Rate the window out of ten.

Rate our transfer window work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lemansky

4/10

We did not strengthen our weakest positions. This window has been a major disappointment and Woodward has not supported his manager. Pleased with the signing of Fred though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'll give you my grade at the end of the season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fred, to me, will prove to be an excellent buy, and will be the missing piece to our midfield.

Dalot, although not established, from what has been said, is a good, up and coming right back with fantastic potential. Touted as one of the best young right backs of his age by Mourinho. Could potentially take the spot of Young or Valencia, as he can play, both right and left back.

Lee Grant is an established keeper, with bags of experience. Probably won't play much, but he's there just encase.

For it to have been a 7, a right winger or centre back would have had to be signed.

An 8 if both were signed and 10 if we managed to sign a CB, LB, RW and established RB.

Not as worried as some going into next season, though. Actually, i'm more worried about our style of play and lack of created chances under Mourinho. Think that should be his priority going into the new season instead of moaning about the lack of signings, because even if we signed the two/three players we wanted, I'm not sure our style would have changed drastically.

Davs

6.5/10. Probably should have shifted some more deadwood and a CB would have been nice, but we'd the second best defence in the league last season so it's not too bad.
Six. Point. Five.

WHAT!

In all seriousness this window is nothing more than a 4/10. Fred looks promising and Dalot is a nice prospect, but given our weaknesses that needed to be addressed I don't think we've really done our job.

The only other positive that I can think of is Pogba & DDG staying.

Revan

Assumptionman
Find this thing a bit pointless bar for laughing years in advance. I am old enough to remember 'the best transfer window ever' when we signed Depay, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Romero and Martial. The first three found themselves out of the club after 18 months, Darmian is rated from most fans as our worst player a d Mourinho doesn't fancy Martial.

I also remember signing only Carrick in 2006 and fans thinking that we have given up on winning the title, sack Fergie, sell Giggs, monster Glazers. Boom, United entered the best period of time in their history.

Saying that, I think it was a disappointing transfer window, but like for every transfer window, only time will tell. If Pereira and Fred start well and help Pogba to unleash his potential, the team might look totally different. If Mourinho finds a way to play Martial together with Lukaku and Sanchez, then our attack will be superb. On paper, we have an awesome keeper, competent defense and potentially great midfield and attack. So it is not all gloom and doom despite the negativity for not giving Martial to Levy in order to get our sixth CB and not giving 100m pounds to Chelsea for Willian.

manichester

As a statement of intent 1/10, living on past rep. absolutely disgraceful if the board don't trust the manager they should have dispensed with his services after the Cup Final

Nick7

6/10 think Fred will be good and Dalot will become a good player. Grant's third choice.

Camilo

We didn’t challenge last year with basically the exact same squad, so where will the extra 20 points come from?
Playing better? Clearly Jose isn't getting anywhere near 100% from the players. And City are inevitably not getting near 100 points this year. We have a top squad. While it'd be nice to have a couple of new players it's not like I'm seeing great swathes of average in the team. I expect us to challenge. If we don't, Jose can do one.

Classical Mechanic

8/10

Sanchez came in in the winter window but now he is a real United player after soaking in Mou's wisdom during pre-season. Fred is great (probably) and Dalot is the best 18 year old right back about (probably).

Patrick220571

1 out of 10 because we signed Fred. Not going to get excited about signing a 35 year old third choice goalkeeper and a young right Back who made his debut in Portugal 5 months ago.

Jacob

Isn't it worrying that you rate transfer dealings before football has even been played? Theoretically, Fred could turn out better than Messi. Dalot could be the next Marcelo.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Fred and Pereira will start feeding a renewed Sanchez, a very confident Lukaku after the WC, and a very controlled Pogba will dominate the midfield for us, Lindelof will be way improved after 1 PL season. Dalot will prove to the biggest revelation this year and team spirit will be at an all time high because the lads all know each other well now. The United fighting spirit has returned.

10/10 transfer window.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
5/10. I like the Fred and Dalot signings but we needed more. We should've went out and got Mourinho's targets.

MrSingh2002

We should've got rid of Shaw and Jones for a left back and Centre Back. That wouldve made it 10 for me.

Bird Nerd

1/10 because there should have been more ooutgoings that did not happen on top of the lack of signings.

El Zoido

We basically didn’t address any of the areas of the squad that clearly desperately needed addressing apart from Fred.

AR87

5/10. I like Fred quite a bit, Dalot fits the profile to potentially fill in as an RB long term and Pereira coming back gives us another technical option in CM.

