Red Dwarf

Rudie

Mentary
Thought the episode was good, not a classic by any means but better than anything we've had since series 6 and significantly better than back to earth. Quite glad that it's just the 4 of them.

Looking foward to the rest of the series and hope it gets better rather than worse and gives the show the send off it deserves unlike previous attempts.

Member 39557

I recorded it, but I fully expect it to be crap. Kryten looked strange in all the promotional stuff. Either the actor hasn't aged well and/or the make-up team couldn't get it right!

Rudie

Mentary
Both Kryten and Rimmer have aged noticably, Lister too but the cat seems to have defied aging in a Giggs sort of way, since Kryten and Rimmer are both artificial it did seem a bit odd but wasn't too much of a distraction - I half expected them to write something into the story to explain it but glad they didn't as it would have been a bit cliched.

Widnes

I thought it was really good especially after the disgrace that was Back to Earth

Lastwolf

Both Kryten and Rimmer have aged noticably, Lister too but the cat seems to have defied aging in a Giggs sort of way, since Kryten and Rimmer are both artificial it did seem a bit odd but wasn't too much of a distraction - I half expected them to write something into the story to explain it but glad they didn't as it would have been a bit cliched.
All the uniforms and computers where upgraded, it's one of those things you just have to overlook.

I must admit I laughed a few times and I quite liked it, definitely an improvement.

RedMist99

Kryten looked a LOT better in the older series.

Still, I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the series grows as it goes on

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Pretty good episode. It's never been laugh out loud funny, but amusing nonetheless. Let's hope the rest is just as good.

Crustanoid

It'll never go back to the old magic but it seems to have got back to what Red Dwarf is best at - the humor and gags which are a product of the Grant-Naylor combination. Post S6 it had lost its way IMO

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty good episode. It's never been laugh out loud funny, but amusing nonetheless. Let's hope the rest is just as good.
I don't know about that... Red Dwarf has definitely made me laugh out loud in the past. Even the lesser loved Season 7 had the Arnold Rimmer Song!

Guy Incognito

Trojan was much better than I thought it would be, especially after the BTE shambles. There were funny moments especially as Rimmer was the butt of jokes -- when he was in and out during S7, the laughs were devoid.

It will never reach the heights of S1-6, but a promising start to this series nonetheless.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Nice surprise it was on. Didn't really advertise it properly. Yep enjoyed that, not their best obviously but just happy to see them together again. Holly looked fecked. :lol: