View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Delighted that goals are coming for him now. It was really the only thing missing. That second goal was phenomenal improvisation

Robbie Boy

Hat trick against Fulham and he’s 1 in 2.

But all nonsense aside, it was clear from the moment he came on at the Emirates that he could be a problem in the Premier League.

I’m delighted that he’s gambling and scoring a range of goals.

It’s conceivable he finishes the season with 20 goals which would be a great return after the poor start domestically.
Remember the stonewall peno at the Emirates that he was denied and Sky completely glossed over. Fun times.

cyberman

Just rewatched his first goal. His anticipation is unreal, he’s sprinting as if he’s expecting a through ball but it’s just to close down a passing lane or the keeper.
it’s a defender feck up but he makes that goal, he made the defender look stupid

uwotm8

He was obviously a quality player even when running dry in the premier league.

Unlucky not to finish his dinner and get a hattrick today

Mike Smalling

It's nice to see him score a lot of different types of goals by now. Tap-ins, one vs. ones, powerful shots, first time finishes. Seems like he can do a bit of everything. I'd still like to see him head in a head in a few.

Also worth noting that we still don't really create a lot of chances for him. A lot of the goals in this streak in the Premier League have been pretty random.

Andersons Dietician

A left winger brought in in the summer, who wants to creat rather than head down run into blind alleys will bring him on more too.
If only that guy on loan at Dortmund had got his head down, kept his mouth shut and owned up to his failings or better yet proved the manager wrong on the pitch as arguably you would say Rasmus would be the perfect foil for him and that he would probably be the right guy for Rasmus given his tendency to look for passes in the final 3rd.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If only that guy on loan at Dortmund had got his head down, kept his mouth shut and owned up to his failings or better yet proved the manager wrong on the pitch as arguably you would say Rasmus would be the perfect foil for him and that he would probably be the right guy for Rasmus given his tendency to look for passes in the final 3rd.
I think so too. Sancho is a lot better with the ball than Rashford. We already have enough players to carry the ball into the final third. We need players with the ability to play the killer pass.

Mike Smalling

I think so too. Sancho is a lot better with the ball than Rashford. We already have enough players to carry the ball into the final third. We need players with the ability to play the killer pass.
To be fair to Rashford, he played the killer pass today, and Garnacho fecked it up completely.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
His movement, positioning, and awareness in the box are sensational. Glad the goals are finally flowing for him.

Cloud7

Really is good to see him getting among the goals now. Even from this first game the industry and intent was always there so it's nice to see it paying off now

Ali Dia

He does that plenty. Sancho has showed nothing near Rashford’s on ball ability at United.
I don’t think that’s totally fair. Sancho has never really nailed down a spot here. His favoured LW postion probably would have been more fruitful for him if he had a striker like Rasmus to play off and been given consecutive games but at the time Rashford was scoring a lot and was easily our most important attacker. I don’t think Rashford offers all that much beyond his goals and Rasmus is scoring at a similar rate and is giving way more work rate, At his best I think Sanchos link up play is better with more variation and they are about as intense as each other, not very.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Beginning to remind me of Drogba

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Especially the Emirates point
He really worried Gabriel that day, was great to see.

Been worrying trying to figure out why the rest of the team can’t figure out how to support him since (should be pretty simple, maybe old habits are hard to erase).

Massive chuckles for all the ‘I was right/ I told you so’ posts in this thread!

Go Razzmatazz

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Ah, yes, Sancho would have been phenomenal.
Like he's smashing it in Germany now.
On his best day at United, Sancho was as good as Rashford on a mediocre day.
So yeah, he is not the answer.

But for sure, Rasmus IS the answer and the future of United.

Schmeichels pinky

Yep, been hugely encouraging to see how well he’s played apart from the goals lately. Starting to look like he’ll prove me wrong.
He already had a couple of games in. His instinct, strength, hold up play and eye for his teammates has been there from the start - I’m truly amazed at how many people judge him only on goals. Looking at the comments after the game today you’d think he suddenly got better, but the only thing he’s lacked was luck and proper service.

Red Star One

I was thinking he was way too raw and needed a good season or two before getting to the starting XI level, but he proved me wrong and gets the numbers after half a season already - long may his form continue, I was chuffed to see him getting a brace today and both kind of goals - great finish and sort of a lucky chest touch - are equally important if you want to be a true predator. There's still a lot to his game he can develop, especially in terms of technique, but here's hoping we can help him become a better player and unlock his potential.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That chest goal was incredible, he really should have completed the hat trick mind, but can’t be too critical.

