Rate the window out of ten.

Rate our transfer window work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redadair72

Are we being serious right now?

He’s in a hotel because of his ego?
I'm just trying to say that by living always in a hotel, not temporarily, for a few weeks, when he was first appointed, it sends out a message. A message to the hierarchy and to the fans and indeed the players that he could be off at any moment (doesn't he have a history of leaving most clubs he manages in the third year?)

That's my point. I also think his demeanor has changed from when he first came to England to manage Chelsea, he is now such a grinch and I fear his negativity (his comments in America pre-season, for example) will carry on to the pitch meaning we have a tough season ahead.

But I hope I'm wrong (I tend to be a pessimist!)

Mike Smalling

I have no issues that we did not add another CB, as I think we are adequately covered in that position. I do, however, feel it is an issue that we did not fix the LB position. Ideally we should also have added a RW, but I still think we have a decent amount of firepower with Lukaku, Rashford, Sanchez and Martial. The problem is there is no obvious way to set up these players in a formation as their are all best up top or on the left.

The reaction to the transfer window combined with our pre-season performances are a bit embarassing though. I can't wait for the game tonight - hopefully we will put in a good performance, so the negativity go away for a while.

Whatsername

I'm disappointed that we didn't address the RB and LB situation, and that we couldn't offload the deadwood to anyone. Plus Fellaini's still here.

redadair72

Re: choclate on your pillow! You do get, if you tell your housekeeper, that's what you want! He is rich enough to have a north west home and his London one, where his family are I believe. It would have greater privacy & show commitment to what is the world's most famous football club that I don't think he is showing by living at the Marriott. This is my view, it has been all last season and I'm sticking to it!

sugar_kane

Based on who we signed, maybe a 3 - Fred will hopefully be a great signing but having zero decent full backs, no strong ball playing centre back and no one for the right flank is still a massive issue.

Based on the reasons behind missing out on our targets ie. the Glazers being tight and Woodward thinking he knows more about football than Mourinho - 0. It spells big trouble for the future unfortunately as our club is being run by idiots who only care about resale value.

redadair72

[QUOTE="sugar_kane, post: 22926356, member: 77990"....unfortunately as our club is being run by idiots who only care about resale value.[/QUOTE]

That is one way to look at it. Another way is to consider that behind the scenes the hierarchy are sending a message to JM to say: please coach the players and improve them, instead of buying people in their late 20s and just picking a team and making substitutions during matches. I think they want him to be a coach and a manager whereas Jose just seems to treat the job as a real-life Football Manager game.

PS: there is nothing wrong with getting younger players that will have a resale value, in the future. Plus, they maybe more receptive to coaching too. You can't teach an old dog new tricks as they say...

RedFish

I have no issues that we did not add another CB, as I think we are adequately covered in that position. I do, however, feel it is an issue that we did not fix the LB position. Ideally we should also have added a RW, but I still think we have a decent amount of firepower with Lukaku, Rashford, Sanchez and Martial. The problem is there is no obvious way to set up these players in a formation as their are all best up top or on the left.

The reaction to the transfer window combined with our pre-season performances are a bit embarassing though. I can't wait for the game tonight - hopefully we will put in a good performance, so the negativity go away for a while.
But you would say that Mike.

Motorman

We signed promising RB. Signed a quality CM from under City's nose. Kept PP and AM. Recalled AP from loan.

However didnt get rid of some deadwood and didnt strengthen in LB, CB and RW which would have been key IMO.

Therefore balanced window

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I went for a 3... Fred could be a very good signing, but that surely isn't enough us to catch-up to City (which should surely be the goal here)

I feel like we probably could and should have secured a CB, but for whatever reason that hasn't happened. I also really would have liked to see us take a bit of a punt on a tricksy winger (in the £20m-£30m range) - but unfortunately our scouting department don't seem to identify those sorts of targets anymore.

RedFish

Got to think that any well planned out strategy for improving the team would involve upgrading the team this summer window. It's not as if we're the finished article. That we failed to so in key positions is shoddy to say the least. You'd be forgiven for thinking they only started thinking of which players might be targets during the WC, whereas it should be have been in progress mid last season. Negligent!

MrSingh2002

Darmian will probably leave in this window but not adding another fullback could bite us in the arse.

RedB4ndiT

Gave it a 4.

The arrival of Fred will do nothing to help us win the league or the UCL. I'd rather we play Herrera-Matic-Pogba. We only signed him because City wanted him (like Alexis). The other players are not good enough to play in the league and we'll only see them in the cup games.