Ravel Morrison (Only football related)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Which isn't exactly possession of a firearm is it genius? You could be in a car completely unknowing that there was a gun in the car boot (if that's what it was).
And if that was the case you would be arrested and questioned over the possesion of a fire arm. I don't know if he was guilty or not. I'm guessing not.

Rubbish, people with no previous interest just want the gossip, there would be no interest otherwise.
I've never shown an interest in Morrison on this board but have no interest in gossiping. It's simply wanting to know what 1 of our promising young talent has possibly been up to which could drag the name of the club through the mud.

datura

I've never shown an interest in Morrison on this board but have no interest in gossiping. It's simply wanting to know what 1 of our promising young talent has possibly been up to which could drag the name of the club through the mud.
All you're doing is getting involved in the gossiping and adding to it. It's surely not that difficult to understand?

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Well it should be all or nothing. If people want to protect him by not posting the alleged offences then they shouldn't post about it at all because it does nothing but peddle the rumour mill.
I do agree. Inevitably we end up with people on this thread who are determined not to drop the subject until they get all the gossip.

However this is a world wide forum so sometimes we should be careful who's name we drag through the mud merely to satisfy our urge for exciting tittle-tattle. United are choosing not to say anything so we should respect that and do the same.

Carl

All you're doing is getting involved in the gossiping and adding to it. It's surely not that difficult to understand?
I'm getting involved in the gossiping? I haven't gossiped at all. I don't know what he's supposed to have done.

There's a touch of irony and hypocricy with your posts anyway. You say we shouldn't talk about it as it contributes to the gossip but that's exactly what you're doing here:

Manunitedreserves seems to be going off on one on Twitter about Morrison. Wish he'd keep a dignified silence until the actual rumours are confirmed as I can't really see any benefit in drawing more adverse attention to the player.
If you don't want people gossiping and talking about it then you shouldn't bring it up in the first place.

You seem to be attempting to take some kind of moral high ground here but we're not accusing him of anything. There's lots of rumours about him and he attracts a lot of attention (it would seem he's a bit of a naughty lad) and he's representing the club. A lot of people are interested in his activities because A) He plays for the club we all love and B) People are concerned by the clubs reputation being soiled.

datura

I'm getting involved in the gossiping? I haven't gossiped at all. I don't know what he's supposed to have done.

There's a touch of irony and hypocricy with your posts anyway. You say we shouldn't talk about it as it contributes to the gossip but that's exactly what you're doing here:

If you don't want people gossiping and talking about it then you shouldn't bring it up in the first place.

You seem to be attempting to take some kind of moral high ground here but we're not accusing him of anything. There's lots of rumours about him and he attracts a lot of attention (it would seem he's a bit of a naughty lad) and he's representing the club. A lot of people are interested in his activities because A) He plays for the club we all love and B) People are concerned by the clubs reputation being soiled.
I referred to nothing about the player and it was a specific criticism of one twit(terer) and in the context of the influence of twitter itself (try following the actual discussion for once).

As for the 2nd point, all my views have already been expressed on the subject.

Carl

I referred to nothing about the player and it was a specific criticism of one twit(terer) and in the context of the influence of twitter itself (try following the actual discussion for once).

As for the 2nd point, all my views have already been expressed on the subject.
I've read the entire thread thanks so understand the context fully. Don't you see how your post (which mentions the Twitterer, the player and "rumours") might provoke other people to say "Oh what rumours?" etc?

Try not to be such a condescending bell end if you're going to reply this time eh?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Why is talk about a rumor ahead of the kids here who play for united who want to play for United (reserves/academy etc)?...Ravels talented but we have alot of talent here. I hope he makes it because he's an English lad and because he is not typically English in how he plays but all this could possibly aid is a media interest who go digging bringing up the past when sometimes it's best to forget because people do change. Ravel has the right to be allowed to be an idiot because he's young. We can't expect all kids to realise how lucky they are. He won't be the first or the last. I think the club are willing to support him because they believe it's the right thing to do and let's hope that proves to be the case.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He couldn't have been, it carries a minimum 5 year jail sentence.
Well here's hoping he wasn't however he would still have been classed as a minor in 2009, and possibly just possibly mind, he may have been cautioned and not formally arrested and charged

MPTutd

He was never in possession of a firearm.

He was in a car which was pulled over and a firearm was found. It was proved to belong to somebody else and not Rav.

