Realistic swap deals for Pogba?

MalcolmTucker

Read an article (probably bullshit) that we want to swap Pogba for Ronaldo.

I'd certainly take that

Lee565

Could barca player swap be an option? surely both Barca and pogba would gain from the move, what about trying a swap with de Jong or griezmann if they continue to not fit in at Barca?

also there is atletico who have the likes of saul, oblak who is probably the best gk in the world right now or their defender gimenez?

Scholsey2004

Could barca player swap be an option? surely both Barca and pogba would gain from the move, what about trying a swap with de Jong or griezmann if they continue to not fit in at Barca?

also there is atletico who have the likes of saul, oblak who is probably the best gk in the world right now or their defender gimenez?
They wouldn't swap De Jong and I doubt we'd still want Griezmann.
I think Athletico have quite a low wage structure compared to us and, of course, Pogba's on big wages. Probably too big for them.

Lee565

They wouldn't swap De Jong and I doubt we'd still want Griezmann.
I think Athletico have quite a low wage structure compared to us and, of course, Pogba's on big wages. Probably too big for them.
Atletico aren't afraid these days to spend big on players, look at felix, lemar, morata of all bloody players and I doubt they are paying saurez a modest wage either.

Scholsey2004

Atletico aren't afraid these days to spend big on players, look at felix, lemar, morata of all bloody players and I doubt they are paying saurez a modest wage either.
Yeah, youre right now having looked at their current wages set up. They always used to be careful spenders and a bit of a selling club but they've obviously changed tac.

Brad2020

I'm not so sure that United can get a decent swap deal for Pogba at this point...the options aren't looking good. The best option would be...

De Ligt (United would then have the perfect center back pairing....but I'm not sure if Raiola will send another player to United...or that De Ligt will want to come) (Who wants to join a team that can't consistently make the top four)

Federico Valverde from Real Madrid was talked about for a while, but than Woodward went out and signed Van Der Beek, so he no longer fits into the plans.

The other options sound pretty brutal, a 35 year old Ronaldo, a struggling and aging Dybala, and a couple of small fry from Paris St Germain...

United may have to eat their losses on this one, take some cash and lesser players.

Reactions: Sultan

spiriticon

Dybala is the swap with the most comparable value but I don't think he wants to come here and I don't want another 50% player in the team

De Ligt..maybe.

future2future

Dybala is the swap with the most comparable value but I don't think he wants to come here and I don't want another 50% player in the team

De Ligt..maybe.
De ligt is set to be Juve's captain, probably sooner than we all think. He made a well consider choice with Juve, not going to leave them and they don't want to lose them. If anything they're going for the Dybala swap, which would not benefit us per se right now

dal

When’s the last time a swap happened. It will be cash and not a great deal of cash.

Danillaco

People see De Ligt as the perfect partner to Maguire, to be traded for Pogba?

tomaldinho1

I'm not so sure that United can get a decent swap deal for Pogba at this point...the options aren't looking good. The best option would be...

De Ligt (United would then have the perfect center back pairing....but I'm not sure if Raiola will send another player to United...or that De Ligt will want to come) (Who wants to join a team that can't consistently make the top four)

Federico Valverde from Real Madrid was talked about for a while, but than Woodward went out and signed Van Der Beek, so he no longer fits into the plans.

The other options sound pretty brutal, a 35 year old Ronaldo, a struggling and aging Dybala, and a couple of small fry from Paris St Germain...

United may have to eat their losses on this one, take some cash and lesser players.
Maybe better to think of it in a different way though - everyone is trying to think of the best player we can swap him for but why couldn't we swap him for multiple players who might not be individually at that elite level but would address holes in our squad and have potential to grow into great players.

Juve - Demiral & McKennie for example would be young, promising additions with first team experience with the latter obviously having no issues with the language.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I have been thinking about the Pogba situation and can honestly see him leave for nothing when his contract expires. The club will face derisory bids for him next summer I would imagine, think €20 to €30 million, and I don't think the owners will be happy to accept.

DanClancy

I have been thinking about the Pogba situation and can honestly see him leave for nothing when his contract expires. The club will face derisory bids for him next summer I would imagine, think €20 to €30 million, and I don't think the owners will be happy to accept.
Strong chance hence why the club should be doing everything possible to move him on now, even go as far as allowing Juve not pay a penny for 18 months.

