Raul Jimenez

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'd take him. Hearing things like "he's not good enough for a top team"... Have people forgotten that we are no longer a top team. We can't get players like Felix so the logical step is to get players that can help move is a few steps forward. Then once we're established top 4, that's when you go for players that can get you title contention.

Josep Dowling

Truth is midfield is surely priority and the fact we keep ignoring it shows me the management don’t have a clue what the squad needs.

theklr

Truth is midfield is surely priority and the fact we keep ignoring it shows me the management don’t have a clue what the squad needs.
They have said a gazillion times they are after one striker and two midfielders.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Can see it.
He's 28 yrs old and ,if Raul is looking for a move, now is the time to milk a decent fee from him.
Possibly between 30/40 million.

Also, am I right in thinking that one of the reasons Wolves were quick to sign him was the potential to make a profit on him in the future ?
Pretty certain I read something like this in relation to Jimenez last year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not about the numbers with Jimenez. It's about his ability as a allround good footballer who would improve the rest of our attackers with his hold up/link play.

Jimenez would give us what Firminho gives to Liverpool imo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be a very good signing IMO. Very good age and style to compliment the others (and leave Greenwood with a path to the long term #9 spot which will be his). Dont think hed cost a crazy amount either tbh, though obviously not cheap either. Get him and some midfielders and itd be a good window for once.

sherrinford

It's not about the numbers with Jimenez. It's about his ability as a allround good footballer who would improve the rest of our attackers with his hold up/link play.

We already get that from our own starting striker...

The money would be better spent elsewhere.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Whether he's the forward to give us a new dimension upfront is up for debate but we need a striker who,at the very least, will compete aerially.

Rashford,Martial and Greenwood seem to lack the impulse to compete for ball in the air in the box.

Liverpool have Firmino. Chelsea have Abrahams and Giroud. Spurs have Kane. Arsenal Martineli and ,heck, even Jesus is good in the air for City and he's tiny.
We have no one. Zilch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Even with the numbers, he has 17 goals in all comps so far. Excellent all round player and knows how to score goals.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I really like Jimenez, he offers a bit of everything. Good link up play, holds the ball up well, has good feet, is skillful, deceptively quick and knows how to score goals at this level.

If rumors were true about a Juve Pogba bid, Rabiot, Can and 40 million, I would take that, add on 10 million and bring in this guy.

Suddenly we have a squad that only needs a quality number 10 and a new left back to be competitive against anyone with decent coaching.

It would be a massive step forward, and all for 10 million + a player who isn’t contributing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Even with the numbers, he has 17 goals in all comps so far. Excellent all round player and knows how to score goals.
His numbers are actually good, as you quite rightly point out.

He also provides a aerial threat in addition to his off the ball movement and intelligence which is superior to any forward we have.

POF

He's a superb all round striker. He would be perfect to lead the line at United. What I really like about him is his ability to bring other players into the game. He would elevate players like Rashford and Greenwood.

He is the focal point of the Wolves attack, has great workrate and adds a physical element to the attack which United lacks.

But, if the club wanted him, he was available when Wolves signed him permanently in the summer. If they go for him now it is another example of the utter ineptitude of the recruitment at United.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a superb all round striker. He would be perfect to lead the line at United. What I really like about him is his ability to bring other players into the game. He would elevate players like Rashford and Greenwood.

He is the focal point of the Wolves attack, has great workrate and adds a physical element to the attack which United lacks.

But, if the club wanted him, he was available when Wolves signed him permanently in the summer. If they go for him now it is another example of the utter ineptitude of the recruitment at United.
Didn't Wolves have first option on signing him? If they did, then he wasn't available for us..

POF

Didn't Wolves have first option on signing him? If they did, then he wasn't available for us..
Maybe they did.

If so, just another example of the ineptitude of my posting!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think Jimenez is a superb all-round striker and I'd love to have him at OT. 28 turning 29 so he's on that borderline between being in his prime and being 'past it'. Good signing if we plan to utilise him for 2-4 years whilst we wait for Greenwood to develop but Mason is already pretty close to being ready as it is IMO.
In 5 months. The Cafe ladies and gentlemen.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Dont think United had any intention in bringing in a forward in the summer even with Lukaku's and Sanchez's departures.

The idea was to spend the summer primarily to improve upon the defence. Which,going by this season so far,its certainly up for debate whether the defence has actually been improved upon.

