Realistic swap deals for Pogba?

Devil may care

My god, wouldn't want any of those players, best off just selling him to psg, they aren't short on money,
Valverde and Bentancur are both good box to box CM's for our double pivot, fans are going to want some flash player but that's not what we need, we've got good attacking players, we need to upgrade the CB and double pivot options, Valverde and Bentancur bring Fred and McTominay levels of workrate but are better on the ball.

Nori-

Marco Verratti?

Similar age and plays for a club Pogba would likely want to move to. Also plays in a similar position so would be a like for like.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just take the money, 70m pounds will be a no brainer and I’ll still be happy around 60m pounds. They have money in store, they are just saving them. Let’s just hope some of these desperate clubs like Real & Barcelona are willing to spend. Juve owner & also Marchisio like him too (they made statement months ago) and it seems some of the juve fans have some hope that he might be able to regain his form again like Morata.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Only Real, Juve and PSG are the options.
And with that Odegaard, Kroos, Hazard, Isco from Real? Last three not at the peak
Of their powers but neither is Pogba.
Dybala from Juve, although we already know he’s not so keen. De Ligt?
PSG have feck all to offer..Wouldn’t take anyone from them that isn’t Neymar or Mbappe.
I’d take Kimpembe and that freak youth CB they have and call it a day.

MattofManchester

Is Ronaldo even interested in getting back here?

1. Won everything in England.
2. Our team is not that strong to win CL... let alone the PL yet.
3. Our club is not really motivated to be the best top team #1.. let alone best top 5 teams.

I think his main motivations is CL, so he can have greater proof to win another BD'R, while constant league sweeping winning will also solidify that. Not surprising he chose Juve in the first place, other than the fact they can and are willing to splash high wages. Doubt Bayern is willing. Ronaldo is too ambitious to even consider us.
I personally don't think Ronaldo's connection to Manchester United is as deep as people want it to be.
I think he has a huge personal connection with Alex Ferguson, but less so with the club.

Honestly, I don't think he'd have any interest at all in coming here.

SinNombre

I'd swap for Varane. Real wouldn't though.

I'd probably swap him for Ronaldo too. Ronnie will need to come down on Pogba wages though.
Varane has been an unmitigated disaster without Ramos. I think Perez would consider that swap. Pogba is the bigger name.

SinNombre

You guys really think this will be the end of our dealings with Raiola? :lol:
If Ole is still the manager, yes.

Fergie had enough of the pizzaman back in 2011. Ole is following the Fergie template (less successfully, sure)

OverratedOpinion

Any decent bench player and we will be in the same position. If we can con someone into giving us a top class midfielder or the money to buy one then that would be amazing.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I personally don't think Ronaldo's connection to Manchester United is as deep as people want it to be.
I think he has a huge personal connection with Alex Ferguson, but less so with the club.

Honestly, I don't think he'd have any interest at all in coming here.
Idk I could see him wanting to come for a one or two season swan song, the problem is there’s 0 chance he’s moving his family back to Manchester. So not happening.

SinNombre

Just take the money, 70m pounds will be a no brainer and I’ll still be happy around 60m pounds. They have money in store, they are just saving them. Let’s just hope some of these desperate clubs like Real & Barcelona are willing to spend. Juve owner & also Marchisio like him too (they made statement months ago) and it seems some of the juve fans have some hope that he might be able to regain his form again like Morata.
RM and Barca have no money.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
There are more posts in this thread than there are swaps involving high caliber players.

nme_pro

Fresh from newbieville
Bentancur. Do the honours Edward.
I can't believe it took this long for me to realise that Ed Woodward's full name is Edward Woodward.

No wonder he's a transfer muppet, he has three woulds in his name.

DarkRed

Maybe Rodrygo or Marco Asensio they are under performing same as Pogba, maybe add some youth player too it.
Rodrygo is a Utd fan and will be happy to come for sure if he can get the visa this time around.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Varane has been an unmitigated disaster without Ramos. I think Perez would consider that swap. Pogba is the bigger name.
But at 27 you'd think there's still a player there.

Scholsey2004

Juventus are interested but I'm not sure there's any swap deal we'd actually want that the club and the player would agree to. I'd swap Pogba for Odegaard but Real won't agree to that imo. Barcelona seem the most obvious candidate for swap deals right now because of their financial situation. Pogba for Dembele would probably work for everyone, presuming Barca actually need him, which is very debatable.

DutchRed7

Straight swap Marquinhos for Pogba and we come out a winner. Will be the CDM we really need

BFernandes

Valverde or Bentacur. The only issue with swap deals for players of such high quality is the real willingness of the player to come. Can easily see a swap deal going pear shaped and the player we bring in doing a Di Maria.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Well, we'd need some cover for Matic. Casemiro would be superb but he won't come. From Juve I see nobody to take. Their midfield is packed but nothing special there. If PSG then Pogba+Martial vs Mbappe would be cool but yeah, not gonna happen. Maybe Cavani can recommend someone? ;)

I think 60+ mil would be good deal or 80 in installments over years. From Barcelona De Jong + VDB seems cool, but yeah, not gonna happen. Although their board has done numerous stupid decisions and cannot rule out another one.

Knowing Ed then he'd like Umtiti with philjonesy vibe in his knees. Cash would be the safest option, considering how our last swap deal worked out.

Maybe Conte fancies him? Hakimi + Brozovic for Pogba seems reasonable, giving us a chance to play 352 with Shaw-AWB on LCB/RCB and Telles-Hakimi bombing down their flanks. But knowing Ed he wants Vidal and Naingollan.

