Redcafe Snooker

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not sure, thought it would have been the guy they got out. I'm all for a bit of whatever on the down times but straight insulting a player still in the game like that isn't really on.

Sounded like a prick anyway, sitting indoors in a dark room pretty much with a cap on, and on his phone. Paying good money for a final ticket to be kicked out for being a wanker... and he called Selby the mug :houllier:

MajorTom

I literally don't think they get regular snooker playing fans at events like this, they clap shots that are average to poor as if they were 147 clinching blacks - that really gets me for some reason.

Crowd well behind Selby after that abuse! I reckon it was a plant.
:lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I literally don't think they get regular snooker playing fans at events like this, they clap shots that are average to poor as if they were 147 clinching blacks - that really gets me for some reason.

Crowd well behind Selby after that abuse! I reckon it was a plant.

Yeah, I've noticed they clap some of the worst shots imaginable, they clap flukes, or even simple shots. Morons, pure morons.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Snooker is the one sport my Nan watches religiously, she has for decades. She'll be sat at home with a cup of tea and a slice of cake right now outraged at the mans lack of manners :lol:

I'll get a phone call from her outraged tomorrow no doubt.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Always makes me chuckle when they talk about fitness levels with snooker and darts.

Good God. Yeah gotta have some cardio to move around that table.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Always makes me chuckle when they talk about fitness levels with snooker and darts.

I think them banging on about the running thing for Ronnie is something to do with his mindset? Helps him clear his head and it's relaxing to him or something.

I know what you mean though, Murphy was banging on about his diet and fitness too. I can play about 20 games in the club a day while getting pissed at the same time and I don't get fatigued.

Amir

Yeah, I've read O'Sullivan's latest book and he talks a lot about how he's most at ease when he's running or during periods he maintains running regularly and his fitness.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I'd imagine the running is linked to his depression in some way, it's fairly well known that keeping active can have a positive effect on the mindset, which as we know is incredibly important in sports like snooker.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

:lol:I know what you mean. But adding to what others have said about running, with the darts players, the fatter blokes tend to suffer under the heat of the lights on stage.

Name Changed

weso26
I love Ronnie. He is clearly absolutely bananas, which makes it even more outrageous as to how good he is. Imagine how many World titles he would have won had he put the same time & effort in that the likes of Hendry and Davis did over the years. I heard one of the commentators say that Ronnie only entered because he needed some holiday money. Brilliant.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Anyone know how this championship league thing works? There appears to be 3 leagues, and Trump is top of 2 of them? :s

Also, reading up on Graeme Dott... his autobiography.... "Frame Of Mind: The Autobiograhy of The World Snooker Champion" ... Seriously? I mean... seriously? Who thought that would be a good name for his fecking autobiography?

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I still don't like him. When I was a teenager and he was starting to rip up the history books with break building never before seen I just loved him, but every time he behaved like a total twat has chipped away at it and now I'd take anyone else to win over him. Still an amazing player to watch though.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Anyone know how this championship league thing works? There appears to be 3 leagues, and Trump is top of 2 of them? :s

Also, reading up on Graeme Dott... his autobiography.... "Frame Of Mind: The Autobiograhy of The World Snooker Champion" ... Seriously? I mean... seriously? Who thought that would be a good name for his fecking autobiography?

Nobody in the world will read that book. Not even his wife.

Jippy

Staff
What the feck. Dunno what's worse- the name of the book or the fact that you are reading it.

Nobody in the world will read that book. Not even his wife.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What the feck. Dunno what's worse- the name of the book or the fact that you are reading it.

I was just reading his wiki page for some reason, I think I wondered why he always looked glum and like the world was against him. It would be a good bedtime book though I reckon, you'd be asleep quick every night for sure.

Jippy

Staff
I thought you'd actually bought it. Must be in the bargain bin. Would love to know the sales figures and how much he got as an advance for it.

MajorTom

Anyone watch that 888 tournament thingamijig? Dominic Dale (and his mid-life crisis hair) won it, first time I've watched it and it was quite good. Should have best out of three instead of just one frame, it's too unpredictable with just the one. Ryan Day made a decent century break in the quarters before getting knocked out by Jonny Bravo's hair in the semi's who beat Bingham in the final. Good little event to watch for non-stop attacking shots (well after 5 mins when Dott is playing).

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Anyone been watching the Welsh Open final? Ronnie is just awesome. Currently 7-1 up against Ding. Every part of Ronnie's game is just unbeatable when he is on form.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Quite simply the greatest to ever hold a cue. Unbelievable. He's actually getting better.

Jippy

Staff
Quite simply the greatest to ever hold a cue. Unbelievable. He's actually getting better.
Does actually seem that way- was excellent at the Masters in January. Looking forward to the worlds now. Seems to suit him picking and choosing which tournaments he plays in.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
If you class snooker as a 'sport' then I have to agree with Robertson. Now Ronnie's got his head together I can see him beating Henry's record of 7 World Championship titles despite his age. The guy has so much talent it's incredible. Can't think of another British 'sportsman' who's as talented.

Name Changed

weso26
fecking Aussies! That last red in the break was brilliant- it was very difficult but he made it look a routine shot.
That was as good a shot as I have ever seen, and with his bad hand. Then again, his bad hand can beat anyone.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
A very tough angle, very missable and you see those shots missed all the time even on their strong hand, yet he played it left handed with power and screwed back for perfect position on the black. And did it as though it was nothing. He could play entires frames left handed and win a lot of matches I guess as he's been playing shots left handed since he was 16.

It got me thinking, what is more difficult a 147 in snooker or a 9 darter? A 147 depends a lot on the red pack setup and obviously you can recover your positioning from a slight mistake or 2 during it, so all is not lost by a bad positional shot as one great one can get you back in it. In a 9 darter there's no room for an error, but it is over in a shorter space of time. Both require immense concentration. I play both sports and I'm a bit torn, but I think I am edging towards saying a 9 darter would be more difficult.

Jippy

Staff
That was as good a shot as I have ever seen, and with his bad hand. Then again, his bad hand can beat anyone.
Yeah 'bad hand' doesn't really do it justice. Like the way he potted the black with his left hand too so he could it as a left-handed 147.

A very tough angle, very missable and you see those shots missed all the time even on their strong hand, yet he played it left handed with power and screwed back for perfect position on the black. And did it as though it was nothing. He could play entires frames left handed and win a lot of matches I guess as he's been playing shots left handed since he was 16.

It got me thinking, what is more difficult a 147 in snooker or a 9 darter? A 147 depends a lot on the red pack setup and obviously you can recover your positioning from a slight mistake or 2 during it, so all is not lost by a bad positional shot as one great one can get you back in it. In a 9 darter there's no room for an error, but it is over in a shorter space of time. Both require immense concentration. I play both sports and I'm a bit torn, but I think I am edging towards saying a 9 darter would be more difficult.
Ronnie and Phil Taylor had a bit of friendly rivalry going on about televised 147s v nine darters. Not sure who was winning- they both used to go on about it.