Back to Raul Jimenez. I'm up for the signing. Think it'll be a shrewd move.
Not sure how Martial will cope with the potential competition,though he'll probably be injured anyway.

SATA

27 to 31 is the prime age for a striker, even Fergie said that himself. Would love him here to share the spot with Martial

POF

Dont think United had any intention in bringing in a forward in the summer even with Lukaku's and Sanchez's departures.

The idea was to spend the summer primarily to improve upon the defence. Which,going by this season so far,its certainly up for debate whether the defence has actually been improved upon.

Back to Raul Jimenez. I'm up for the signing. Think it'll be a shrewd move.
Not sure how Martial will cope with the potential competition,though he'll probably be injured anyway.
I agree. I think the intention was to sign a number 10 rather than a number 9 but Rashford's run up front changed that plan.

Jimenez would be such a good option. Martial moved back to the left to get more involved in the last 2 games, so that's definitely an option. Raul has played number 10 for Wolves too (behind Jota). Martial could play deeper too.

What makes him ideal is that he can be an inconsistent finisher so playing in a front line with other goal scorers in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would be really good for him.

His work rate and physicality would be huge for this United team.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I agree. I think the intention was to sign a number 10 rather than a number 9 but Rashford's run up front changed that plan.

Jimenez would be such a good option. Martial moved back to the left to get more involved in the last 2 games, so that's definitely an option. Raul has played number 10 for Wolves too (behind Jota). Martial could play deeper too.

What makes him ideal is that he can be an inconsistent finisher so playing in a front line with other goal scorers in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would be really good for him.

His work rate and physicality would be huge for this United team.
You are kind of describing him like firminho, it not a bad thing, some times you need facilitators up front.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Jiménez would make sense if we use Rashford as the left-sided forward and Greenwood as the right-sided forward ⁠— and are convinced that they can score a high volume of goals on a consistent basis, so you can sacrifice some goals at the center forward position to accentuate their strengths. Both of them like to drift inwards and have a pop at goal, so they will benefit from the presence of a player who can bring them into play, press with intent, hold a high line if need be, knit things together...just make things easier for them and clear the traffic, so to speak.

A bit like Benzema at Madrid with Cristiano and Bale, or perhaps Mandzukić for Heynckes' Bayern with Müller, Robben, Ribéry and Kroos — albeit at a lower level because Jiménez is not as good as Benzema, and Rashford/Greenwood are not as good, or as productive, as those forwards/inverted-wingers, at least for now.

That being said, he is not the youngest player and might have already reached his highest level — what you see with Wolves is, in all likelihood, what you can expect in terms of peak performance — a good, and occasionally very good, but not great player. He's not suddenly going to develop a much better eye/appetite for goal — in that sense he's the antithesis of Chicharito: lovely all round play but not the most natural or opportunistic poacher.

To be honest, he seems to be a Pochettino style center-forward with regard to physical profile, touch of scrappiness as the focal point, ability to press from the front and so forth. Like Lambert at Southampton (top scorer under Mauricio but also assisted a club-high 10 goals). Or Kane (who is a more prolific scorer but still a good foil for the likes of Son and Alli). Or even Llorente for a wee bit.

RedCurry

He’s same level as Giroud. He’d be okay but we should really aim higher.

enurs

We need more players and this is a realistic signing. Go for it.

SAFMUTD

The note was posted by “mediotiempo” theyre a newspaper from Mexico, Im mexican theyre not reliable at all. They usually post notes about mexican players that interest ManUtd, I remember at least 4 players they have talk about without anything even sounding outside their notes, funny this got here though.

Mcking

I'd pay over £50m easily. He's a better version of Firmino with much more physical presence.

Terminator

I dont see the comparisons to Giroud at all apart from the hold up play.

He's fast,strong and an absolute warrior who leaves everything on the field.

sherrinford

The money needs to be spent on numerous positions and not just confined to midfield and RW.
Apologies, I misspoke - it should not be spent on Jimenez. Your post illustrates exactly why - if we are looking for a striker it should be something different.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He would be a perfekt center forward for us.

But I can imagine the club would be sceptical about buying a striker close to thirty after Sanchez and Matic. Furthermore, watching the decline of players like Rooney, RvP and Mata. Even Falcao and Schweinsteiger.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
It wouldn't make any sense for us to sell our main goal scorer, especially not in January. It's just a lazy rumour