RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - AMad year

diarm

'The United games look to have broken us"

Inject it into my veins. It's small and it's petty, but it's what we've got.

Strachan8

Interesting to compare Klopp and Xavi’s records, especially in Europe, since both announced that they were stepping down.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Great week of football so far.
Brilliant from Atalanta. Thoroughly deserved it. Only positive from watching that was that the ref wasn’t shite.

We absolutely fecked it. Shameful performance.
Klopp's last European night at Anfield, down in flames.
I really wish Jurgen hadn't announced he was leaving to be honest. The pressure seems too much for the players to give him a good send off
Can't help but feel that the wheels are coming off after some recent poor performances (including wins). Players look leggy, young players who have stepped up are showing their inexperience, key players losing form.

Feels like one of those loses that we've had coming.
Shitting it for palace now
On the manager that and it’s rare I say that over the last few years.

6 changes from a side that played very well a few days ago for a European quarter final wreaks of arrogance which is what we saw on the pitch.
Deservedly spanked and schooled by Atalanta. We are getting real complacent.

Jurgen does not deserve this.
That was fecking dreadful. Dreadful performance from the crowd and an abysmal performance from the team. Easy to single players out, but we all stunk. Atalanta played well and Anfield was as quiet as I have heard it for a long time. Szobo has played that pass loads of times, we seem to love a square ball across in the centre circle.

I'm all for a fecking fan protest but protesting over everything is just down right stupid. Done a lot for a club, but the fan groups have got this one horribly wrong.
A disgrace ...attitude of everyone stunk from the off..never got it sorted thats on Klopp and players but crowd where pathetic too....embarrassing
Players - shite, to a man. Every single one of them tonight.
Jurgen's team selection & tactics - shite.
Fans in the stadium - shite.

Deserved absolutely nothing from that whatsoever. A complete embarassment of a performance.

The season is going out with a whimper.
Well done to those protesting with no flags over a 2% ticket price increase.

Could very well be Jurgen's last European match at Anfield and that's the atmosphere? Holy shit.
Awful performance but not going to slag anyone off, we will improve in the 2nd leg. We can still do this.
We’re not beating them 4-0 over there ffs
We don't need to score 4 to be fair.
Utter shite that. We just didn’t turn up, no intensity and quite a lot of arrogance. Play like that on Sunday and it will be season over.
Palace will be dangerous.
Scared to go to sleep tonight. I feel a nightmare coming on.
Can’t help but feel for Jurgen. After all the amazing European nights we’ve had under this man this is what he most probably has as his final memory at Anfield. fecking sad.

LordSpud

I cannot for the life of me work out why Klopp announced he was leaving in the middle of the season. Win the trophies then sail off into the sunset. Instead they look like they are slightly imploding

Flying high

I cannot for the life of me work out why Klopp announced he was leaving in the middle of the season. Win the trophies then sail off into the sunset. Instead they look like they are slightly imploding
Ego. He thought he'd have a victory parade and knew the press would take every opportunity to big him up.

What a pity.

RedDevilQuebecois

It's a good reminder of why only Bayern Munich succeeded in such a situation with Jupp Heynckes. Even we failed when Fergie floated the idea of retirement during the 2001-02 season.

thisisnottaken1

It's a good reminder of why only Bayern Munich succeeded in such a situation with Jupp Heynckes. Even we failed when Fergie floated the idea of retirement during the 2001-02 season.
When he did ultimately retire, I think it was after we had already won the league, wasn’t it?

RedDevilQuebecois

When he did ultimately retire, I think it was after we had already won the league, wasn’t it?
No announcement by SAF before the title was secured 2 weeks earlier. It was after Matchday 36 (Chelsea) that the announcement was made, and we won the title back on Matchday 34 (Villa).

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He knows his team is aging and knows Liverpool fans are deluded and always romaticize things. So it was probably an attempt to encourage the fans and players to give their all.

Instead the old players legs are gone and no matter how much their hearts want it, their legs arent able to keep up. And the fans are protesting against ticket price increase during European night at Anfailed, forgetting about Klopp's last season. So I guess its fair to say its not looking good for him so far. Only thing that would top it all is if they end up winning feck all.

The Irish Connection

I'm watching their game on repeat and the size difference between Crouch and the two women is adding brilliant hilarity at half time!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The amount of hatred Liverpool has at United is way beyond what we have to them. There's also an aura of arrogance as well. I happen to have a number of Liverpool fans as facebook friends and prior to our game against them you would have thought that they were set to play Unifed FC rather then Manchester United. They were all talking on how they were going to trash us. I remember United when they were really really good (way better then Klopp's side) and I always thought that the game at Anfield was going to be tough

Oscar Bonavena

A good night, but I still wouldn't write off these cnuts. They've come back from 3 goal deficits before!

Delighted for West 'Am too!

Josh 76

Does Carragher have a brain? Conceding the trophy whilst playing the kids next week does not equal going all out for the league, but playing the full team and winning 0-4 would really send a message though.
That's why he never went into management. He's too emotional and thinks like a kid in the playground most of the time when it comes to football.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
A good night, but I still wouldn't write off these cnuts. They've come back from 3 goal deficits before!

Not that we were going to get it but these results reduce the chances of 5th getting UCL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

They have, but that was at Anfield. Against an exceptionally flimsy away from home Barcelona.

This is a nightmare set up for them as they'll have to field their best team with no guarantee it'll turn it round.

But yes I'm not 100% taking it as over yet. But it's almost there.