Music Red Hot Chili Peppers - Unlimited Love (New album out now!)

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Going to see them in Dublin in June. Saw them a few years ago and they actually were not as great live as I had hoped. This one is outdoor so hoping it will be better

Although for me the way things have fallen with new shows and shows I got tickets for 2 years ago rescheduled for now I have 3 concerts in 3 nights. Greenday (and Weezer) on the Monday, Guns n Roses - Tuesday and finally RHCP on the Wednesday. And Kings of Leon are the Friday before these…I’m getting too old for this shit

Last edited:

United in sin

Black summer is a great track. "China is on the dark side of the moon'. That lyric just resonates with me so much for some unknown reason. I'll give it a listen tonight in a few hours

Bosws87

I like the new album it’s very chilled and just a relaxing listen, for me there’s no standout tracks like the old stuff more of just a whole 17 songs that flow into each other.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Having a hard time finding one positive review of this album.

It is, quite frankly, awful. Has been banished to the 'never listen to again' pile

Brophs

The One and Only
War Crimes and this lot’s new album being directly next to each other on the forum list seems apt.

Minkaro

Listened to it earlier. I liked three songs. Pretty weak effort.

fergieisold

Having a hard time finding one positive review of this album.

It is, quite frankly, awful. Has been banished to the 'never listen to again' pile
It's just bloated. There's some great tracks in the mix...but too many skippable moment. Love John's vocals on Heavy Wing and the bass line in it's only natural is amazing.

John for whatever reason is reserved in the extreme on this record - hopefully the next one he's more prominent!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
After a few listens, it's not great. A collection of ok but entirely forgettable tracks. No real urge to listen to it again.

Acole9

Outstanding
I've listened to it once through so far. It's easily better than the last two albums but that's a pretty low bar.

It is a bit long. Probably could've cut a few tracks quite easily.

Gandalf

Finally gave it a listen and it is not for me. I have never been a huge fan of Frusciante and from By The Way onwards he has really steered them into quite bland territory. I don't think anyone could really replace Hillel Slovak but Mothers Milk and BSSM at least kept pretty closely to the earlier funkier sound.