DarkXaero

I think PSG is the perfect match if Mbappe wants to leave PSG and is willing to come here. Pogba + 100 mill for Mbappe makes sense for all parties in that case. Obviously, it's a far fetched dream but that would be my ideal scenario here.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think Juve is the only option, so De ligt and a bit of cash would be good. Not seen enough of bentancur recently to say he'd be an upgrade.

cptkeane1993

Dybala.

Not my favourite but one that would make sense given both their current contracts end in June 2022, both are not mainstays in their respective clubs' starting XI and both clubs wouldn't want to lose the full value of the asset, so a swap might work out best.
As for Dybala the footballer, he would give us options in attack, coming in from the right or through the middle and now that we have Cavani, Bruno etc, i.e. more big names that speak his lingo compared to when we last spoke to him (2019 summer), he might just make sense.

rotherham_red

If Juve: Bentancur, Chiesa

If Madrid: Valverde, maybe Vinicius?

If PSG: Bernat (provided he recovers from his injury), Gueye

NoPace

I'm sure Aston Villa would take him, straight swap with Grealish

Seriously though Pogba would only probably want a move to either Juve or Real and there's no one at either I would want (that would want to come here anyway)
That seems silly! I can think of lots of players we might want from them and only one needs to say yes. Looking at playing time and position and such, I'd rank them like this for Juve, Real, PSG, Barcelona, Inter Milan and I'll add Atletico Madrid (now that they've paid 120 for Joao Felix and Simeone does love playing a CM out wide) who seem like the teams that would be interested and could afford him.

Juve -

1. Bentancur, I really like and think he could develop into a lovely double pivot starter with Fred. Probably only a small fee coming back to us.

2. Weston McKennie, presumably an American kid is down to play in the Prem and he's got a lot of potential and is a hard worker and versatile who would give us legs in the midfield. Middle sized fee coming to us.

3. Ramsey with a very big fee coming to us would give us a decent backup for Bruno and let Van Der Beek battle with Fred for the spot next to the DM we need to buy who would be backed up by McTominay

4. Rabiot is doing okay for them and despite his issues, at 25 with his size and quality he makes sense as a partner for Fred or Van De Beek in a double pivot. Medium sized fee.

Real -
1. Valverde - Similar to Pogba, would functionally be our backup to Bruno but we'd play 4-3-3 more with him and Van De Beek together ahead of a lone #6. Bags of potential. No fee or even we throw in to be honest. They probably don't do this, but Pogba is so similar to him and it's such a mess there that it's not impossible.

2. Odegaard - Best possible backup to Bruno around and also he'd replace Mata as our creative right wing option (with Diallo presumably the winger type competing with him). We could add money here and I'd be fine with it. Again, Pogba going there raises this from unlikely to plausible since adding Pogba means another midfielder who doesn't sit to Madrid.

3. Varane - We pay a fee, but he's struggled a bit and is in his prime and a great player, if we could get him, how many CBs are there out there you'd rather have?

4. Kubo - Struggling to get in the team at Villarreal so we'd send him on loan somewhere for 18 months ideally, but he has a goal and 3 assists in 5 European games and he's an obviously talented 19 year old who could become a star or at least sold for a nice fee. We'd get a decent sized fee here obviously.

PSG -
1. Danilo Pereira - He's 29 so we'd need a huge fee here too, but he is a pretty damn good#6 and might be unhappy there with having been asked to play CB despite his wishes.

2. Kimpembe - Probably not available, but a 25 year old left-footed defender in the French team that's a bingo

3. Mbappe - Obviously unrealistic, but stranger things have happened than Pogba + 150M for Mbappe to United

Barcelona
1. Dembele - We do have Diallo coming, but Rashford-Greenwood-Dembele as a front 3 would be exciting, with Cavani, Diallo and Martial getting tons of games too. Small fee or no fee.

2. Griezmann - I mean it's not not an awkward fit with Bruno also a 10 and he's 29, but he is left-footed and Diallo might not be ready, so we could play a 4-2-2-2 basically with Bruno and Griezmann as attacking mids behind Rashford and one of Martial or Greenwood or Cavani (for this year and maybe next) or even Griezmann himself up top with Rashford. We'd want a fee here in my opinion because of the age gap, so this is really unlikely unless he's desperate to move to us, which I wouldn't rule out it's not going well there overall for him and he did say he feels demonized there.

Inter Milan -
1. Skriniar - No fee or small one either way, he almost moved and is sort of a Varane but bit less fancy option to partner Maguire.

2. Hakimi - He just moved there sure, but he'd be a big upgrade over Wan-Bissaka going forward and we could platoon them based on matchup and when we play 3-5-2 with say Shaw-Lindelof-Maguire as the back 3 we'd have

3. Eriksen - Needs a move. We get a big fee here, Conte gets another Prem player who did link well with Lukaku at times and a good fit for his 3-5-2. Backup to Bruno means he probably says no, and is on too high wages for that role, so I don't think this makes sense really, but a midfield of Bruno backed up by Eriksen at the 10, Fred and Van De Beek competing at the 8 and a fancy new DM who can pass and McTominay at the 6 looks right.

Atletico -
1. Koke or Saul - Seems unlikely but Saul has long been rumoured to move and he is a quality player who might be at the age where becoming a full time #6 makes sense. No fee probably.

2. Thomas Lemar - We'd need a huge fee here and the need for him is lower since we have Telles now to play LWB when we go 3-5-2 (Lemar's best period was in a 4-4-2 at Monaco defending on the left and hitting crosses and passes which is similar to wingback and why people like me wanted Dwight McNeil signed as a backup LWB and backup RW), but he does have talent and age on his side and we could use a RW option to battle with Diallo.