5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That was actually McTominay with that crimal pass behind him in what looked as promising counter attack, when every other football player would've played it in front of him. Pass was so bad it went to one of their players.
That is Scott for you. I really thought he would shoot for Rashfords goal, to be honest. His passing is not his strength.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Your first game back against van Dijk is far from ideal, worked hard. Good to have him back. Really hope we kick on after the international break with a fit team apart from Shaw.

Sylar

He did well, and the best thing is, its great to have him back. Three of our toughest matches remaining, on paper, are at home. Thats a big boost for us and for him. And hopefully he is among the goals again soon.

Sea-Cow

That is Scott for you. I really thought he would shoot for Rashfords goal, to be honest. His passing is not his strength.
I was screaming at him to play in Amad! Good thing he ignored me.

As for Rasmus, he looked like he was running in sand so he must not be fit. Still love him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I was screaming at him to play in Amad! Good thing he ignored me.

As for Rasmus, he looked like he was running in sand so he must not be fit. Still love him.
I was thinking that too, seemed the more obvious pass from the TV angle.

Yeah, he did well considering, but you could tell he's was playing within himself a bit.

Devil81

Huge question for me is how can he get so unfit in 3 weeks?

He's was literally out on his feet from 60 minutes. He was in a similar condition earlier in the season. He needs to make sure his fitness levels don't drop so badly when he's out injured.

criticalanalysis

He's was literally out on his feet from 60 minutes. He was in a similar condition earlier in the season. He needs to make sure his fitness levels don't drop so badly when he's out injured.
He probably wasn't fit enough to properly train until very recently and get into match sharpness, which is also a separate thing.

Then with this game specifically, not having the ball, pressing high and then dropping deep because there's no midfield, on top of his all action style is not really conducive for someone to last that long. He makes selfless runs and works hard to provide a focal point.

However, having said that, I think there's a legitimate point to make on whether he can better learn to pick his moments and showcase his bursts of athleticism to affect the game more potently rather than be an all around good team player. He can be more selfish perhaps. Sometime less is more.

Mike Smalling

Danish national team manager Kasper Hjulmand has said that there is an agreement between him and Man Utd about Højlund's total playing time over the two international friendlies. Apparently he will start on Saturday, but minutes will be limited seen over the two games.

Seems smart. Get some minutes for sharpness, but minimize risk of injury.

L1nk

I think it's a combination of a bad pre season, that back injury that kept him out of the latter half of preseason and the start of the season, and then us running him into the ground in matches he's played. I don't think he's really had proper amount of time to settle and get his full fitness up. Full preseason behind him for next season and I think he will be fine. Atalanta really kinda messed up with him this past summer, not recognising his back injury still trying to grind him out in pre

Lyng

Danish national team manager Kasper Hjulmand has said that there is an agreement between him and Man Utd about Højlund's total playing time over the two international friendlies. Apparently he will start on Saturday, but minutes will be limited seen over the two games.

Good. Will give him some match fitness while not taking unnecessary risks.

Bertie Wooster

That's good.

Though it looks like he's still on after 70 minutes so far, with Denmark having already made 3 second half subs. Would have hoped 45-60 minutes would have been the agreement for the game he started. Hopefully it means he won't feature much in the 2nd game?

Mike Smalling

That's good.

Though it looks like he's still on after 70 minutes so far, with Denmark having already made 3 second half subs. Would have hoped 45-60 minutes would have been the agreement for the game he started. Hopefully it means he won't feature much in the 2nd game?
I don’t think he will. It’s against the Faroe Islands anyway, so I think we will see a lot of back-ups.

Bertie Wooster

I don’t think he will. It’s against the Faroe Islands anyway, so I think we will see a lot of back-ups.
Oh good, I hadn't realised the 2nd game was only against the Faroes.

He's just gone off now after 84 mins, whereas I was expecting maybe a 60 minute start and a half hour sub appearance or something. But that's fair enough if he's not going to feature much at all in the 2nd game - even better if the agreement is that he comes back early after this one?

Zico1982

I think he will get 20-30 minutes as a sub against the Faroe Islands. Rasmus was not very good against Switzerland tonight. Eriksen though was my MOTM playing at 10.

Bertie Wooster

On the bench as suggested by @Mike Smalling. Hope it’s max. 30minutes tonight.
I think starting one and being a sub the other was always very likely for a player just returning from injury - and because they're only friendlies so a lot of teams are rotating starting line ups more than they would in two competitive qualifiers.

The surprise, for me anyway, was that he played almost the whole game in the first own, rather than just an hour or so. He definitely shouldn't appear for more than an half hour in this one.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I think starting one and being a sub the other was always very likely for a player just returning from injury - and because they're only friendlies so a lot of teams are rotating starting line ups more than they would in two competitive qualifiers.

