Ray Wilkins has left Chelsea

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Some heavies came around his folks home and threatened them until he signed a contract... Oh hang on, wrong bloke.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Ancelotti backs club over axing of Wilkins

Friday 12 November 2010

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti paid tribute to departed assistant Ray Wilkins on Friday, but said that he backed the club in their decision not to retain their former captain.

Chelsea revealed they would not be renewing Wilkins's contract on Thursday and that he would be leaving the club with immediate effect.

Ancelotti, whose side face Sunderland at home on Sunday, was careful with his words over the exit of Wilkins and said he had nothing but admiration for the 54-year-old. However, he tellingly said: "It was a difficult decision for everyone, but I have respect for this decision."

"I just want to say one thing," said Ancelotti. "Ray was a fantastic assistant coach and I want to say thanks to him because he was a fantastic support last season and this.

"He did a fantastic job. He helped me and the team win the double. So the first thing is to say a lot of thanks to him.

"He is my friend. I have a fantastic relationship with him, and I will have a fantastic relationship with him. The club made this decision.

"It was a difficult decision for everyone, but I have respect for this decision.

"I have trust in all the staff who are working with me, but we have to move on now."

Ancelotti also revealed that he will be without the services of Frank Lampard for another three weeks after the midfielder injured his abductor muscle in training.
Hmmm.

B Cantona

Desperate
This ones brewing, obviously something has happened, it's gotta come out at some point

My guess is that he's had a huge barney with one of the players, that's got out of hand to the point someone had to go, and its never going to be the bloke earning 100k doing the business each week

Drifter

American
Chelsea have appointed ex-Nigerian international Michael Emenalo as their new assistant first team coach following the departure of Ray Wilkins.

There have been a number of names linked with the job after Wilkins was surprisingly dismissed by the club last week.

But the club have decided to promote 45-year-old Emenalo from his position as head opposition scout to fill the post.
“Michael has been an important part of the first team management structure since his arrival”Chelsea statement

Emenalo, who played in the 1994 World Cup and won 14 caps in total for Nigeria, was brought to club by Avram Grant October 2007 and is highly thought of by owner Roman Abramovich.

A statement on Chelsea's website read: "Chelsea Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Emenalo to the position of Assistant First Team Coach. He moves up from his previous position of Head Opposition Scout.

"Michael has been an important part of the first team management structure since his arrival in October 2007, and his promotion to Assistant First Team Coach is recognition of his efforts to date.

"Michael will continue to oversee the first team scouting operation as he makes the transition to coaching. He will split the initial period between assisting First Team Coach Carlo Ancelotti and updating his coaching qualifications as he takes on this bigger and more influential role."
Related Content

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
There has been a decidedly odd air to this story from the start and this appointment strikes you in the same way. Not what you would expect from a club of their standing and ambition.

Jens' Face

An Arse
There has been a decidedly odd air to this story from the start and this appointment strikes you in the same way. Not what you would expect from a club of their standing and ambition.
why not? an internal hire often makes the most sense in the middle of a season, you know, a guy who already knows the process at the club

204Red

Perhaps Ray was better advised than our Wayne and actually got one of those "Super injunctions" to fend off the rumor mongers

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
There is a fear within Chelsea circles that we are revisiting the Avram Grant saga.

If there was ever a time in football where 'if it is not broken, don't fix it' was applicable this is that moment. To remove what I would argue to be an important component of a team trying to win the premiership for the sake of saving £350,000 is absolutely bizarre, I hope the murmourings that it is about the money are not true.

Jens' Face

An Arse
There is a fear within Chelsea circles that we are revisiting the Avram Grant saga.

If there was ever a time in football where 'if it is not broken, don't fix it' was applicable this is that moment. To remove what I would argue to be an important component of a team trying to win the premiership for the sake of saving £350,000 is absolutely bizarre, I hope the murmourings that it is about the money are not true.
Is that the dominant rumor going round now, that Wilkins was sacked because of salary demands? If so, I agree with you -- a strange set of priorities.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Ancelotti backs club over axing of Wilkins

"He is my friend. I have a fantastic relationship with him, and I will have a fantastic relationship with him. The club made this decision.

"It was a difficult decision for everyone, but I have respect for this decision.
Doesn't sound like backing at all.

"Respecting" a decision means you will comply with it. He is deliberately not stating that he agrees.

kietotheworld

No more than us appointing Phelan for me.

Tibs

Rumours that Ancellotti has resigned on my twitter

Brophs

The One and Only
It seems like he offered his resignation and that's been refused.

Saliph

Apparently Ancelotti offered to resign after Wilkins was sacked, but it was rejected.

wr8_utd

:'(
Chelsea have rejected reports ofcourse but lots of rumors yet on twitter.

wr8_utd

:'(
Apparently carlo said something that you can't really compare him to Fergie because Fergie is in total club of the club while carlo handles only the "technical side"

Brophs

The One and Only
There was a story floating about that Wilkins upset Abramovich by contradicting his dressing room speech to do more attacking in some game last season.
Yeah, that sounds like it might fit. Under that camp, mild-mannered exterior lies a bloke who's getting very impatient that he can't win the one thing he's been promising his lofty mates he would; winning the CL. More heads will roll as long as that remains the case.

I reckon he'll take Rijkaard if Carlo does feck off, with a view to getting Guardiola as and when he can.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Yeah, that sounds like it might fit. Under that camp, mild-mannered exterior lies a bloke who's getting very impatient that he can't win the one thing he's been promising his lofty mates he would; winning the CL. More heads will roll as long as that remains the case.

I reckon he'll take Rijkaard if Carlo does feck off, with a view to getting Guardiola as and when he can.
:lol: It's like watching Citeh in slow motion(aside from the actually winning something part). Citeh just throw money at everything and don't allow time for anyone to develop. Chelsea have given Carlo a year and are thinking about putting him out. It's ridiculous. Too bad they fired that Mourinho guy.