Realistic buyers...

Mainoldo

Just a good business man who doesn’t care about United DNA. But cares about making the club the best with good ethics.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Norwegian Pension Fund

But in reality, a consortium of owners is my choice of prefernce. Avoiding a greater risk of something like this happening again.

moxdevil

Jim Ratcliffe would be the obvious single buyer unless we were willing to go down the Saudi/Chinese route and everything that could entail.

Suv666

True. The whole group should sell Salford and put together a move for Manchester United (with some additional investors)
I doubt punditry pays enough to buy one of the most expensive clubs in world football.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just a good business man who doesn’t care about United DNA. But cares about making the club the best with good ethics.
Yeah that’s what we want - somebody who doesn’t give a feck about where the club’s come from. Moronic.

Dante

Average bang
CO92 + Tyson Fury + Connor McGregor + Usain Bolt + Steve Coogan + funding from some bank

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Vodafone would be my shout;

1) They're, like, a red colour.
2) The used to be a sponsor.
3) They have a market cap of £38bn, so they could feasibly afford us.
4) They're a telecoms media company and would probably just use United for advertising similar to German club owners.

Roboc7

The price would need to drop fro anyone to be interested, talk of the Saudi’s is nonsense and makes little sense for anyone to buy us for an extortionate price.

Also have to factor in we’ll need to finance a huge stadium redevelopment or even a new stadium. Glazers will be here for a little while yet, can expect even more cost cutting now though.

Flying high

If they put their premuim shares up for sale, then we don't actually need a new buyer as such.

Then it would be a case of electing a new board.

I think.

DickDastardly

Putin!

Fits like a glove.
He loves the red colour, loves tridents...

I'd love to see him ride on a lion into Old Trafford.

Probably has the money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
There are tons of people that can buy the club. What will be most important is the motive. Some might be interested because they think they can increase the club's value, some to white wash their image, some for political reasons and some for sentiment. Each has it's own pitfalls. Or the Glazers could simply list all their shares and forget a private placement.

Giggs86

Elon Musk.

The club will be renamed Moonchester United.

Half of the shares will be exchanged to Dogecoin.

Come on Elon.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Realistically speaking? The Saudi's I guess, though I have no idea what a fit-and-proper test means in practice.
I fecking hope not. /the Glazers ain't shit but I don't want MBS anywhere near our club.

I would really dislike our fans who if after having valid reasons for disliking Glazers, then decided to embrace our club being bought by even worst people. Would mean they only wanted to be proved right in their Glazer hate but not apply the same treatment for people who are known to be so much worst.

If we're getting a new owner it better be someone we can all at least stomach.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
N
Putin!

Fits like a glove.
He loves the red colour, loves tridents...

I'd love to see him ride on a lion into Old Trafford.

Probably has the money.
Not to mention we already have a sponsorship connection with Aeroflot and we have an increasingly aging stadium Russian style so he ll feel right at home. Even have ditches around the pitch to dump snitches.

crossy1686

career ending
American's are out now there's no franchise opportunity.
Chinese or Middle Eastern?

Biggest concern is that no one is going to buy us because they really want to win a CL. They will think they can get a good return on their investment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There are tons of people that can buy the club. What will be most important is the motive. Some might be interested because they think they can increase the club's value, some to white wash their image, some for political reasons and some for sentiment. Each has it's own pitfalls. Or the Glazers could simply list all their shares and forget a private placement.
Not really.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jim Ratcliffe would be the obvious single buyer unless we were willing to go down the Saudi/Chinese route and everything that could entail.
He's already said the rumoured prices are ridiculous.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Bezos is the obvious one, Beckham, Jay Z and Dre as a consortium? :D

Imagine that first press conference. :lol:
“In terms of your views on the transfer window Connor, what direction are you going to support the club? Continue the youth-way, or sign elite stars like Haaland?”

“Who the feck is that goy?”

DickDastardly

N

Not to mention we already have a sponsorship connection with Aeroflot and we have an increasingly aging stadium Russian style so he ll feel right at home. Even have ditches around the pitch to dump snitches.
Told you. Fits like a glove.

Vladimir Putin's red army!!!! Has a familiar ring to it no?

Xeno

Obviously this is a piss take. But I wonder what he'd be worth.
Seeing as the Glazers only invested ~£200m of their own cash and it was worth ~£800m, the same leverage means just shy of £1b. Not sure Notorious made *that* much!

Gasolin

Seeing as the Glazers only invested ~£200m of their own cash and it was worth ~£800m, the same leverage means just shy of £1b. Not sure Notorious made *that* much!
The first legislation we need to pass is to forbid LBO for every single transaction now when it comes to FC. Also, every single LBO passed needs to be passed back to the originator of the LBO so if because of the Glazers we have 600m GBP debt, let them take this bloody debt and deduct it from the sales price automatically to cover for it. No exception, taken at the source. Get the club debt free as it used to be, thank you sir.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's an incredibly profitable business - it really doesn't need billionaire owners. The problem is that shareholders will want dividends whoever they are - unless they are sportswashing dictators or media moguls with a gameplan.

L1nk

Jim Ratcliffe is the obvious choice, at least from a realistic and moral perspective, and he had a vested interest before, he's a United fan. Though he's said the Glazers have lost the plot and it's not a great investment opportunity, I wonder if this could change things...