Television Reacher (Amazon Prime)

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Only the first 3 episodes, which is some bullshit. I was looking forward to a nice binge. Oh well, January.

Big Andy

Bloke
I was going to wait, but I relented. Just finished episode 1. It’s classic Reacher.

Oranges038

Normally don't bother watching series, it's the time and the commitment really. But I watched the films and decided to give this a go, was hooked after one and I only watched series 1 a month ago.

So I didn't have long to wait for this, now I'm pissed off there's only 3 episodes available.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Normally don't bother watching series, it's the time and the commitment really. But I watched the films and decided to give this a go, was hooked after one and I only watched series 1 a month ago.

So I didn't have long to wait for this, now I'm pissed off there's only 3 episodes available.
The films and the series are really different due to the actors picked.

I read all the books from when they started and Reacher is a giant of a guy and his fighting style is influenced by it… smart but a lot of brute force. He also has a certain type of character and mannerisms.. I imagined him as Clint Eastwood on steroids.

Was looking forward to the films then I heard they cast Tom Cruise who’s a foot too small.. the films are “ok” but bang average.

The series are better written but instantly better than the films (especially if you’ve read the books) because of casting… even Ritchson isn’t as big as the description in the books but he’s much closer and has the right character.

Oranges038

I read all the books from when they started and Reacher is a giant of a guy and his fighting style is influenced by it… smart but a lot of brute force. He also has a certain type of character and mannerisms.. I imagined him as Clint Eastwood on steroids.

Was looking forward to the films then I heard they cast Tom Cruise who’s a foot too small.. the films are “ok” but bang average.

The series are better written but instantly better than the films (especially if you’ve read the books) because of casting… even Ritchson isn’t as big as the description in the books but he’s much closer and has the right character.
I would say the series is better than the films.
Buy, I'm going backwards at this. Normally I prefer to read true crime and biographies, I had come across these in the library but never bothered to read them. I watched the films, now watching the series has made me want to read the books. I'm also afraid if and when I do it, I'll end up with Tom Cruise in my head all the time and it'll ruin the books and make me not want to read them.

I would say the series is better than the films.
Buy, I'm going backwards at this. Normally I prefer to read true crime and biographies, I had come across these in the library but never bothered to read them. I watched the films, now watching the series has made me want to read the books. I'm also afraid if and when I do it, I'll end up with Tom Cruise in my head all the time and it'll ruin the books and make me not want to read them.
Nah, the books are very good at giving your minds eye an image of him

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
No they dont. First season was dropped all at once.
They don't do it with everything but they do now tend to drop 2-3 episodes and then weekly, not just Amazon, the other big streamers are doing it and it's for a very simple reason, keeping subscription numbers up, they're essentially targeting users who sign up for a month, binge watch and then drop their subscription for a year and then repeat the process

Big Andy

Bloke

I'm hoping they do Persuader next, and he has to fight Paulie, who is taller and bigger than Reacher.

Roane

Hopefully, I'll have to get them up from the library someday.
They are available online free. I read them a while back and can I heck remember website. But they are there.

I had a a couple given me which peaked my interest. Then it was sort of look around for them, library etc. someone showed me where they were online and I read them that way in the end. Ease of accessibility.

I think season 1 and so far season 2 I've enjoyed more than the books tbh. I even enjoyed the Tom cruise films.

Oranges038

They are available online free. I read them a while back and can I heck remember website. But they are there.

I had a a couple given me which peaked my interest. Then it was sort of look around for them, library etc. someone showed me where they were online and I read them that way in the end. Ease of accessibility.

I think season 1 and so far season 2 I've enjoyed more than the books tbh. I even enjoyed the Tom cruise films.
They're available from the library for free here. I prefer to read physical books, trying to read off a screen, even a kindle does my head in.

Big Andy

Bloke

If anyone has a kindle I can probably download most of them and send to kindle via email

This?

https://freereadonline.com/series/3361/jack_reacher

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Well, over for another year. Me sad. It’s simple stuff, but I enjoy it. Season two was good. Liked the finale. There was a rare poignancy to the end of the finale, and I loved the use of Lynard Skynard.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I didnt enjoy season 2 as much as the 1st season. I think there were just too many characters as key players in the story. The first season was simpler and more engaging for me.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, S1 was better I felt, but nonetheless one of my favorite current shows. Sad that we have to wait another year probably for season 3 (I read it was already renewed?).

cyberman

I’m a fan of the books and this show represent those quite well..it’s just nonsense, trash dad books.
Yeah, S1 was better I felt, but nonetheless one of my favorite current shows. Sad that we have to wait another year probably for season 3 (I read it was already renewed?).
They’re already filming season 3 so shouldn’t be that long, either Reacher doesn’t want to cycle for a while again or they’re cramming it all in due to his busy calendar

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’m a fan of the books and this show represent those quite well..it’s just nonsense, trash dad books.
They’re already filming season 3 so shouldn’t be that long, either Reacher doesn’t want to cycle for a while again or they’re cramming it all in due to his busy calendar
Strong rumours he’s one of the choices to play the rebooted DCU’s Batman.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hey, take that back, that’s all natural baby! :drool:

:wenger:

Great news. Not sure if it was the writers striker perhaps or what, but it felt a good while between the first 2 seasons.

Conor

This season was genuinely one of the worst things I've ever watched.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I was enjoying it up until the stuff with reacher on the helicopter. That was too far even for this.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
As a fan of the books I enjoyed the 1st two seasons but excited that the rest of the 110th don't really feature in any other book. They need to pick a good solo Reacher book for season 3.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It was alright. Same kind of popcorn entertainment as the couple of books I read. I think he's fine as Reacher but this kind of genre has way too much farfetched stuff to take it seriously in any way.

Absolutely fine to plough through though. I agree with the others though I preferred the first series.