Dan_F

I don’t think that’s totally fair. Sancho has never really nailed down a spot here. His favoured LW postion probably would have been more fruitful for him if he had a striker like Rasmus to play off and been given consecutive games but at the time Rashford was scoring a lot and was easily our most important attacker. I don’t think Rashford offers all that much beyond his goals and Rasmus is scoring at a similar rate and is giving way more work rate, At his best I think Sanchos link up play is better with more variation and they are about as intense as each other, not very.
Well he never nailed down a position because he continually played poorly. Until Sancho can have 35 G+A seasons in England, it’s a pointless debate. Rashford at his worst offers about as much as the best version of Sancho we’ve seen in a United shirt. There’s definitely a stat floating about that Rashford has created more chances for Hojlund than any other player in the team, so it seems like they are playing together well enough.

Schmeichels pinky

His hold up play is improving, great stuff.
I really hope someone will make one of those videos with all his touches this season. Hasn’t had that many so it should be doable and then you’ll see how good his hold up play has actually been from the first match. It will also remind the fans who didn’t notice the good things when he didn’t score of for example multiple through passes to Garnacho and Rashford

Woziak

Ah, yes, Sancho would have been phenomenal.
Like he's smashing it in Germany now.
On his best day at United, Sancho was as good as Rashford on a mediocre day.
So yeah, he is not the answer.

But for sure, Rasmus IS the answer and the future of United.
When we have 5/6 strikers in depth that all contribute like Liverpool and City he will score even more as the pressure will be off, what United need for the rest of the season is Garnaucho to be challenged by Amad, and the young lad Omari Forson to be given a shout as he’s got potential, Antony needs to be tried as a left wing back in certain games where United should play 352 in certain games.

Ultimately United need another top CF and right winger like Olise or Neto to replace Antony who’s garbage.

Bertie Wooster

Absolutely delighted to see him finally getting the PL goals that his work rate and all round #9 play deserved.

The potential was very clear - even during his wait for his first PL goal, all the top striker pundits were saying they liked the look of him and that, as soon as the first one goes in, they were sure the goals would flow.

Very impressive character, and already a good all round #9 with the high potential to become even better season by season.

Definitely, along with Mainoo, one of the huge pluses of the season.

Raven

He's a really good 9 but looks like he's probably going to be a really good all around footballer as well. His potential is absolutely massive.

Oranges038

He really worried Gabriel that day, was great to see.

Been worrying trying to figure out why the rest of the team can’t figure out how to support him since (should be pretty simple, maybe old habits are hard to erase).

Massive chuckles for all the ‘I was right/ I told you so’ posts in this thread!

Go Razzmatazz
Some classic comments after the Bournemouth game. Might be a bit early for the I told you so, but he is on fire at the minute.

criticalanalysis

Something not mentioned much is his general awareness of space and his teammates when holding the ball up. He may need to learn he can't always take a second, third or fourth touch as he will get robbed but his intention is always very progressive.

His drop of a shoulder and turns on the ball to open up the space to play a pass or create an angle is quite a delight to watch in tight spaces. He has a lot of non-flashy skill and flair.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yep. His goals were from a defensive feck up and inventing a finish out of absolutely nothing from a scuffed shot.

I'd be curious as to how many actual assists there are for his goals so far (as opposed to accidental stuff like the Garnacho one for his second today). Feels like Rashford maybe actually passed to him for a couple, but I'm struggling to remember many beyond that.
I think Rashford and maybe Garnacho have assisted like 3 or 4 total. I know Bruno doesn’t have one.

Revan

Assumptionman
His hold up play today was beautiful, impressed me even more than his two goals.

Chairman Steve

Copenhagen must be sick to their stomach watching him right now, after they sold him for no more than £2m two years ago.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Our entire season is pretty much resting on Hojlund being able to make meals out of scraps. Today he capitalised on a defensive error, turned Garnacho swinging a leg at it into a superb finish, almost got a third goal by holding off a player and getting a shot away (probably too cleanly, a toe poke may've got him his hat trick) and worked all game to bring the (selfish) wide players into the match. It was an all around excellent performance. If only he played for an excellent team...

Mike Smalling

Copenhagen must be sick to their stomach watching him right now, after they sold him for no more than £2m two years ago.
Players from the Danish league don’t tend to be sold for huge amounts. I think the record is something like £20m.
Of course, Copenhagen could likely have gotten more by keeping him around, but there is only so much you can prove in such a small league.

Ali Dia

Imagine it was us who got him for that? Heads should roll really for letting him go that cheap, they clearly didn’t rate him enough to develop him further. Garnacho was basically free too, tribunal fee I think. There are mad bargains out there. The fee and hype doesn’t have to be huge if your scouts are right about a player attributes and the manager will trust him.