RedCafe has become toxic as feck.

hobbers

Aww bless, spare a thought for poor old Woodward and the board and the Glazers.......?

They're not good enough. Simple as. Ole also isn't good enough. The players not only haven't been good enough, but far too many of them don't even look like they care. We saw it against Everton back in Ole's first season and we were promised we'd never see it again. Well, right now we're seeing it just about every other game.

Pointing out the above isn't being spoilt. It's necessary. Being a delusional top red who sticks his head in the sand is what is contrary to the club's best interests. End of.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Redcafe is coming to terms with the state of United.

UnsungHero

Monitoring the preparation of the Vidal bid
Sorry, are we not allowed to be angry and critical?

We have owners who drain money from the club and don't care about it.

We have a CEO who just wants to market the club and has no clue about efficiently signing players and backing managers.

We have a manager who is nowhere near the top level and is here due to his time as a player.

We have a squad where half of the players are sub-par and on high wages.

As it stands we're going the way Liverpool did and that's a terrifying prospect. People should be negative and angry. These owners/management/players are all multi-millionaires being paid a fortune to perform, they are nowhere near where they should be, it's a disgrace. A bit of positivity on here won't do jack.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The social media are acting more and more as a decompression valve or informal welfare than agora these days, which also explain so many comments stemming from fear, discomfort and raised awareness, often asking for instant solution to complex problems. Keep going, this will be a long winter unfortunately (no pun intended).

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
People definitely seem a little touchy, particularly since the start of the season. Understandable really, people are angry and hurting. We support the best club in the world that has brought us so much joy and excitement over the years. Seeing some of the things that are happening is difficult but as someone said, we'll start winning again soon and hopefully the mood will lift.

Web of Bissaka

That's right, we should just be chill and accept the club's serial mediocrity. Be happy and accept it.

We need more positive rosy-tinted 'everything is fine and will be great' threads and posts. Negative treads and posters must be banned.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
People definitely seem a little touchy, particularly since the start of the season. Understandable really, people are angry and hurting. We support the best club in the world that has brought us so much joy and excitement over the years. Seeing some of the things that are happening is difficult but as someone said, we'll start winning again soon and hopefully the mood will lift.
The club we follow today isn’t the club many of us grew up with and built our emotional bond around. It thinks and behaves in a very different way since 2014, and that jarring experience is why so many fans respond in a negative way.

7 years on, this club has now been built in the image of Woodward, and it seems as though that isn’t an experience that many of us enjoy.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
That's right, we should just be chill and accept the club's serial mediocrity. Be happy and accept it.

We need more positive rosy-tinted 'everything is fine and will be great' threads and posts. Negative treads and posters must be banned.
Why not have realistic threads sans moaning with well thought out solutions while being able to enjoy the small victories we gain in these troubled times?

Robbie Boy

Why not have realistic threads sans moaning with well thought out solutions while being able to enjoy the small victories we gain in these troubled times?
I mean, people are free to start whatever threads they want. Also, there's plenty of praise for individual performances, players, Ole etc. It just depends where you look.

I suppose it's just that collectively we're a wee bit of a shit show which can lead to negativity. However, people need to be able to differentiate between warranted negativity from toxicity. For me, words like toxic and toxicity are bandied about to try shut down people with opposing opinions.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I mean, people are free to start whatever threads they want. Also, there's plenty of praise for individual performances, players, Ole etc. It just depends where you look.

I suppose it's just that collectively we're a wee bit of a shit show which can lead to negativity. However, people need to be able to differentiate between warranted negativity from toxicity. For me, words like toxic and toxicity are bandied about to try shut down people with opposing opinions.
Problems arise when we see aggression in reacting to fairly innocuous comments or just someone's opinions. We're all pretty passionate about our club on here and I think different opinions are perceived as antagonistic when they're not usually intended to be. We all want to see the team do well and it's hard to hide that frustration sometimes.

Robbie Boy

Problems arise when we see aggression in reacting to fairly innocuous comments or just someone's opinions. We're all pretty passionate about our club on here and I think different opinions are perceived as antagonistic when they're not usually intended to be. We all want to see the team do well and it's hard to hide that frustration sometimes.
I think there's a culture of people becoming too entrenched in a particular 'side' on here. This leads to fairly radical views from in/out camps which leads to shit throwing and silly arguments.

I find that the most vocal from both sides tend to be the most clueless. The relentless posters from extreme camps offer zero nuance or insightful discussion. I also think some posters are purposely aggressive - while toeing the line - and their comments are far from innocuous. I'm talking about a small minority here but unfortunately they monopolise threads and give a false perception of toxicity.

Some of the more insightful posts I find, with balanced points are from posters who don't repeat their stance on Ole/players ad nauseam and are open to changing their opinions based on debate/evidence.