Real Madrid's Ronaldo replacement

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So who do you thin they'll sign?

Poll on twitter with around 5000 votes has Mbappe in the lead as the player fans would most like at 42%. Hazard and Neymar on 24% and 22% respectively then finally Kane on 12%. From those I can only see Hazard being attainable.

Silas

Hazard. Don't think any amount of money would convince PSG to sell their attackers.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Think they'll try for Mbappe and Neymar, if that fail they'll sign Hazard and likely get Courtois in 2019 when his contract goes out.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
No single player will be able to perform at the same level that he did for most of his 9 years there. They may need two.

Hazard is possibly the most attainable. Don't see how Mbappe could be signed in the same window that the transfer to PSG is made permanent.

Kapardin

Hazard - 70% chance considering he wants the move if offered to him.

Mbappe - very difficult but not impossible considering his strained relationship with Neymar.

Mane - Did say he wouldn't mind moving. Could be seen as a back-up option.

No profanity

Obertan, Valencia and Owen...

I think they'll go all out for Hazard. Not convinced they will get him or any of the players mentioned. Not unless they break the current record.

Javi

Hazard is possibly the most attainable. Don't see how Mbappe could be signed in the same window that the transfer to PSG is made permanent.
That's easily possible. I think that the only thing you can't do is register three times during one season. Even if he could only transfer permanently once they could work aroung it by making it a loan with automatic buy option.

Imo Madrid is going to sign at least one of the following five (in the order of their preference): Neymar, Mbappé, Hazard, Kane, Salah.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Couldn't care less who they sign - I care who we sign.

Javi

Mane - Did say he wouldn't mind moving. Could be seen as a back-up option.
No chance that Mané is the Ronaldo replacement. The renomée is just not there with him. That's not to say they don't want to sign him.

Rake

They will invest the money straight into Hazard, imo. It is the same situation as when Cristiano left United... You can't replace him. No point in looking for a direct replacement. They must change their play style to accommodate another player. Unless they sign Messi, no player in the world can do what Cristiano did for the past years.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Neymar makes sense to me but Hazard would be an easier buy.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It will be Neymar. This is the moment he's been waiting for.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Hazard seems like the most straightforward option, they'd probably get a striker too.

The problem is that Perez is crazy for Neymar, I don't see them getting Hazard only to get Neymar one summer after that.

I guess Neymar will try to force the transfer, it's his move now.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Hazard seems the obvious answer with his contract situation and performing well in the Cup. I don't its possible for them to get Mbappe or Neymar off PSG though.

seegoblu

I find it particularly satisfying to think that Real Madrid will be unsuccessful in trying to get other teams to sell them the galacticos they desire (i.e., Mbappe, Neymar and Kane). Hazard is not a consolation prize by any means, but he lacks the star power of their first choices.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Couldn't care less who they sign - I care who we sign.
Good thread to let us know.

It will be Hazard imo. Been flirting with them for some time now, unknown situation manager-wise at Chelsea, unclear future in regards to Roman, probably forgot something.

Javi

They will invest the money straight into Hazard, imo. It is the same situation as when Cristiano left United... You can't replace him. No point in looking for a direct replacement. They must change their play style to accommodate another player. Unless they sign Messi, no player in the world can do what Cristiano did for the past years.
Messi would require a change of system too, since he is a totally different type of player than Ronaldo. Madrid seem pretty flexible and could accomodate everyone of the five targets I outlined above easily either in a front 3 or a front 2.

Flytan

I dunno if I'm happy that they won't be taking anyone off of us or disappointed that we don't have anyone good enough...

Kapardin

No chance that Mané is the Ronaldo replacement. The renomée is just not there with him. That's not to say they don't want to sign him.
If they sign Mane, it will be along with another player. As it is, I think they will sign more than one unless they can get Mbappe, who is marquee enough to be a solo signing -- even Hazard won't thrill Madrid fans that much.

Patrick08

I think it's going to be between Neymar or Hazard. Mbappe is too young to fill in Ronaldo's shoes. He won't be able to take that pressure so early in his career.

Rake

Messi would require a change of system too, since he is a totally different type of player than Ronaldo. Madrid seem pretty flexible and could accomodate everyone of the five targets I outlined above easily either in a front 3 or a front 2.
Yes, he would. That being said, he is the only player in the world that can be bring to RM the level of talent that Ronaldo brought.

They can accommodate any of the 5 targets but I doubt they can get Neymar or Mbappe, unless PSG wants to sell.Even then, one of them will cost 200+ mil. Kane is not Galactico enough. Salah only has 1 season at the insane level he showed last season. The player that seems to tick all the boxes is Hazard.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Hazard makes sense. I think he might want the move as well.

Andersons Dietician

Hazard most likely, although maybe the slightest chance of Neymar. That’s only if there are any get out clauses or he kicks up a fuss.

Javi

If Madrid goes for Neymar and Neymar is open to the move it'll be very interesting to see how PSG handle it. Historically the only comparable situation probably is the Madrid-Verratti flirt a few years ago where PSG prevailed easily. But Neymar is a totally different story for PSG regarding the amout of skin they have in the game given he is a 400m € investment (fee + wages). The balance of power is a lot more on Neymars side than it was for Verratti (12m € fee. Pocket money.) if he declares to strike so it doesn't seem a legit precedence.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Hazard is excellent but I don't see him as a "replacement" for Ronaldo. They'd need to sign Hazard + a goalscorer too like Kane or Icardi.

Javi

They can accommodate any of the 5 targets but I doubt they can get Neymar or Mbappe, unless PSG wants to sell.Even then, one of them will cost 200+ mil. Kane is not Galactico enough. Salah only has 1 season at the insane level he showed last season. The player that seems to tick all the boxes is Hazard.
The money won't be a problem, they could probably spend up to 500m € atm. Disagree regarding soon-to-be WC topscorer Kane and with Salah it's the hype that puts him on the list. But he isn't placed last amongst them by chance.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
they haven't a hope in hell of getting Kane this summer, he just signed a new contract. Someone like Icardi is far more realistic.