RedCafe's Top 50 Albums

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Seeing as we are doing one for films, I thought it might be an idea to do one for albums too. It will take the same format as the the film one with us coming up with a panel to each submit a top 100 list, and then one definitive list compilled from this.

So who's up for it then?

RedNome

This should be good. But like the movies I don't think I like 100 albums

Shorten the list Red Nome

Nah, it's a nice round figure and in keeping with the film thread.

RedNome

I'd say about 15 to 20 people max, if we have that many wanting to be involved that is.

RedNome

Ban Rap Albums. That should do the trick...

Bollocks there's one or two that will be making my list, NWA and Public Enemy for a start.

You can't just dismiss a whole genre of music like that, it's not that cut and dry.

RedNome

So, so far we have:

RedNome
Mehro
Spammy
Hammer
norwegian-red

Wolverine

100 is way too many unless you are familiar with atleast 10 genres. And i'd imagine people would not include mainstream successful pop albums as it would be rock or hip-hop oriented which is what i gather people mainly listen to on this board.

RedNome

Ok. I'll make a list tomorrow when i have a bit more time. I'm going to a new year's party now. So long caftards

No rush lad, we have to get the panel together first and then we'll give it a month or so for everyone to get their list together.

RedNome

As long as nobody puts the fecking Beatles or Elvis at number 1 this should be good.

The hardest part is picking the top 10 order, my brain will be mush when I have finished, and I still won't be happy with it then.

Wolverine

As long as nobody puts the fecking Beatles or Elvis at number 1 this should be good.
I'd imagine it would be very difficult for people to agree a number 1 but Sgt. Pepper was very influential.

What will probably happen is bickering about which genre or sub-genre is better or not.

RedNome

So come on then, we need more numbers in the ranks.