Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
All this build-up and fantasy about a 'special Liverpool night' is going to get crushed by Real.

Judas

Open to offers
Obviously it's the last thing I want but I think Liverpool are going to win this, they've got the momentum behind them and more will to win. :(
I don't really get this. I don't see why people think Real have less will to win? Yet I keep seeing this opinion. They'll be desperate to make history, especially Ronaldo. It could be a very long time till a team is in this position again, to win three in a row has seemed like an impossible task in modern times, and they're 90 minutes away from doing it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I don't really get this. I don't see why people think Real have less will to win? Yet I keep seeing this opinion. They'll be desperate to make history, especially Ronaldo. It could be a very long time till a team is in this position again, to win three in a row has seemed like an impossible task in modern times, and they're 90 minutes away from doing it.
Half of it is people trying to jinx it, the other half is people with no bottle and so are bricking Liverpool winning the CL.

sugar_kane

The sheer hubris in that last interview with Klopp is something else. You’d think they’d already won the thing, destroying every team they played.

Their sense of entitlement/destiny and belief in their own hype could be what undoes them tonight.

I hope they get fecking battered.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Read that he was sticking to it yesterday, me thinking that’ll be bad for Liverpool.
Read today that he’s breaking it.

Bit daft for a professional athlete to be bothering with something like that.
It's his religion. I think you will find it's more important to him than football.

So the final isn't being broadcast on free tv in the UK?

The only find information that I can find says I can view it for free on the BT Sport website?
I think it is available for free on YouTube. BT Sport are the only channel showing the final.
BT Sport are showing it for free but I think it might only be online through their player.

Bocca9978

It's his religion. I think you will find it's more important to him than football.
Like I say, bit daft. I don’t get religion or the point of it.
I tend not to get into that debate, each to their own. I’m sure Liverpool fans wouldn’t be happy if he gets subbed off after 60 mins with fatigue.

And sounds like he’s broken it, not so important then.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This reminds me of the 2011 CL final. United did well in that season but on paper Barca side was much better. People thought We could catch Barca on the break but Barca ended up controlling most of the match and We lost 3-1. The difference in quality was clear. Fergie did well to get into the final and despite having an in-form Rooney, Vidic&Rio and Valencia (best defense and RW in europe at that time), the rest of the players weren't good enough to match Barca's.

I can see similar thing happens in this match. I know Madrid doesn't play like Barca but I don't believe if Liverpool's midfield and defense are good enough to cope against Madrid's midfield and attack. Too much gap in quality and experience.

AgentP

My heart won't survive a close match like some people want with a last minute winner from Madrid! I want to see a complete dominant performance like their final against Juve.

izec

Have a bad feeling about this, Real havent impressed me. They look like a team that could completely combust, see Juve at home.

Ban

This reminds me of the 2011 CL final. United did well in that season but on paper Barca side was much better. People thought We could catch Barca on the break but Barca ended up controlling most of the match and We lost 3-1. The difference in quality was clear. Fergie did well to get into the final and despite having an in-form Rooney, Vidic&Rio and Valencia (best defense and RW in europe at that time), the rest of the players weren't good enough to match Barca's.

I can see similar thing happens in this match. I know Madrid doesn't play like Barca but I don't trust their midfield and defense are good enough to cope against Madrid's. Too much gap in quality and experience.
What worries me Madrid's defense doesn't look convincing at all. Bread and butter for Salah.

Bestietom

It would not surprise me if Liverpool won this. I'm not looking at the game, but I am hoping that Ronaldo turns it on and scores a hat trick.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Like I say, bit daft. I don’t get religion or the point of it.
I tend not to get into that debate, each to their own. I’m sure Liverpool fans wouldn’t be happy if he gets subbed off after 60 mins with fatigue.

And sounds like he’s broken it, not so important then.
Many players who actually do it, say they feel invigorated by it. The biggest issue is usually the risk of dehydration and some players ask their religious leaders for dispensation from some/all of the hours or to allow liquids, and to make up for the missed fast in other ways, but the view on whether that's an acceptable option varies. It's then a matter for the individual and his beliefs.

Cloud7

Hope Ronaldo scores a hat trick then rips off his jersey, showing an under jersey with an image of fergie laughing.

sugar_kane

All this build-up and fantasy about a 'special Liverpool night' is going to get crushed by Real.
The last time there was this “victory procession” feel to a Liverpool season as though everything was just a matter of course and all they had to do was turn up they ballsed it up and threw away the league.

Here’s hoping for more of the same tonight and for Klopp to have a mental breakdown afterwards.

Bocca9978

Many players who actually do it, say they feel invigorated by it. The biggest issue is usually the risk of dehydration and some players ask their religious leaders for dispensation from some/all of the hours or to allow liquids, and to make up for the missed fast in other ways, but the view on whether that's an acceptable option varies. It's then a matter for the individual and his beliefs.
You’d definitely have to be dedicated to it.

Ban

They're so up for it. Which is natural.
And that's why it would be so sweet if they lose tonight.
I just have this nagging feeling it's meant to be for them this year.

AngliaRed

Lets just hope and pray we see all the scousers crying into their watered down lager tonight because a Liverpool win would be a fecking disaster for us.

Prodigy24

I put a £20 bet on Liverpool winning just so that I can get some money to ease my pain if the disaster happens. Hope with all my heart that Madrid win.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've got a tenner on a draw after 90 mins. Think extra time is a possibility tonight.

Good odds on Villa to win as well.

lewwoo

I know it is small time but I dont care. Liverpool losing this will go some way to ending a pretty average season on a high for me.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Come on Real, do what we know you can do. Everyone is treating this Liverpool team like the best team on the planet and forgetting who Real have beaten to get to the final.

I am also amazed at the amount of United fans that have voted for a Liverpool win the poll. Looking at you @fishfingers15

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I put a £20 bet on Liverpool winning just so that I can get some money to ease my pain if the disaster happens. Hope with all my heart that Madrid win.
Love this, Ive copied your idea.

IRELANDUNITED

Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. Yeah, it's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Why would you put a bet on it instead of spending that £20 on something you want to easy the pain?
If Liverpool lose then that’s great, if Liverpool win then that’s shit but at least I made a few quid from it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If Liverpool lose then that’s great, if Liverpool win then that’s shit but at least I made a few quid from it.
What odds did you get? I should imagine it is literally a "few quid" to be made with a 20 quid bet. About 6 quid? Hardly worth it. :lol:

DRM

I won't be watching this, one because I hate Liverpool and second can you just imagine all the pundits, commentators etc frothing and wanking themselves silly over how great Liverpool have been, and this would be before the game has kicked off! One can only imagine the hysteria should Liverpool win. Shudder.

Anyway, C'MON Madrid don't let us down!!!

binary bot
Can anyone say the probable Madrid lineup? Looking to put a few quid on players to get booked.

Judas

Open to offers
Easy way to avoid the pre-match wank fest is to....not watch it. I just watch the match these days, can't be bothered with pre-match, halftime and post-match idiocy. Don't know why people put themselves through it when its so easily avoided.

Wayne's World

I put 100 euro on Liverpool to win the Champions League today, I haven't won a bet in three weeks and on a horrible losing run

Your welcome lads...:smirk::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.