RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - AMad year

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Why is it being announced now when we're going for a quadruple? Why?? This is a big letdown, I assume we have someone lined up or is it also a massive feck up
All the “he’s not that great” oppo fans celebrating like they’ve done the treble.
We have to win everything this season now, for him
At least win some pots this season and then announce it, I don't understand why we've decided to unsettle the whole club at a crucial moment, we'll probably go to shit on the pitch now
Like a sucker punch, I'm literally 45 years of age and sit working from home crying.

Respect the great mans wishes all day long but this hurts.
He's irreplaceable - I honestly don't know what we're going to do.
Hes leaving because he cant do it anymore
He wishes he could
Hes announced it now because they cant keep it secret until the summer
feck what other fans think, don't even read it.

Thats pretty much it.
Expected this, said it to my dad the other day while we were watching the match

He’s done miracles and is doing it right now

But he doesn’t want to stagnate or risk it. He’s not a Pep.

I could almost see it in how good and ‘different’ his mood is this season
Let's get the fecking quadruple for him. Absolutely shocked by this, but listening to the interview (not finished yet), I understand why Klopp took the decision, it's who he is. The club need to be smart about whom they appoint to succeed him. There's enough time for them, to make the best decision they can
Well shit. Gonna need to rebuild the entire coaching staff as well, and who knows how that'll go regarding what players they'll want to bring in/move on. Let's save the doomposting for another time, for now let's just appreciate every second we've got left with the great man.
Tell him to take all the time off he needs.

Let Ljinders steer it till he feels ready to come back. Don’t care if we get fecking relegated if it means Klopp is ready to go again.
I hear Gerrard might be free soon

No Idea For Nickname

The entire backroom team leaving too, that's the strangest part for me. Something happened to make them all walk, Matos and Pep are huge assets to the club too
Well shit. Gonna need to rebuild the entire coaching staff as well, and who knows how that'll go regarding what players they'll want to bring in/move on. Let's save the doomposting for another time, for now let's just appreciate every second we've got left with the great man.
That's a huge problem as well, of course they'll find a manager and staff, not sure who though, too soon for Alonso?
Alonso is definitely ready if he so quickly has overtaken Bayern Munich. Klopp was the last one to do that so more than enough evidence for me
Stunned would be an understatement.

Has to be a family/personal issue. Which I seriously hope it’s not. Or he’s been offered the German national job after the Euros.

Would have preferred this being talked about at the end of the season and not when we’re in contention for 4 trophies.
First and foremost Danke Schön for the happy memories and hoping we give you many more for the many years ahead.

Hopefully, the timing of the announcement is that we have something lined up. Looking at our success in the past and the path of Manchester United post-Ferguson I was hoping that we were taking advantage of the stability to setup the succession but the news that Jürgen's Back Staff is leaving as well makes me wonder...
Don't blame him at all. He's had limited funding from FSG during his time here, he's been fecked over by PGMOL so many times it's laughable, all while trying to win against a team accused of cheating who still haven't been punished. Not to mention this country is going down the fecking shit pan. Wish him the absolute best, the best manager we'll ever see in our lifetimes.
Who wouldn't run out of gas with limited budget to fight against state funded teams
He's irreplaceable - I honestly don't know what we're going to do.
We never thought we'd cope without Shanks - our new Bob Paisley will be coming in
Can only think that the unfairness of the City situation plays into this. Why continue to waste energy when others cheat their way to beating you?
Sssssshhhhhhh The World won't listen. "There is no corruption in the Premier League" etc...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Heres hoping they will regress back to signing players like Benteke and Andy Caroll. And having moments like Crystanbul and Redcard G. Oh and their fan phoning Talksport to moan about the manager.

GMoore23

Pool fans going to find out just how bad their owners are now. Possibly even worse than the Glazers but Klopp held it together.

crossy1686

career ending
Heres hoping they will regress back to signing players like Benteke and Andy Caroll. And having moments like Crystanbul and Redcard G. Oh and their fan phoning Talksport to moan about the manager.
Lukaku, Martial, Sancho and Antony will be available in the summer. Let's dream.

Conor

Claiming that you're going for the quadruple in January :lol:

TsuWave

Talking about “quad” whilst being in Europa sounds cheap.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I swear they almost win the quadruple every time you create this thread
Akchually I’ve done:

13/14 classic to my name (Slippy G)
14/15 Shite season for them (6th and no trophies)
18/19 is a blip with the UCL but ensured they missed out on the league by a point.
19/20 I went nuclear and unleashed COVID on them to ensure they never got to celebrate the league title.