The surprise, for me anyway, was that he played almost the whole game in the first own, rather than just an hour or so. He definitely shouldn't appear for more than an half hour in this one.
Well their coach naturally has his own priorities and wanted to see how their attack works. And Højlund played 70 minutes against Liverpool so the next step would be a full match. 82 minutes is not a disaster, but yeah happy he got through it unscathed. Hope they don’t use him tonight at all.

Bertie Wooster

Well their coach naturally has his own priorities and wanted to see how their attack works. And Højlund played 70 minutes against Liverpool so the next step would be a full match. 82 minutes is not a disaster, but yeah happy he got through it unscathed. Hope they don’t use him tonight at all.
True.

I don't think playing 70 minutes for us in a high-octane match was ideal at all - but understandable given the importance of the game and our lack of attacking alternatives.

Presumably Denmark have more attacking alternatives in their squad than we currently do, and they were only friendly games so not hugely important. So I was expecting something like 60 minutes from the start, and around half an hour (45 mins top) as a sub. I guess, overall, he'll get around those sort of minutes provided he only gets a relatively short sub appearance tonight at most. I was just worried as the minutes went on in the first game that playing almost the whole match might see him strain something. Fortunately he seems to be OK.

I'm always a little worried in international weeks, but I think this season's injury list has made me a complete bag of nerves this time around. :)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
True.

I don't think playing 70 minutes for us in a high-octane match was ideal at all - but understandable given the importance of the game and our lack of attacking alternatives.

Presumably Denmark have more attacking alternatives in their squad than we currently do, and they were only friendly games so not hugely important. So I was expecting something like 60 minutes from the start, and around half an hour (45 mins top) as a sub. I guess, overall, he'll get around those sort of minutes provided he only gets a relatively short sub appearance tonight at most. I was just worried as the minutes went on in the first game that playing almost the whole match might see him strain something. Fortunately he seems to be OK.

I'm always a little worried in international weeks, but I think this season's injury list has made me a complete bag of nerves this time around. :)
Yeah I was expecting Højlund and AWB to be subbed after an hour, which probably was the plan but it was that type of a game where we needed every player to stretch themselves a bit further.

I totally understand you regarding the bolded. Already one player down.

Bertie Wooster

Hojlund only came on after 75 minutes of the second game. Very happy with that small amount of time, and makes it a perfectly fine amount over the two games.

And hopefully he'll come through it all fine.

Brentford 1:1 Man Utd New

Idxomer

He looked the same before his scoring run, slow to react to everything around him.

I will chalk it up to rustiness but he seems to be another player who needs time to get going after being out.

Bobski

Was back to the disconcertingly easy losses of possession and struggling to hold the ball up that was so prevalent before his goal run.

ArbeitervonWien

Can't wait when he comes back from injury. It's not ideal when we simply leave the striker position vacant like today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Simply couldn't get a grip of the ball quickly today. Another for the "rusty" locker with Martinez.

RedIan

Poor control, not strong enough with the ball coming to him with his back to goal. worked hard but we need more.

city-puma

I still don’t see it from him. I still blame whoever decided to pay so much to get him.
But the way we play, it makes him clueless seemly. We didn’t use him correctly but he has improved a lot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't want this to come across knee jerk but I do think he's quite shit when trying to win arial duels, and general 50/50s. If his back is to goal and the ball is rolled to his feet he does well enough, but otherwise not.

He also keeps falling over.

flameinthesun

Not so many keen to wank him off now. Looked clueless today. Out muscled all over the place.
I thought he did okayish today. Tbf to him he was the only one along with Mctominay in our front 6 who could actually challenge for the ball. He often had both CBs around him with no on to lay it off to. He could of course do better.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Poor control, not strong enough with the ball coming to him with his back to goal. worked hard but we need more.
It’s weird, he’s clearly not weak by any estimate, but he doesn’t seem to use that strength effectively. I think there’s a real knack to it, and he doesn’t have it at the moment.

RORY65

I don't want this to come across knee jerk but I do think he's quite shit when trying to win arial duels, and general 50/50s. If his back is to goal and the ball is rolled to his feet he does well enough, but otherwise not.

He also keeps falling over.
He has got a bit of the Haaland thing of being a big, quick striker who for some reason doesn't want to really use his physicality but just a shame that he doesn't have the same insane goal scoring prowess. He's the least of our issues though, the entire performance tonight was a mess again, and generally has been a huge positive over the last few months.

Red00012

He was shit today , that injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. Hes back to his pre goal rush form