Redcafe Snooker

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
BBC 2 now, Selby pots an amazing last black for a 147, never seen anything like it before, earns 59k quid

feck was just watching the end of the games of SSN. I watched the O'Sullivan five minute 147 live back when I was a student. It's amazing to see one happen live. Might have to catch the highlights and see it.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

feck was just watching the end of the games of SSN. I watched the O'Sullivan five minute 147 live back when I was a student. It's amazing to see one happen live. Might have to catch the highlights and see it.

This is my first live 147, I've seen 4 live 9 darters too.

Unfortunately I don't think I will ever see a 155. Lol.

Jippy

Staff
This is my first live 147, I've seen 4 live 9 darters too.

Unfortunately I don't think I will ever see a 155. Lol.

Think I've seen 3 nine darters live- Lewis in the final, MVG v Wade in that world semi when he nearly got two and Barney as well. Might have seen a Lewis one.

I also remember Ken Doherty missing the last black on a potential 147.

You can't beat seeing sporting perfection...especially after a day like today- reminds you why we watch sport.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Think I've seen 3 nine darters live- Lewis in the final, MVG v Wade in that world semi when he nearly got two and Barney as well. Might have seen a Lewis one.

I also remember Ken Doherty missing the last black on a potential 147.

You can't beat seeing sporting perfection...especially after a day like today- reminds you why we watch sport.

At least had something good to see after watching another dismal United performance. Oh well back to the days of the 80s again haha

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Oh god no, not back to the days when a good cup run (with a couple of wins that decade tbf) was considered a good season:(

Well I do remember that 85-86 season. We won the first 10 games of the season and yet somehow finished 4th. Was a nightmare.

Liam147

On Probation
feck's sake. Hate missing 147s. Then again I don't watch snooker for long enough periods of time any more. I don't know what happened but I find darts and golf to be much more entertaining. And snooker used to be my sport - hence the username.

Jippy

Staff
Can't keep track of your usernames Liam! Yep Ronnie, the memories of signing Neil Webb and Ralph Milne are gradually fading, if we look at it that way.

MajorTom

Ah, a Snooker thread. Nice one.

Yeah, I'm watching them. Last night was a great semi (oh, matron) between Robertson and Barry Big Head (matrooooooon). He was unlucky not to win, Robertson shit himself for five frames and didn't dare to give it the big one at the end like he normally does. Hawkins should be in the final.

Selby is looking good to make it through to the final, expect him to go though before the mid-session interval in this next session.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The 147 was cracking, Selby really didn't make it easy for himself at the end.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
[ ]

Those last few shots were ridiculous. Well done to Selby, one of the few watchable players left. Brilliant.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
BBC 2, should be a good match this! I said Robertson before the start of the tournament, but it's going to be close I think, could go either way. Selby looks to have the first frame in the bag.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Quite a good final is this! Robertson was 5-1 down at one point, he's got it to 6-5 now, so just one behind, last frame he flew round the table, he has his confidence back and Selby looks a bit lost now. Could go either way!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Good battling back from Robertson from 5-1 down. Should be a good one.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Robertson is storming now, just knocked in back to back centuries, 6-6 at the mid session interval!!

Edit: He could do without the interval tbh, might let Selby get his head back together.

Jippy

Staff
Barry Hearn talks a lot of shit. People want to pay to see the likes of Ronnie and Selby etc...in the big tournaments, not the some of them and a few lower ranked players who got lucky.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Robertson has the typical Aussie never say die spirit, he showed it in the SF. If he does win this it'll be one of the best comebacks I've seen. And he'll also have achieved the career Triple Crown and stand alongside some of the greatest in the history.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wow, Selby looks completely lost!! He needs to just forget it's the final and play without pressure.

Robertson is having no luck when going into the pack at all.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Robertson is fecking spawny covering balls he misses and leaves over the pockets more like.

Selby has had enough of the same of those! It's a strange game, one plays excellent, the other plays like a moron for a bit, then it changes again! Entertaining to watch though.

Jippy

Staff
Yeah know what you mean. There has been some really good snooker in between though. Robertson is good to watch but somehow find it slightly difficult to really warm to him.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Feel like that may have been Selby's last chance - If Robertson wins this frame that's curtains for me.

Shame - I really like Selby and Robertson's a mug.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've got money on Robertson, for this match, and the tourney.

I used to hate him, still don't really like him too greatly, prefer Selby as he has a laugh. Robertson seems weird to me for some reason, a bit robotic and boring as a person imo. There are much worse people on the tour though, Judd fecking Trump for example, massive ego, shit haircut, shit dress sense, thinks he's cool, isn't even great at snooker. Still plays like a fecking moron half the time, didn't he say some shit about bringing glamour to snooker?

I actually hate Trump I think.

It's actually a good game this, it makes you feel not so bad about your own game when these 2 are missing some of these shots :lol: but then watching the others they are knocking in and some of the spin/screw/etc they are getting and the positions.

Robertson fecks up an easy pink as I say that :lol: Get these round the social, I'll show them how to play!!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
fecking hell man :( I feel so much for Selby there! That is horrible!!! Ugh!

Ken n Stephen not happy he got the ball cleaned!