap in. But Hojlund chose to do nothing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I haven't got a problem with the player but I have got a problem with the dipshits who thought we should spend 70 million on him and make him our first choice striker.

He gets shit service but he also finds himself a foot short of getting to the ball way too often.

Basically he's brimming with raw talent but we've already started to fecking ruin him like we do with a lot of players.

Sanchez7

Claims that Haaland would struggle as much as him are laughable. One is a world class striker who has scored everywhere he has played while the other scored 9 goals in Italian league last year. Having said that, i do sympathise with his cause as he simply isn't ready to lead the line in the premier league let alone for Manchester United.

A-man

18 shots in 14 games with an xg of 3.

It's not all his fault, he gets no service.
He’s also very invisible/not in the right position. Rashford has played CF in 3 matches this season and had 16 shots in those matches.

Jev

The lad is 20, playing in the worst United squad in over 3 decades. He is playing with 2 inverted wingers who can't pass wind or prone to brain farts when making a decision in the final 3rd.
He is playing lone up front but yet people are expecting Harry Kane moments. Be realistic, judge him when he gets proper chances. Christ.
No. Literally no-one is expecting this. In fact people have been very patient and forgiving with him. Most still acknowledge that it’s mostly the club’s fault for setting him up to fail. But in his league appearances he simply hasn’t met even the most modest expectations and has given reasons to doubt both his current level and his potential. That’s not just about his lack of goals, but also his hold-up play, general technique, and positional awareness.

RedRocket9908

I find it hard to believe people are still decending this guy, he has now played 15 times in the league and contributed absolutely nothing in any of them.

Biggins

There is a good player there but unfortunately we are not a good place right now to develop such players,

C'est Moi Cantona

I find it hard to believe people are still decending this guy, he has now played 15 times in the league and contributed absolutely nothing in any of them.
Just one of many this season, and at least he has his age and PL inexperience as an excuse, and also has his 5 CL goals to prove there is something to hang your hat on with him for the future.

RedRocket9908

Just one of many this season, and at least he has his age and PL inexperience as an excuse, and also has his 5 CL goals to prove there is something to hang your hat on with him for the future.
He just isnt good enough to play at this level, we could have played Joe Hugill or Charlie McNeil instead and they wouldnt have been any worse

C'est Moi Cantona

He just isnt good enough to play at this level, we could have played Joe Hugill or Charlie McNeil instead and they wouldnt have been any worse
The same could be said for most positions this season with other youth team players, especially the forwards, so they're either all bad players, or something else is going on.

GwilDor

Not bothered about the lack of passes to him, it's his poor positioning and movement when the ball is being played into the box that's the issue, Antony played one into a dangerous place with his right foot and Hojlund was nowhere near it. If he had anticipated it and positioned himself properly, he'd have had a tap in.

When he finally gets the ball, his first touch is poor, as is his dribbling.
Looking back, i tend to remember him making way more runs in his first few games, than he has lately. Mentality changing with the state of mind at the club is what i see.
In his first games i’d expect him to be at, or at least closer to, that Antony pass. But seeing as it is, he sees those passes once every 10 games, its natural to stop doing the runs. They simply don’t pay off.

I am curious with regards to our offensive game this season though. Last season it might have been masked by Rashford having an outlier season, or this season might be hampered by an insane number of injuries (i mean, we’re playing our CB choice 5 & 6 if we’re generous, and missing Casemiro and Mount (or Eriksen)from a natural starting 11 at the start of the season. When the central line is completed by a new young CF and a new GK, what can we expect?

I’m not impressed by Højlund as of late, but i urge us to just see theough this period of unrest we’re in atm, and see where we stand when we have a normally fit squad for a bit of time. If we still look lethargic then, i’m willing to make judgements. For now its all chaos management.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
keep the excuses coming people, probably ther same ones making excuses for ETH too
Doubt that. I see more blaming ETHs tactics for him not doing well.

wolvored

He was a £30 mill kid you sign to replace an ageing striker in a couple of seasons time, coming on for the last 20 mins when we are 2 up etc. He was set up to fail by being the main striker in an awful setup and costing a fortune as well. He gets no service as we have 2 inverted wingers, when at least one ought to be a normal winger playing with his best foot on the outside, so he can cross. We should give Pelestri, or try Garnacho on the right for a few games, see if it works. It cant be no worse than it is now.

Gazautd18

Feel for him.
Seems to be a "nearly" man at the moment.
Had an opportunity when the ball was fired into him but was unable to control it and it went out as well as nearly being on the end of a cross in the 6 yard box.
Apart from that nothing else came his way.
This happens most games.
Good strikers can miss a load of chances but put away one whereas our guy only gets an average of one chance a game.
He's still learning this league so will be a long hard slog for him unfortunately.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Claims that Haaland would struggle as much as him are laughable. One is a world class striker who has scored everywhere he has played while the other scored 9 goals in Italian league last year. Having said that, i do sympathise with his cause as he simply isn't ready to lead the line in the premier league let alone for Manchester United.
The best chance I've seen us create for Hojlund in the league was probably worse than 3-4 I've seen Haaland miss.
It doesn't have to be that he'd struggle as much, I doubt any are suggesting they're on the same level, but if you can't create chances then it will affect any striker.
He’s also very invisible/not in the right position. Rashford has played CF in 3 matches this season and had 16 shots in those matches.
Rashford also constantly hits terrible shots from about 30 yards.

Oranges038

It is partly his fault due to his poor hold up and movement
Partly, but not all. There's been plenty of games where he's made good runs and not been picked out with ball across the box. The quality of the service from the wide areas is fecking dreadful.

Think there was one today where he did get a good ball to feet in the box and instead of focusing on taking it in, he was more concerned with playing the defender off and forgot about the ball. First focus should always be on getting the ball under control and what you're going to do with it.