Redcafe Snooker

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Selby laughing ironically when he potted that red from similar range to the miss :lol: Good banter.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen a shot of Robertson taking a shot, his head was down and camera was basically infront of him, his eyebrows and nostrils were going mental, it then dawned on me. He is Beavis.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah well, was a good watch this full tournament tbh so I'm happy, plus a few hundred quid up over the entire thing always pleases me too :lol: Think I got him at around 15/2 or something before the tournament began.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Both have been shocking at the Worlds in the last couple of years though. I guess it makes it interesting though. But we all know that if Ronnie turns up with 70% of what he's capable he wins.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Both have been shocking at the Worlds in the last couple of years though. I guess it makes it interesting though. But we all know that if Ronnie turns up with 70% of what he's capable he wins.

Isn't Robertson current WC? oops (2010 what was I thinking??)

Also yeah Ronnie is the best player ever if he turns up, but it's so patchy that he doesn't deserve the title. I used to love Ronnie and would have watched him in the WC's over watching football. Now though I'd be happy if he never won a match again. He's a twat and I'd much prefer someone like Selby to win.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Robertson is the current no.1 but Ronnie has won the last 2 Worlds. Robertson won it in 2010 and Selby has never won it. Ronnie might be a bit of a twat but the game will suffer massively when he packs it in. He's the star name and the one everyone wants to watch. He is a bone fide genius at what he does and none of the other players are.

Irwinwastheking

Robertson is the current no.1 but Ronnie has won the last 2 Worlds. Robertson won it in 2010 and Selby has never won it. Ronnie might be a bit of a twat but the game will suffer massively when he packs it in. He's the star name and the one everyone wants to watch. He is a bone fide genius at what he does and none of the other players are.

Yeah, I had a brain fart with the Robertson WC thing. Of course Ronnie is the crowd pleaser as when he's in good form it's just breathtaking what he's able to on that table. I watched the famous 147 live when was a young lad and honestly it's up there with the greatest things I've ever seen in sport.

MajorTom

Chuffed Selby and his webbed hands bottled it. It was a great comeback from Robertson and he thoroughly deserved to take the title.

Anyone watching the German Masters (qualifying, I think)? What is Joe Swail like these days, still half decent or way past it now?

Amir

Was delighted to be at some of the latter stages of the UK's. First time I got to see live Snooker and while I was surprised at how relative small the crowds were - you never quite realise it on TV - it was a great event. Robertson's play from 1-5 down to 8-6 up was top class.

MajorTom

Watched a cracking game of Snooker from a young 16 year old Chinese player last night in Lu Haotian. He went 3-2 ahead against Selby in a qualifying game and in those first few frames he was potting everything and in an attacking way. He is still very small though and sometimes he needed the rest for shots in the middle of the table, Selby used that and his safety play to his advantage and started to play defensively which caught Lu out. Still a player that will shoot up the rankings very soon.

MajorTom

Should have been, but he made hard work of it in the end.
Indeed, looked to be a repeat of his last outing against Robertson but he managed to get over the line. Not sure what it is with some of these more experienced players, Davis, Bingham etc have or at least seemed to get better with age. Good victory for Fu yesterday, last 5 or so tournaments I don't think Judd has gone beyond the last 16 which is unusual.

Ding v Murphy now (whenever the coverage decides to kick-in) will be a close game, fancy Murphy to come through this battle today.

MajorTom

Yeah, just read an article on the beeb. Seems to be the second one they have had, same thing happened on the first day, although that didn't interrupt play.

MajorTom

Pretty good game, glad Murphy got the win, he was the better player overall. Some of the shots Ding got away with in the middle of the match were unbelievable, every shot he missed he ended up covering it with another ball. Odds of 11/10 per frame were great for Murphy, missed out when he went out to 5/2 for the match, should have had a punt on that.

Ronnie next, last time out he beat Milkins 6-0, similar scoreline tonight isn't beyond comprehension. 2/5 for Ronnie to win a frame, risky to bet on that if he losses two or so on the spin. Going to wait until Milkins gets in the balls and then back Ronnie.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Must admit, I have drifted away from watching snooker a bitv over the last couple of years, but bloody hell, the last three frames of the Selby-Higgins match were fantastic. Epic sporting drama. Brilliant stuff.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Must admit, I have drifted away from watching snooker a bitv over the last couple of years, but bloody hell, the last three frames of the Selby-Higgins match were fantastic. Epic sporting drama. Brilliant stuff.

To be honest, after that Higgins "matching fixing" fiasco, I have doubts whenever he misses now. Was a great match though.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
To be honest, after that Higgins "matching fixing" fiasco, I have doubts whenever he misses now. Was a great match though.

Know what you mean but they both missed stuff you wouldn't expect them too. Very tense match, right down to that tight pink into the middle in the last frame. Remarkable that Selby has won all 11 final frame deciders he has been in at the Masters. The guy has some bottle.

Irwinwastheking

Ominous looking here.

Enjoying Hendry and Doherty between frames. Much more enjoyable than the rest of the old farts on the BBC.

Irwinwastheking

Break ended on about 60, but he had a long red into the green pocket that just missed. Had it gone in, it would have been ominous, as he'd split the pack nicely. Was the last frame too.

I think the third frame too he potted a long red that he swerved around the green (iirc) which was lucky enough but he ended up perfectly on the black. 5-6 loose reds and the black available in both pockets. I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks at that with Ronnie and thinks 147 with one ball potted.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
O'Sullivan is just a genius of snooker, watching him really is genius at work stuff. It's all effortless with him, with either hand. There's nothing else much you can say about him and nobody else comes close.

MajorTom

It wasn't for me, I was bricking it. That snooker he got behind the green was great and then to win the match from a cross double blue to land nicely on the pink was magical stuff. Thought his luck was going to run out in terms of coming from behind but he didn't have any luck whatsoever, it was thoroughly deserved. Great win.
When Ronnie plays like that then no-one can come close to him unless he really pushes the boat out. In the German Masters qualifying last month he was absolutely amazing but ended up losing the game due to him trying an exhibition shot every time he was at the table. He should get to the final, hopefully he will meet Murphy in the last-game, that would be my ideal final.

MajorTom

If Selby goes four frames up then it is game over. Murphy needs to get his arm into gear and take this next frame. I want a good afternoon of snooker at the very least, could be over by half three.