g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

RedCafe Sheep Draft - Jayvin vs Thisistheone

Who will win based on all the players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sajeev

So sad and disappointing that antohan has ruined the match. Me and jay have spent hours building these teams. Aldo has put in tons of effort organizing the whole thing yet this poster antohan insists on always taking the fun out and getting overly competitive and personal.

Jay all the best mate for the rest of the game. Thanks to everyone who voted. I'll come back on later when it's all done but right now the game has been soured for me by the usual culprit. And he's frankly made me loose interest.
i honestly don't get why you are crying so much

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I don't understand the Real Madrid 1998 comparison either...

The three best, and most important players in the team - Roberto Carlos, Fernando Redondo, Raúl González - are all replaced by different types of players in Evra, Deschamps, and Boban. they are all great footballers, but you're redefining the roles of the most crucial players by using a different style of footballer in each position. sure, you replaced Moro and Mijatovic with superior options but the brain of the team, the best player, Fernando Redondo, is replaced by none other than Didier Deschamps. That says it all IMO. This isn't even mentioning how different both Raúl and Boban are in their interpretations of an attacking midfield role, with Raúl it was about finding pockets of space and creating channels for Moro to pick up balls from deep, creating space for Mijatovic who would regularly interchange with Raúl, because they were almost the same type of player from 1996-1998.

It's certainly a diamond, but not really something worth comparing to the great 1998 side. Too many major differences IMO. :)
Great stuff. Any more like you down in the newbies?

Annahnomoss

Asked which Ibrahimovic was being used and didnt get an answer so I assume he is using the currently peaking version. That reason made me vote for TITO as Ibrahimovic isnt really the type of player who can form a striker partnership that enhances both players.

I think he would be quite annoying for Boban when he drops down centrally to act the playmaker and then he would be equally annoying when he pushes up and fights with Shearer for the best positions in the box. Ibra would do great in this set-up but at the expense of Shearer and Boban.

Personally I much preferred a younger Ibra being used as he used to love to drift out wide on both sides and use his dribbling, acceleration and power to get past players or provide crosses. That is something this team is now severely missing as he has three players who are all very narrow and nothing makes me think they'd form the partnerships needed in such a narrow formation to shine brighter than their sums.

All in all it was an incredibly tight game like I said earlier and it shows when such fine details ends up winning or losing a vote. Great job both managers in the thread and at creating the teams.

Polaroid

Sorry Jayvin, gone for TITO, it was marginal, I would prefer at least one forward who is comfortable out wide in a diamond 442

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Went for Jayvin. Found little to separate the sides. Scholes is obviously the top midfielder on the park, but I rate Baraja higher than most so suspect that may have swayed it for me.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Think Shearers mobility is being underestimated a bit here. He did a lot of good work in wide areas, fancied himself as a right winger at times, and his crossing was pretty good. I wouldn't rule out a goal for Jayvin arising from one of his runs down the right channel and a cross in to Ibra. I think a lot of us are remembering the immobile injury plagued shearer from his later Newcastle days.

Having said that, ideally it should be shearer getting on the end of the crosses and he's missing a Beckham/ Anderton / Ginola quality delivery here that he had when he was so prolific.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I doubt Thuram will have much trouble in dealing with Suarez, he has dealt with more difficult opponents successfully.

If it was a team that solely depended on Suarez and Thuram had to do nothing but mark him out completely he'd do it. In this case the support case and constant movement and interchange is what is tricky, but I doubt there'll be much trouble from Thuram's side in a 1v1.
I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen Thuram get exposed. Interestingly though on those rare occasions it's been a tricky, nimble player in a similar mould to Suarez who's done the business. In Thuram's defence he has an excellent track record against many of the great attackers he regularly faced during his career.

sajeev

a few minutes to go in the game, can Zlatan/Shearer pull something out of the hat!

i think the number of votes in this game has been quite good.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Congrats TITO and well done, the tactical change was a smart move. Thanks all for the comments/votes, enjoyed it

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Well done TITO, this is the most balanced and fluid team I've seen you build.