Raul Jimenez to Man Utd?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I really hope this is fake news.

Yes, I'd like another top striker at United but;

1. A striker isn't a priority area we need to improve
2. He would cost a bundle which means less money on areas it should be going
3. He's almost 30, you'll get almost zero return on him
4. He's not a big improvement on Martial. for the £60/70m+ you'd spend on Jimenez, there are younger better options out there.

I feel like the people who are saying this is an amazing signing are just trying to convince themselves. We did this with some previous managers and their poor signings and look where that got us.
Just on part 3 - we're Man Utd - we don't buy players for re-sale value!!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If he isn't cheap, it makes no sense. We have several positions in the starting eleven that should be improved.

EwanI Ted

I’d be all over this, he’s such a good player. Not exceptional at any one thing but really well rounded. Can lead the line, can link up play, fast enough for counter attacks, decent in the air, scores all different types of goals and is a really hard worker. Sadly it looks like baseless gossip and in truth we need to strengthen other areas more. So, not happening.

georgipep

The post says its an assumption.

Weird to go for him when we need reinforcements in other areas.

I do see the logic because he is higher level than Ighalo and gives us a different dimension.
If we were to get Jiménez it would be for a starting striker and that's why I think it makes no sense. He would be expensive both on transfer fee and wages. Plus, he's in a stage in his career when he is supposed to be at his best and moving to sit on the bench to be an impact sub and cup player makes absolutely no sense.

Skills

Snitch
Why?

We have Mason and Martial and he's not a better goalscorer than either of them

prateik

Would be nice.. but the Portuguese outlets have absolutely no credibility.. Not worth a thread.

Alemar

Would be nice.. but the Portuguese outlets have absolutely no credibility.. Not worth a thread.
They say Dalot will be involved. Dalot is Portuguese, so perhaps their outlets might know something...

If it’s a player swap, it’s much better for us transfer budget - wise

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Adding Jimenez and Sancho surely makes your attack one of the best around. Would be a good signing for you he’s a real handful.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do people genuinely think Martial is a better CF at present than Jimenez, let alone Igahlo?

Jimenez has a lot more to his game than martial
Yes of course Martial is better considering he's the one that has more to his game.

Jiminez is good but don't see the point in splashing the cash on a position we have as good or better players in. We have other areas of real concern

G-manc

I like Jimenez and i do think we need a striker, just not as a priority over other positions this summer.

Skills

Snitch
Yes of course Martial is better considering he's the one that has more to his game.

Jiminez is good but don't see the point in splashing the cash on a position we have as good or better players in. We have other areas of real concern
And he's better goalscorer. Jimenez is 29 and has only scorer more than 20 goals once in his career. Don't get the fuss over him.

I expect him to be back to his average 15-16 goals next season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Martial, Rashford, James for LW
Martial, Jimenez, Ighalo for CF
Sancho, Greenwood, Lingard for RW

are fantastic options to have and a requirement for a side wanting to win the league.
That's literally 9 players for 3 positions :lol:

Squad depth though :drool:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Do people genuinely think Martial is a better CF at present than Jimenez, let alone Igahlo?

Jimenez has a lot more to his game than martial
They are different types of strikers. Who have the same amount of league goals. Go figure. What do you mean let alone Igahlo? :lol:

RAVred

They are different types of strikers. Who have the same amount of league goals. Go figure. What do you mean let alone Igahlo? :lol:
Error by me there, meant I saw posters mentioning Igahlo as a reason for Jimenez not to come (and Jimenez is better than anyone as a pure cf in my eyes).

Also I agree they’re different types of strikers for sure

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
And he's better goalscorer. Jimenez is 29 and has only scorer more than 20 goals once in his career. Don't get the fuss over him.

I expect him to be back to his average 15-16 goals next season.
I suppose it's close between the two. But Martial is young and has his best years ahead of him not to mention possibly going up a notch or two. I mean, technically he's lightyears ahead of Jiminez who is better physically and in the air. For the standard CF target man play, I think you can get enough cheap buys in to do 'a job' whereas Martial has the sort of quality that you don't find easily.

I think we have far bigger concerns in this squad to spunk 60 million plus on a CF that won't upgrade on what we have.

Cassidy

Error by me there, meant I saw posters mentioning Igahlo as a reason for Jimenez not to come (and Jimenez is better than anyone as a pure cf in my eyes).

Also I agree they’re different types of strikers for sure
Our attack doesnt rely on a pure CF infact its quite dependant atm on Martial and the fluidity. However for different games and options would be great to have Jiminez

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
RTP isn't really an outlet, it's more or less the Portuguese equivalent of the BBC. They don't really peddle in rumours; the last big football story they reported before it happened was Jorge Jesus going back to Benfica. It's not really on their day-to-day agenda to make things up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't see it. Jimenez might be leaving but there's been way more talk of him going to Juve. Don't see us signing him.

Okey

Weird one. Maybe sign an agreement then let Wolves keep him till January? So they can plan? Doesn't sound terribly credible to be honest.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I rate him highly but he really doesn’t make sense here. He’d be expensive, isn’t that young and would probably expect to play more often than not and we cannot guarantee that with our other players lining up for the same spot.

TheMod

Firstly why would Wolves sell their player of the season?

Secondly the basis of the rumour is based on an article that says it in passing off the cuff.

This is not going to happen, mark my words

Reactions: Sultan

KW2006

Sheringham type of signing, except that Teddy was a free signing

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’d be a fantastic signing for the right price.

G-manc

Our attack doesnt rely on a pure CF infact its quite dependant atm on Martial and the fluidity. However for different games and options would be great to have Jiminez
I alluded to it in another thread but i'd quite like the option of a what i would call a proper striker/CF rather than a only having forwards that can change positions like our current options. Rashford can't be trusted centrally and Greenwood is still very young. Ighalo has done a job but he's not mobile enough for me.

Quality competition for places is what we need in al positions if we're to challenge on all fronts. I don't want to see any more garbage about people 'filling in' when they quite clearly aren't good enough to play a role.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Wow, is Manchester United management team reading my post?

Jimenez will be a fantastic backup or even starter for cup and few premier league games. Make this happen.

Now all we need is Grelish, Kubo and Ghendouzi, Camaviga or Tonali to add a more dynamic cdm to protect Bruno and Pogba. However, I feel Ole might go for Sancho, and Rice.

lewwoo

I love Martial but lets address the elephant in the room. Does he score enough goals to lead the line for a side that has championship ambitions? And if the answer is no then will he soon?

Cassidy

I love Martial but lets address the elephant in the room. Does he score enough goals to lead the line for a side that has championship ambitions? And if the answer is no then will he soon?
He has the same amount of league goals as Jiminez having missed 2 months this season