Gaming RedCafe Football Manager 2020 Online Game

JTW95

Gullible sausage
There has been plenty of talk in the Football Manager thread about setting up online game so I thought I would take the plunge and get things going and get people in before I set up the game tonight.

Ill set the rules to try and make things as fair as possible and to try and keep the game moving but they are not set in stone until the server is made so if the majority of people disagree with any of them or have suggestions then I will alter them but I am not massively experienced with online games so I welcome anybodies suggestion

-10 Players max
-Top Leagues in big 5 countries will be loaded
-Force Assistant to take control of press conferences
-Disable control of friendly matches
-Disable importing of tactics and shortlists
-Highlights set to no slower than extended to game games complete quicker

Ill add to these and alter them if people come up with better suggestions.

In terms of team assignment we can either do first come first served or I was thinking everybodies team gets selected at random since the top 6 will obviously get snapped up immediately and it would be unfair on the latecomers to the thread.

Ill create the server at 8pm tonight. so sign up below, throw in your suggestions if you have any and lets get this show on the road tonight.

@JTW95 Liverpool
@BD Arsenal
@noelyman (newbs) Spurs
@JakeC Chelsea
@JB08 Manchester United
@The Cat Manchester City

Last edited:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
In. Cheers for setting up.

And even though I'd like to have my pick of the teams what with me being first and all, I think some sort of random assignment is better.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
In! How often are we going to play?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'd be tempted

Edit: I think it'll be an absolute shit show, due to getting everybody on :lol: But don't try, you'll never know etc!

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I was thinking of maybe maxing this out at 10 people to try and avoid it getting too messy and trying to keep the save moving?

In terms of how often we can play I will be available every night but I know that wont be the case for some people so we could aim for maybe 3 nights a week minimum?

JB08

I was thinking of maybe maxing this out at 10 people to try and avoid it getting too messy and trying to keep the save moving?

In terms of how often we can play I will be available every night but I know that wont be the case for some people so we could aim for maybe 3 nights a week minimum?
I think a cap of players is definitely smart. And perhaps try to designate a specific 2/3 nights a week to playing so people know what nights to play in advance? Unless you have other plans of course - just imagining how we could possibly make this remotely manageable :lol:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think a cap of players is definitely smart. And perhaps try to designate a specific 2/3 nights a week to playing so people know what nights to play in advance? Unless you have other plans of course - just imagining how we could possibly make this remotely manageable :lol:
Yeah everybody should probably specify what nights they will be available we can find what days are best for people. I am hoping with this virus people will have a lot free time :lol:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
3 spaces left. When they get filled I get the teams randomised and get the server going.

I will randomise the teams predicted to finish top 10 in the games unless people want to make it interesting and go for the bottom 10?

JB08

3 spaces left. When they get filled I get the teams randomised and get the server going.

I will randomise the teams predicted to finish top 10 in the games unless people want to make it interesting and go for the bottom 10?
Top 10 sounds good to me, as it will result in interesting challenges between us for the title and European spots.

Ludens the Red

Hmm, only loading English leagues? Doesn’t give a wide enough pool of players. Also can’t import shortlist or tactics? Is that something that can even be disabled ?
What if it’s your own tactics and shortlist?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Hmm, only loading English leagues? Doesn’t give a wide enough pool of players. Also can’t import shortlist or tactics? Is that something that can even be disabled ?
What if it’s your own tactics and shortlist?
The point is to try and keep the save moving as much as possible. People might have slow computers that cannot handle many leagues and with only english leagues loaded you can still sign plenty of top players around the world. We will be top Premier League teams so we wont be needing to be hunting for bargains in the lower leagues of Finland and I would be very surprised if the save goes on long enough to watch youth players develop etc

The point of no importing tactics is to try and keep things as fair as possible and have people come up with their own tactics rather than downloading some unbeatable one on the various forums out there and it can be disabled when the game gets created.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought about this but even in quarantine I doubt I’ll have the time. I’m still working from home.

Ludens the Red

The point is to try and keep the save moving as much as possible. People might have slow computers that cannot handle many leagues and with only english leagues loaded you can still sign plenty of top players around the world. We will be top Premier League teams so we wont be needing to be hunting for bargains in the lower leagues of Finland and I would be very surprised if the save goes on long enough to watch youth players develop etc

The point of no importing tactics is to try and keep things as fair as possible and have people come up with their own tactics rather than downloading some unbeatable one on the various forums out there and it can be disabled when the game gets created.
Fair enough. I’ve not actually played fm online in about nine years. Is there still shitty lag problems then?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I might be 15m late or so hope that's not too much bother
Its fine I think this is going to be slow burn with not everybody being online.

Im setting the server up now I think instead of just English leagues to league 2 im going to do the top leagues of the big 5 countries for more top players to choose from.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Would depend on the times agreed. I’m still working at the moment so it’s tricky.
Still to be determined it seems. I am thinking Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays if it works for people but if not it can be changed or lowered to less days.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Well its nearly 8pm since we only have 6 comfirmed I will randomise us with top 6 teams then if people want to join later on they can choose who they want out of who is available.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Ive done the draw. Its on the link but ill update the OP.

Server details are

Name: Redcafe
Password: oldtrafford

Lets get this shitshow started :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm gonna be closer to 9 now sorry but I will definitely join then. Am playing an online darts league as well and the twat is late sorry.

JB08

I'm ready to start whenever you guys are.

JB08

Cat, in case you haven't - you will want to click 'add new manager' to get started. Apologies if you have already, it just took me about 10 mins to figure that out :lol:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
fecking Allison injured for 4 months from the get go im stuck with Adrian if I dont get a keeper :nervous:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Yo can I join?
Yeah sure. We raffled off the top 6 but we are still waiting for a couple of guys to join and ones having trouble getting in so if you hold fire there might be a top 6 team available if we cant get them 2 guys in.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You would need to keep the numbers down to like 3 or 4 core players to ever get this to work.