Striker10

They need something to print and often people are more then happy to give them the chance. It's unfortunate. That 2 weeks talk is bullshit....they're just basing a story on rumors/speculation and giving a deadline to make it slightly more 'dramatic'

Rooney1987

We will the club said the other day hes not suspended this is just Daniel Taylor jumping on all the stories from 2 weeks ago.

Brophs

The One and Only
Clearly something is going on, whatever that something is. It's a relatively easy matter to brief a friendly journo or two with the real story if this is all paper bollocks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just clocked Taylors twitter and came to see if anyone knew what was going on; I agree with Brophs it's easy enough to put an end to if it's BS, which suggests something is going on. I hope it's not as serious as Taylor's making out, it'd be a huge shame for a lad with so much potential to be messing up his chances with off field idiocy.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
DTguardian: Apologies so many unanswered questions about 17-year-old Ravel Morrison. Can't debate this one but more in next few weeks #mufc
about 16 minutes ago

i.e. "all I know is what I read on Red Issue and Red Cafe so I can't actually say any more without looking even more foolish than usual"

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I find it hard to believe that Guardian article, I think Fergie mentioned him yesterday only in his interview regarding FA Youth Cup. Why would he do that, if the club is on the verge of sacking him(allegedly)

Striker10

Just clocked Taylors twitter and came to see if anyone knew what was going on; I agree with Brophs it's easy enough to put an end to if it's BS, which suggests something is going on. I hope it's not as serious as Taylor's making out, it'd be a huge shame for a lad with so much potential to be messing up his chances with off field idiocy.
how do you end it though? United won't talk about a kid. The problem is the people spreading the rumors in the first place - mud sticks and so any stories about Morrison will tend to be believed because 'there's no smoke without fire etc' (and Morrison obviously has 'previous'). I think it's a situation we just have to live with sadly

datura

I find it hard to believe that Guardian article, I think Fergie mentioned him yesterday only in his interview regarding FA Youth Cup. Why would he do that, if the club is on the verge of sacking him(allegedly)
Those quotes were from an interview filmed before the Portsmouth game, not yesterday.

8thWonder

Id like the club to make a statement dismissing all this shit. Think we may need a Fergie styled protective bubble if the gutter press keep building this up
Surely that would give it a lot more coverage. What I think they'll do is simply, if this is rubbish, they won't say anything and when he plays his next game/s it will all blow over. No need to create more headlines for the guy just to squash previous ones, he needs to get used to it sooner rather than later being english, skillful and already having a bad boy image because this kind of thing will follow him round like a bad smell.

If Taylors stirring without there being any truth in it I suspect Fergie will give him a clip round the ear in private at the next presser.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Those quotes were from an interview filmed before the Portsmouth game, not yesterday.
Oh ok, didn't knew that. Thanks.
Surely that would give it a lot more coverage. What I think they'll do is simply, if this is rubbish, they won't say anything and when he plays his next game/s it will all blow over. No need to create more headlines for the guy just to squash previous ones, he needs to get used to it sooner rather than later being english, skillful and already having a bad boy image because this kind of thing will follow him round like a bad smell.

If Taylors stirring without there being any truth in it I suspect Fergie will give him a clip round the ear in private at the next presser.
Taylor is already banned by Fergie from his press conferences.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
To be fair if we started a shit rumour in here and proceeded to carry it on like it's the truth and everyone played along it would be picked up and Taylor is the same guy that was adamant that Vida was on his way out and I often point that out to him so pinch of salt guys!

MPTutd

As I have said before in this thread, I think we will stand by him as his football career is his chance to get away from a life of crime, which unfortunately appears to be the alternative.

We need to get him away from his mates, and as I said before a loan to 'trusted' clubs like Peterborough or Molde would not be a bad thing IMO.

Decotron

I think this has already happened due to lazy journalism...

@Datura Im pretty certain I saw Fergie mention him (in realtion to the youth team) last w/e on MUTV...

Not that it matters though, looking at kid he looks alot more focused on his game than he did maybe 12-18months ago. Considering his ability and potential Im certain he'll be staying with us for a long time.

Ringo 07

Fergie needs to send him out on loan to a tough manager so that he can be as far away from the bad influences he has around him as possible

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I know he'd had problems, basically surrounding his friends and extended family, but I thought the news this season had all been positive. Training better, showing up on time, walking away from some of the trouble - basically sounding like he was taking it more seriously. Hence him being rewarded by getting to spend more time with the first team. So if things have kicked off again then that's a real shame.