Failing to address RW and LB is poor as well as not landing the ball playing CB Jose clearly wanted.

The team isn't doomed, but we didn't fill enough holes this summer and we'll have to look to the market to strengthen in the short and long term again next summer. A better window would have given us more flexibility to address the squad in the market moving forward.

Enigma_87

You know who
Car crash /10

No RW. No CB. No LB.

20 years old who is also injured for the start of the season.

Only brought in midfielder where we have the most depth.

Oh and no backup striker.

SalfordRed1960

6/10.

I still believe on paper we have a very good side. IMO the issue is more tactical than players. Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard, Fred, Pogba, Periera is one hell of a lot of attacking talent that needs to be put to use. Still have hopes that Shaw will wake up. Our central backline, when fit and paired correctly is not too bad.

Wish list would have liked a RW and a younger Matic. But it is what it is. Apart from Liverpool, I do not think any of the other top 6 got stronger. Blindly believing City will not have the run they had last year, so think we will challenge.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
4. This was shambolic. 4 is because we bought fred and dalot and didn't lose any player. Only worse thing that we could do is to overpay some D or E target. Like maguire or rose.
We didn't bought centre back, right winger and left back. 3 positions that we need and the most important, players that our coach wanted and needed.
We didn't sell any of our deadwood( ok, for that we have time but still...).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Find this thing a bit pointless bar for laughing years in advance. I am old enough to remember 'the best transfer window ever' when we signed Depay, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Darmian, Romero and Martial. The first three found themselves out of the club after 18 months, Darmian is rated from most fans as our worst player a d Mourinho doesn't fancy Martial.

I also remember signing only Carrick in 2006 and fans thinking that we have given up on winning the title, sack Fergie, sell Giggs, monster Glazers. Boom, United entered the best period of time in their history.

Saying that, I think it was a disappointing transfer window, but like for every transfer window, only time will tell. If Pereira and Fred start well and help Pogba to unleash his potential, the team might look totally different. If Mourinho finds a way to play Martial together with Lukaku and Sanchez, then our attack will be superb. On paper, we have an awesome keeper, competent defense and potentially great midfield and attack. So it is not all gloom and doom despite the negativity for not giving Martial to Levy in order to get our sixth CB and not giving 100m pounds to Chelsea for Willian.
Would normally agree with that, except in this case our manager had already joined the fans in predicting a difficult season ahead if we didn't sign more players. Which makes it hard to hope for a 2006 style renaissance.

Josep Dowling

4/10

Started off well

Real buying Courtois keeps De Gea at United.

But to have a lower net spend than half the league when you’re chasing 18 points is a joke for a club this size.

We have done an Arsenal this season and shows the true colours of the Glazers regime. We secured Champions League comfortably last season and that’s all they want, transfer budget reduced again.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
How on earth?

2/10
Positives in no particular order:
  • David De Gea is going nowhere, for now
  • Fellaini signs new contract
  • Seen enough of Dalot over the last 18 months and think we've signed a potential superstar
  • Tuanzebe and TFM get decent season long loan deals at sides that want to play football
  • Pogba and Martial who both want away(apparently)will have to get their heads down now and concentrate on football until January
  • Early impressions of Fred are very positive
  • We didn't get screwed over paying twice the value of geriatrics Willian, Boateng and Toby A on deadline day
  • Grant is a solid pro which allows us to send Henderson and JC Pereira out on loan to get needed first-team football
  • Andreas Pereira a precocious talent finally seems to have grown up and wants to stay and fight for his place
  • There's a real possibility Jose will throw a wobbly and walk out

Karappa

3 at best, United took a step back while almost every team strengthened their squad considerably. As I said in the other thread I would be absolutely amazed if Mourinho stays until the end of the season... The club has more or less told him to go judging by this transfer window... In my opinion it will be a fight for a Top 4 place at best, important titles are way out of reach - even more than last season...

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't really think I could give it a numerical rating, but I think it was a problematic window/summer to say the least.
Our fullbacks and even centre backs are still a major issue.
Hopefully Dalot really is the best young fullback in Europe because he needs to be.
Left back, right back and centre back are the positions that worry me this season.
It's frustrating, because this window we didn't need a big overhaul like in the last two summers, just some capable fullbacks, a solid, consistent centre back and a midfielder which we did get wouldn't have been much to ask for, and may have not even cost us that much money.
Very strange.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We needed 5 players, we got 2. One is a 19 year old with little top flight experience.

3/10