I’m confident next season is going to be a terrible one.
:cool:

Let’s bring it home boys

No Idea For Nickname

So emotional. End of a stunning era.
Say's he's burned out.
Could we not offer him a 2 year sabbatical?
We bloody should, everyone would be happy with that
Seems that the spark began last season, which will obviously have taken a huge amount out of him:
...but of course last season was kind of a super-difficult season and there were moments when at other clubs probably the decision would have been, ‘Come on, thank you very much for everything but probably we should split here, or end it here.’ That didn’t happen here, obviously.

For me it was super, super, super-important that I can help to bring this team back onto the rails. It was all I was thinking about. When I realised pretty early that happened, it’s a really good team with massive potential and a super age group, super characters and all that, then I could start thinking about myself again and that was the outcome. It is not what I want to [do], it is just what I think is 100% right.
There is no one in world football as good as him. Going to be a bumpy ride going forward
Gutted! He's irreplaceable but all things must come to an end and time to build a new chapter in the clubs illustrious history - we move on like we always do and Klopp will go down as a club legend of course. Without the cheats he'd have a few more league titles to parade but such is life.
If the club has known since November I wonder if that includes the players?

Either way I imagine the club have been doing stuff in the background.

Klopp is just infectious though. He's just so genuine which is so rare. A great human

As long as we don't feck up as bad as we did when Kenny went...
No more Champions League games under Klopp :'(

I felt absolutely nothing when Torres left, same for Suarez, Gerrard etc. But this one hurts, because I know he'll never be back. Maybe once in a while just to pay visits.
Its OK, Gerrard is NOT getting the job
We fecking owe him the biggest fecking bus parade the city has ever seen at the end of May, with lots of shiny trophies on those buses.
Gutted

Best thing to happen to this club in my lifetime

I loved Ged, adored Rafa but Jurgen was something completely different…

He was made for this club…
The only candidates I can think of are Alonso and De Zerbi. I just feel like it might be a season too early for Alonso despite how well he is doing. I would hate to do a Chelsea-Potter on him.
Signing off with that interview asking not to make games about him has broken me. :'(

Can't believe it.

This is news every Red hoped they wouldn't hear for at least another 3 years. Jurgen has built a new team, he has a solid base for success and has unrivalled support from any fanbase.
I hope it's not because him or a family member is ill and that the video he released does reflect that he is just tired and fed up with the demands.
The man has given us everything, absolutely fecking everything.

But I have to say, every week, every fecking week I do wonder how much the Refs and their decisions impact on his own enjoyment of the game. I might be way off target here but it can't help. Those c*nts take their toll.

We need to enjoy this man for a few more months and pray FSG take control of the situation very early. Identify the very best candidate and ensure he is ready to plan for next season before this one ends.
I can think of 115 other reasons taking their toll on Klopp
Probably the end for me as well..

Must have broke him…

Back to the old days now.. hope we are looking at Xabi now.

The league is corrupt.
Wouldn't surprise me if he's leaving because of PGMOL - they clearly have got it in for him in every single game we play.

Like Rafa when he called them out as cheats, Klopp is getting the same treatment from them
I’m heartbroken and gutted.

I’m also AMAZED he doesn’t want one final season of Champion’s League nights at Anfield and to simply leave at the end of his contract. Seems a bizarre decision.
Right. We need to win the title so he gets to celebrate in front of the kop. That needs to be everyone's absolute focus. He needs a proper send off
Like everyone, complete shock at the timing. Thought at the very least, he'd want to have anther crack at the CL next season.

Just hope we can give him the triumphant send off (hopefully in Dublin) the man deserves.
Without Klopp City would be on the verge of their 7th consecutive league title, all the fecking gobshites who’ve been saying ‘anyone but Liverpool’ and city ‘saving football’ are quite likely to get a taste of what they were craving now when City piss the title year after year.
Think we'll be losing Salah to Saudi earlier than we'd like to as well following this news. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes in the summer now.

The more I think about the future, the bleaker it looks :'(
Street parties up and down the country. Pep will probably go at the end of 24/25. He'll be made up.
Pep will?

