Redcafe Snooker

cyberman

Only chance of a decent final was if Allen got through, no chance of Ronnie losing any sort of focus now. If he goes into a quick lead he’ll be looking for a white wash

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Ronnie’s matches are so entertaining. He is not playing perfectly but the fact that he is not playing much safety makes it really fun

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Will probably jinx him but Carter is playing superbly so far.

Wilt

Ronnie had better up his game ….Ali playing brilliant stuff

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
His semi final yesterday was something quite exceptional. Brilliant snooker by easily the best player I have had the pleasure of watching.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You can clearly see he wants to get this over quickly. It isn't not caring, he is just attacking everything and that should be relished as it won't be happening for a long time again.

One player on the top of their game, one who is in the mood to just hit anything.

Been such a good final so far because of that. I'm kind of rooting for Ali though, he deserves a major.

rajds89

Even with Ali playing as well as he is, you still expect Ronnie just to suddenly flick the switch and rattle of 3 or 4 frames in quick succession. Having never been so close to a major win, it might weigh on him a bit as well in the later stages.

binary bot
Even with Ali playing as well as he is, you still expect Ronnie just to suddenly flick the switch and rattle of 3 or 4 frames in quick succession. Having never been so close to a major win, it might weigh on him a bit as well in the later stages.
Well timed!

rajds89

Well timed!
You just expect it from Ronnie. This afternoons session was by his standards poor but already tonight you can see he is focused, he is playing the right shots at the right time and he is playing the occasion/table rather than his opponent. The mistakes from Ali are alarming in the sense that they are mistakes that in a final you just can’t afford to make, whilst he is still well within a shout of winning this.. you expect Ronnie to come out after the midsession break and put another 2 or 3 frames on the board and take the match away from him.

fergosaurus

That three frame lead evaporated very quickly. Ronnie taking this session much more seriously than earlier today.

the_cliff

You can clearly see he wants to get this over quickly. It isn't not caring, he is just attacking everything and that should be relished as it won't be happening for a long time again.

One player on the top of their game, one who is in the mood to just hit anything.

Been such a good final so far because of that. I'm kind of rooting for Ali though, he deserves a major.
Since my post he has toned it down to be fair and playing it safer.

When Ronnie's concentrated and doesn't play ultra aggressive no one beats him.

Redlambs

Since my post he has toned it down to be fair and playing it safer.

When Ronnie's concentrated and doesn't play ultra aggressive no one beats him.
That's why he's the best of all time. Can literally do it all.

It was funny watching that nice montage they just did about the winners, how many were against Ronnie too :lol:

rajds89

Another tonne in the bag for the captain. Benefited from a huge slice of luck at the beginning but you’ve still got to pot the balls after.

Still fancy Ronnie though, he’s just got the experience to get the job done. I’m not sure Ali has.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Carter took advantage of that massive slice of luck from his smash and hope earlier
It was a fantastic percentage shot though, you get the ball back into the position he did and you could probably say you’re actually unlucky if you leave a pot on.

Wilt

Weird how snooker players have to have complete silence during their shots, whereas darts players….

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I meant in terms of the rowdy nature.

I love a good darts crowd! But that's not and never should be a snooker thing.
The ref is telling them to shut up all the time, I don’t think it’s an encouraged cultural shift.

Redlambs

The ref is telling them to shut up all the time, I don’t think it’s an encouraged cultural shift.
Like I say, the commentary have mentioned them after mostly every frame so far. Just have again as I type this.

I think it is a fine line though, they want the crowd in and interested, but not to be as "stuffy" (for lack of a better word) than it's know for.

This ref is on the ball though, hopefully it doesn't need more than that.