Records under Ole

lysglimt

Scout
First manager since Ferguson to lose 1-6 at home

Sorry I just had to :)

Red00012

Would be great to see how Moyes, LVG and Mou did in regards to these types of club records & if any of them have usurped the managers that came before them. Moyes most likely just has negative records but I reckon LVG, Mou and Ole will have some interesting ones between them.
Moyes holds the record for most crosses (81) into a box in 90mins at home and coming away with a 2-2 draw :D That’s as positive as it got for him.
Thankfully Ole has no intention of beating that one

ThinkTank@Cafe

1. First EPL team to win 4 consecutive games with +3 goals difference.
2. Most pens won in a season.
3. Today: first team to win 4 consecutive away games with a comeback in each of them. Hilarious :D

Bonus: Cavani is (joint) 3rd best goal scorer in top 5 leagues since his debut in Serie A in 2007 after Messi and Ronaldo (253 goals).
Update: 5 consecutive away games with a comeback.

ThinkTank@Cafe

1. First time to score 6+ since Fergie.
2. First brace against Leeds since 2002 (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer). A small pretty record.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
1. First time to score 6+ since Fergie.
2. First brace against Leeds since 2002 (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer). A small pretty record.
Also the first time under Ole that two separate players have scored a brace in the same match and the first time that has been done since the 30th of November in 2016 when Jose's United beat West Ham 4-1 in the EFL Cup with Martial and Ibrahimovic scoring two each.

Slik

Ole basically sets a new record every match haha

lysglimt

Scout
Bielsa team conceded 6 goals first time in 28 years.
That is actually quite remarkable considering he is the first manager I have ever seen who leave a 40 yard gap in the middle of the park completely undefended. There was one picture shown yesterday when they had 5 players in attack - 1 player on the right of midfield and 4 players in defense - in the center of the midfield there were no Leeds-players.

georgipep

That is actually quite remarkable considering he is the first manager I have ever seen who leave a 40 yard gap in the middle of the park completely undefended. There was one picture shown yesterday when they had 5 players in attack - 1 player on the right of midfield and 4 players in defense - in the center of the midfield there were no Leeds-players.
And was awarded 3rd best manager in the world by FIFA.... Ridiculous!

lysglimt

Scout
And was awarded 3rd best manager in the world by FIFA.... Ridiculous!
I have never really understood what Bielsa has done in club football, that warrants the reputation he has.

He was average at his first coaching jobs in Argentina until he did really well with Velez in 98

He was poor at Athletic Bilbao - apart from a few matches in Europe
He was quite good at Marseille and his short spell at Lille was a disaster

georgipep

I have never really understood what Bielsa has done in club football, that warrants the reputation he has.

He was average at his first coaching jobs in Argentina until he did really well with Velez in 98

His disciplinarian methods and the fact that his teams run a lot make him the hipsters choice for the "one manager to base a religion on". Add the fact that Pochettino has said he learned a lot from him and everyone loses their mind...
Regardless that Pochettino himself won...nothing.

it’s the fact that he has a different way of doing things, and so he stands out amongst the crowd. In terms of actually achievements, his trophy cabinet is sparse - but he has a massive impact on the way teams play, and he doesn’t compromise his ‘philosophy’

similar to LVG, but he was far more successful.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Wasn't Wilf Maguinnes a former United player? Took over as permanent manager after Sir Matt Busby?

Edit. Yes he was. Played 83 times for United and took over as permanent United manager in 1969.
Lal Hilditch (had to google to remember his name) was player manager for you in the 20s, so I would guess he was the first, I only know this because he replaced John Chapman who was mysteriously sacked and no one ever knew why, the FA suspended him from football management for improper conduct, it's all in a book about Jack Robson, who managed you before Chapman, you stole him for us, he was our most successful manager ever winning 5 trophies in 6 years.

I remember it also came up when Giggs replaced Moyes and became your second player/manager.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His disciplinarian methods and the fact that his teams run a lot make him the hipsters choice for the "one manager to base a religion on". Add the fact that Pochettino has said he learned a lot from him and everyone loses their mind...
Regardless that Pochettino himself won...nothing.
I believe Pep has also called him the best in the world, and the manager he admires most. That probably added to his status.

I like him quite a lot, because he is entertaining, but I wouldn't want him near the United job. I would imagine most big clubs feel the same.

He is basically 95-96 Kevin Keegan, but louder.

georgipep

I believe Pep has also called him the best in the world, and the manager he admires most. That probably added to his status.

I like him quite a lot, because he is entertaining, but I wouldn't want him near the United job. I would imagine most big clubs feel the same.

He is basically 95-96 Kevin Keegan, but louder.
He can be influential with his tactics but 3rd best manager in 2020? For getting Leeds out of the Championship, really? That was such a trendy-hipster decision...

sugar_kane

I'm sure I read somewhere he's now got the highest goals per game ratio of a United manager since Matt Busby (apologies if that was literally in this thread)

sugar_kane

It’s true, 1.87 pg to Fergie’s 1.84 I think. But as long as he doesn’t beat Busby or Mangnall (I think), it’s not a record. :)
Hah fair enough...

At least we can say it's a PL record for now

ThinkTank@Cafe

Bruno Fernandes is the first Man United player in EPL era who contributes to more than 1 goal per game. 18 goals and 14 assists in 29 matches. Legend in the making.

1. Bruno Fernandes - 1,1
2. Eric Cantona - 0,8
3. Ruud van Nistelrooj - 0,73
4. ?????? - 0,72
5. ?????? - 0,7.

Guess who is number 4 and 5.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Longest "Sack the manager" thread in club history. 1056 pages.

dcrompton

Bruno Fernandes is the first Man United player in EPL era who contributes to more than 1 goal per game. 18 goals and 14 assists in 29 matches. Legend in the making.

1. Bruno Fernandes - 1,1
2. Eric Cantona - 0,8
4. ?????? - 0,72
5. ?????? - 0,7.

The fact you're asking makes me think it might be current players (Rashford/Martial) but that would mean lots pf assists. Rooney would be obvious answer as he scored 250 goals in around 500 games and was a consistent assister. As it's easier to provide numbers over a shorter period I would be tempted to guess players who had successful short spells with us so my final answer is Ibrahimovic and Van Persie.

MattyLT

First permanent United manager to be named Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for 643 consecutive days (and counting).

ThinkTank@Cafe

The fact you're asking makes me think it might be current players (Rashford/Martial) but that would mean lots pf assists. Rooney would be obvious answer as he scored 250 goals in around 500 games and was a consistent assister. As it's easier to provide numbers over a shorter period I would be tempted to guess players who had successful short spells with us so my final answer is Ibrahimovic and Van Persie.
4. Robin van Persie - 0,73
5.???????? - 0,7

You got one

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

1. Bruno Fernandes - 1,1
2. Eric Cantona - 0,8
4. ?????? - 0,72
5. ?????? - 0,7.

It ought to be Rooney and Ronaldo surely?