This is like Mardi Gras fot Arsenal and United
De Zerbi would be my pick
That would be as bad when Man United hired David Moyes, De Zerbi has won feck all he can't be managing Liverpool after Jurgen Klopp that would end up in a disaster.
I've a bad feeling this has something to do with the club being bought out by the Qatar cartel and Jurgen refusing to work under them. If that's the case im done supporting this club.
That's a hell of a leap.
They've a bag of cash and FSG where looking for the door a few months ago. Is it really?
Devastated love the guy. He is irreplaceable. Let's win the league for him. Also look at the way he's left the team. Rebuilt for the next guy. Didnt feck off and leave in the summer of 2023. Fergie left Man Utd when on the decline. Jurgen didn't do that to his beloved Liverpool
Let’s hope he goes out on a high, as he deserves too. The title will be a fitting closing act.
2024 is probably the last year of civilisation seeing as we are approaching the nuclear holocaust. So yeah its probably apt.
Is this how the rest of the country felt when the Queen died?
He'll be back in 3 years when we need a caretaker for 6 months when Stevie has won one game in 10 and we're in the relegation zone. Don't worry
I’ve convinced myself he’ll leave for a year, miss it, then come back.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

can we not do this.

I suspect he'd decided at the start of the season this would be his last year here, he's just become a grandad so personally things have changed for him and is likely wanting to tell us now so we can prepare. I'd imagine the players have known for a while.

Instead of speculating on the why, let's appreciate what he's given us and give him a hell of a send off
:lol: please stop with the speculation. It is disrespectful to his memory. Now let us commence with our 10 days of mourning.

No Idea For Nickname

So the Europa league final in Dublin if we make it will be his last ever match in charge. A European trophy after a league win would be a fitting end.
Well I'm still clinging on the hope that he changes his mind. It can happen, look at a certain manager of one of our rivals who suddenly called it a day in 2001. Changed his mind 6 months later, stayed for another 11 years and won 6 league titles.
It's going to be impossible for it not to have a negative impact on some or all of our players, no matter how professional they are. There'll still be some who will down tools until the end of the season. It's happened so many times before, we're not immune from it.
Apparently the players were only informed this morning (according to the Telegraph). feck.
Don't love that.
I did not want to read that.
Bugger. This is another aspect as well. Some players might want to leave and the new Manager might decide he doesn't want some of them.

Whoever comes in I really hope they don't do a Souness.

Please everyone, watch the interview. He had an epiphany in November and made the decision then. Knowing him like we do, it shouldn't be any surprise that once he feels he can't give 100%, then it's time to stop.
Did Tierney ref us in November?
The players only found out this morning.

Lets hope it invigorates them to win everything from now until the end.
Where is that from seen it mentioned a few times
Hope fans of every other club are ready for City to win 5/6/7 titles on the trot now. If it weren't for Jurgen they'd already be on 6 in a row.

Now everyone will see how boring this league can really become.
feck it, this isn't a funeral, it's a party and we need to give Jurgen the fecking send off he deserves in each amd every match we have left with him.
Whoever replaces him is going to be massively boring in comparison.
De Zerbi seems like fun to be honest

Actual quote from him - 'I hate 90% of the English referees'
Also, journalists are not going to live in fear at press conferences which is a shame.
I mean I love that he was elite, but I more loved that the LfC manager was just a radiantly great positive person whose main goal in life was to lift up those around him.
100% agree its his personality loyalty to the city. I can't be annoyed at him only wish him 100% the best in life. And feck if he doesn't like it the kop should sing his name blow the rafters off
4 months left to enjoy this colossus of the game.

Drink in every moment, good or bad, because we will have loved and lived every moment of it.

What a time to have been alive, what a time to have experienced. The time to say goodbye is not now, now is the time to finish with everything we can and party the feck out of the rest of the season!

ErikElevenHag

It's hardly terrible considering one team has cheated their way to success
Who said it was terrible. Have a re-read of my post and comprehend what it says. I'm laughing at a fan suggesting he's their best ever, when they have at least 2 managers with better records than him in similar, to smaller timescales.

I'd snatch your hand off for a manager who could deliver 1 PL and 1 CL in 9 years at the minute.

sugar_kane

Our season has been so shit I completely forgot that the scousers weren't even in the Champions League.

My first reaction is oh feck the prick's gonna ride the tidal wave of emotion to the quadruple now isn't he, that would be classic given how shit the past 10 years have been as a United fan.

Glad to be reminded that's not a possibility, bye bye Plopp.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Hopefully in true Liverpool fashion his big send off ends in a trophyless season and a 3-0 loss to Wolves infront of the Kop