RedCafe Fantasy Draft League (Like the Yanks)

arjwiz

I think 90 seconds is fine as long as there's a little alert that pops up or makes a sound when it's your time to pick.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
1 Space Left

Who is team Taromz by the way?

No clue, and as no one has posted in here I assume it's probably just someone who saw the password yesterday... boot them!

Might be an idea to change the password if possible?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Here's a question - what happens if/when clubs by new players midweek - is it just first come first serve on those? Or is it some turn based system again? There's probably going to be loads more high quality players coming in, so someone could end up with a really good squad if it's just first come first serve - rendering this draft bit pointless.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Grand... So long as it's just a first come first serve free-for-all that should be fine.

Did you find out who Taromz was?

arjwiz

Taromz is the friend of mine who evra said I could invite. He's a Liverpool supporter and is possibly in the newbies here, I'm not sure.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Okay see my "message from the commissioner" in the game for the rules. One thing I am undecided on is I could lock the player pool, so that say Utd signed Ronaldo it wouldn't impact the game because you couldn't bid on him. At present I think we would have 12 people bidding £1000! What do people think?

Muffled funk

Not to be trusted
This seems very suspect by arjwiz what's stopping his newbie friend from trading him all his good players.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Okay see my "message from the commissioner" in the game for the rules. One thing I am undecided on is I could lock the player pool, so that say Utd signed Ronaldo it wouldn't impact the game because you couldn't bid on him. At present I think we would have 12 people bidding £1000! What do people think?
Not a terrible idea... might be the best way to do it actually.

This seems very suspect by arjwiz what's stopping his newbie friend from trading him all his good players.
Integrity!

evra

One thing I am undecided on is I could lock the player pool, so that say Utd signed Ronaldo it wouldn't impact the game because you couldn't bid on him. At present I think we would have 12 people bidding £1000! What do people think?
What do we think, should I lock it? Part of the excitement might be bidding for new players but it does have the potential to upset the apple cart.

arjwiz

Apart from what the others already said (50% rule and commissioner rule), I invited him yesterday when there were just about 3 or 4 people in the group and we were trying to fill the 12. Had we known that we'd reach the 12, or had evra asked me not to invite him, I wouldn't have asked him to join.

arjwiz

Pleased with your team?
I am, actually. Maybe I'm not well-versed with the rotisserie scoring system so I don't really know the value of good players from mid-table teams, but I think I've got a good squad. There's a few risks in there (Nasri, Nani, Dzeko) but if they fire it should turn out good.

Szczesny

Enrique
Evra
Mertesacker

Nani
Oscar
Hazard
Nasri

Aspas
Dzeko
Podolski

Distin
Riise
Duff
Puncheon
Schneiderlin
Long
Boruc

evra

I am, actually. Maybe I'm not well-versed with the rotisserie scoring system so I don't really know the value of good players from mid-table teams, but I think I've got a good squad. There's a few risks in there (Nasri, Nani, Dzeko) but if they fire it should turn out good.

Szczesny

Enrique
Evra
Mertesacker

Nani
Oscar
Hazard
Nasri

Aspas
Dzeko
Podolski

Distin
Riise
Duff
Puncheon
Schneiderlin
Long
Boruc

Like the look of that, I'm hoping Negredo pushes out Dzeko eventually! Your defence is going to score very well.