Raul Jimenez suffers fractured skull

Raredaredevil

I hope this doesn't ruin his career. He is one of the best strikers in the league and at the prime of his career. Shows how precarious a footballer's career is. An injury can cause you to be out for months or you have to retire.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant to see. Fingers crossed he will be able to be back on the pitch some day. Cracking player and one I would very much have liked to see us sign.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I dont think heading can be banned from the game. But i think the rules should be altered.
If they made a rule were any header that involves a jump from 1 foot, awards a free kick to the other team.
This would mean to jump for a header, you would need to jump from 2 feet, which means you can only jump directly up and you would lose the running jump, which causes a lot of the issues.
I think that would be impossible to police, no?

How would the referee be able to determine the heights players have jumped from?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good luck to him. Really hope he can somehow make a full recovery.

Gasolin

If he can be back, it would be great for the game. I would hate to see him lose the ability to have a career on an injury, especially that kind. But I really hope it doesn't leave some sort of trauma on him, especially for heading challenges. Well, things look positive so that's great.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Bad man mentality. The early signs are promising. I don’t remember hearing anything about Mason for ages.

Bad man as in beast, just to clarify *
Mason said it took months before he could go outside because of the light and that even people speaking at regular volume was too much for him. Thankfully Jimenez's case doesn't seem to be anywhere near as severe but mentally it's surely going to be a challenge to get back to playing even if he is declared to be ok in a physical sense.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Amazed he's up and walking about so fast. That was 1 hell of a hit he took.

Classical Mechanic

Andy_Cole

If he can be back, it would be great for the game. I would hate to see him lose the ability to have a career on an injury, especially that kind. But I really hope it doesn't leave some sort of trauma on him, especially for heading challenges. Well, things look positive so that's great.
If he’s back I do expect him to wear a head guard.

I do wonder if this will start becoming the new norm to wear? Why hasn’t this been explored to make the game safer?

TrustInOle

Raul Jimenez: Wolves striker returns from fractured skull in pre-season friendly defeat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57869739

Returned today and I'm very curious how his career will go from hereon. Surely he won't be able to attack the ball head-wise as much?

Hoping for the best, of course. He was a real talent prior to his devastating injury.
One of my favourite strikers in the league and always a nightmare to play against! I hope he stays fit and can reignite his career! Tremendous mentality!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He should be fine in terms of heading etc...He has been cleared by docs etc.

The issue will be mentally, will he challenge as hungry as before in the air etc...

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Raul Jimenez: Wolves striker returns from fractured skull in pre-season friendly defeat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57869739

Returned today and I'm very curious how his career will go from hereon. Surely he won't be able to attack the ball head-wise as much?

Hoping for the best, of course. He was a real talent prior to his devastating injury.
He just needs to look at Alex Telles if he needs some inspiration.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Good to see him out there. 60 minutes against Real Betis.

Halftrack

Yeah, i just realized that Telles has scars on both side of this head. What was that about?
Skull-fracture from clashing heads with another player while challenging for a high ball, back when he was still playing for Gremio. Don't know if it was as egregious as Luiz on Jimenez, but it resulted in the same kind of injury.