Danillaco

Is Bentacur that Juve Turkish cb? 21 and great potential. Get him and Arthur for Pogba, solves a lot, cdm and cb.

The Brazilian is incredibly underrated.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Send Pogba to Juventus, take Ronaldo on loan for the rest of the season, and get a decent fee (£50m+) in the summer.

Ronaldo in for Martial and our team is challenging for the league.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wouldn't mind Ronaldo. He has 16 goals in 13 matches this season. I think he has another 4-5 years at top level (just see Ibra who is 39 and is dominating Serie A).

The only problem is his astronomical wages.

Alemar

I would take Casemiro for Pogba, or de Jong. Alternatively, just sell him for whatever he sells for and use this money to fund purchase of Camavinga

croadyman

I would take Casemiro for Pogba, or de Jong. Alternatively, just sell him for whatever he sells for and use this money to fund purchase of Camavinga
Saw someone say in a recent post that Casemiro has declined the last year or so,however don't know how true that actually is

Alemar

Saw someone say in a recent post that Casemiro has declined the last year or so,however don't know how true that actually is
But wouldn’t you agree that Pogba didn’t set the world alight lately, either?

The problem with swap deal is that it may only be with 4 or 5 clubs in the world (as Pogba wouldn’t probably agree to join anyone but Juve, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern or PSG). So you could only choose from those players that are available in those clubs...

croadyman

But wouldn’t you agree that Pogba didn’t set the world alight lately, either?

The problem with swap deal is that it may only be with 4 or 5 clubs in the world (as Pogba wouldn’t probably agree to join anyone but Juve, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern or PSG). So you could only choose from those players that are available in those clubs...
Oh yeah Pogba clearly hasn't produced enough consistently in these last four years. I would definitely take Casemiro if it was an option

justsomebloke

Send Pogba to Juventus, take Ronaldo on loan for the rest of the season, and get a decent fee (£50m+) in the summer.

Ronaldo in for Martial and our team is challenging for the league.
Oh no. I really, really don't want Ronaldo. Or Messi for that matter. If you bring in Ronaldo then he becomes the focus for everything, and you end up building on a player in decline. We should build around a young core that develops together and gets shaped together, and then contend for titles for half a decade or more. You need veterans too, but not as the centrepiece.

Camavinga, Grealish, Sancho, Haaland - these are the players we should be chasing. Tonali maybe. None of these will come on a swap deal though. If Pogba goes to Real Madrid, who I'd really like to see come back is Martin Ødegaard - perfect Bruno fill-in, and can play on the right too. Not just hugely talented, but also a consummate professional and team player, great attitude, dedicated worker.

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Oh no. I really, really don't want Ronaldo. Or Messi for that matter. If you bring in Ronaldo then he becomes the focus for everything, and you end up building on a player in decline. We should build around a young core that develops together and gets shaped together, and then contend for titles for half a decade or more. You need veterans too, but not as the centrepiece.
I said a 6 month loan. Based on how the league is going at the moment, a strong performance in the second half of the season could see us winning the league. Ronaldo is one of the few players capable of having that sort of impact.

I certainly dont agree with bringing aging players back for the long term - I would rather see us trying to get the likes of Greenwood firing on all cylinders. But at the end of the day, its clear at the moment that we could use a reliable striker - Martial is inconsistent and a poor finisher, and Cavani isnt going to be able to play every game. Ronaldo would be a fantastic short term measure.

Kyonn

Read an article (probably bullshit) that we want to swap Pogba for Ronaldo.

I'd certainly take that
This the only deal that strikes me as being realistic. Both players are coming up on the last year of their contracts, both teams would like to get something for each player. We know Juventus would be interested in Pogba but would United be interested in Ronaldo?

justsomebloke

I said a 6 month loan. Based on how the league is going at the moment, a strong performance in the second half of the season could see us winning the league. Ronaldo is one of the few players capable of having that sort of impact.

I certainly dont agree with bringing aging players back for the long term - I would rather see us trying to get the likes of Greenwood firing on all cylinders. But at the end of the day, its clear at the moment that we could use a reliable striker - Martial is inconsistent and a poor finisher, and Cavani isnt going to be able to play every game. Ronaldo would be a fantastic short term measure.
Well, I disagree. The man's a gravity vortex - there is no way you can bring him into your team for six months without upsetting team balance - he's not the sort of player that adapts to what's already there, he's the sort of player everybody else adapts to. Also, there is no way he's going anywhere on a six month loan.