Redcafe's UCL greatest goal of all time.

TheLord

There have been dozens and dozens of bicycle kicks that have rocketed into the net in big matches. Nothing unique.

The shot where Zidane swivels and boinks the wrong-foot volley for goal is simply extraordinary. There's no match. Among the goals I've seen "live", this is one of my three favourite goals, along with Maradona's World Cup solo run, and Messi's goal against Getafe in 2007.

And if unimportant matches are also considered, the Zlatan's overhead kick from a million miles away from goal was a pure joy to watch.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Ronaldo’s million mile thrash into the top corner against Porto in a vital QF in 2009 was quite something.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
There have been dozens and dozens of bicycle kicks that have rocketed into the net in big matches. Nothing unique.

The shot where Zidane swivels and boinks the wrong-foot volley for goal is simply extraordinary. There's no match. Among the goals I've seen "live", this is one of my three favourite goals, along with Maradona's World Cup solo run, and Messi's goal against Getafe in 2007.

And if unimportant matches are also considered, the Zlatan's overhead kick from a million miles away from goal was a pure joy to watch.
There have certainly not been dozens and dozens of overheadkicks that have flew in in big matches. That ten minute video of champions league history had about 4 and they wernt all cleanly connected.

zidanes is good but why should it being his wrong foot be added points for it if were just judging the goal itself.

Falcow

Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal for us against Porto away has to be up there.

It’s probably the most purest strike I’ve ever seen in that situation where someone is running with the ball. You can get pretty awesome hits from dead balls, but for Ronaldo to get it out of his feet and absolutely thunder bolt it from so far out while the ball was moving was just incredible. It was hit so pure that the ball never started dipping down at any point during its journey. Even when I watch it back I can’t believe how far out it was. It’s hard to fault the keeper even though it was so ridiculous which is saying something.

There was something magical about this goal, I remember looking at it and taking a few seconds to realise I wasnt dreaming. It seems to almost personify his career in that it seemed to increase in power as it went on much like Ronaldo himself.

Having said all that I think Ibrahimovics goal was better :)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ronaldinho vs Chelsea is so good

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I know it's not really the best, but Ronaldo goal a way to arsenal in 08/09 in the semi final, not the free kick but the counter attack.

Might be my favourite ever United goal

Pass and Move

Zidane. Quite comfortably for me. I've seen numerous bicycle kicks, all of which require as much luck as they do skill. Zidane's effort was so graceful, so well placed, and far less commonly seen.

RedDevil@84

It is almost impossible to pick one when UCL is such a big tournament and happens every year.
If we were talking only about finals or something, then at least we could see some common contenders.

meamth

It is almost impossible to pick one when UCL is such a big tournament and happens every year.
If we were talking only about finals or something, then at least we could see some common contenders.
Yeah, that's why I'd like to see many other goals I haven't seen yet.

It's interesting to see each other's favorites.

TheLord

zidanes is good but why should it being his wrong foot be added points for it if were just judging the goal itself.
Because it is difficult enough to do that with the stronger foot, let alone the wrong one. He didn't have the choice of going with his stronger foot.

redshaw

Non United goals, I do love Messi's goal against Bayern in 2015 where he goes past the defender and lifts it over Neuer
See 4:22 onwards

Zidane's final goal was very special.

Ronaldo's overhead kick recently for Madrid, the amount of space covered to run back for it was more than luck, it was expertly done and you don't see those either.

When Barca beat PSG 6-1 to win the the tie 6-5, Neymar scored a wonderful freekick and then set up Roberto beautifully to volley hit in on the 95th min to go through.

LOIfan

Supports
bohemians
Zidanes and it isn't very close for me. Definitely the hardest technical piece of skill I have ever seen on a football pitch. Although not in the top bracket of goal, two slightly left of field shouts, I've always enjoyed Stankovic against Neuer when he was at Schalke and Huntelaar consolation goal against I think possibly Madrid

Really? I don’t know whether it was an important goal, but as a strike it’s clearly good, but something you see half a dozen of each season. I don’t think it’s special.
Huge goal in a semi final between an underdog Ajax team of academy players vs the mighty Bayern. It's an iconic goal in the history of the european cup.

Give a feck if you think it's 'special'.

Huge goal in a semi final between an underdog Ajax team of academy players vs the mighty Bayern. It's an iconic goal in the history of the european cup.

Give a feck if you think it's 'special'.
It’s not a great goal though is it? Far from it.

I might be an important goal, but those are two different things aren’t they?

Revan

Assumptionman
Best overall: Zidane vs Leverkusen, Ronaldo vs Juve, Bale vs Liverpool
Best United goal: Ronaldo vs Porto
Best goal against United: Kaka in 2007

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I like Crespo vs Liverpool

Turn and perfect assist by Kaka but Crespo's finish is so class as well

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Of the final goals i prefer savicevic to the bicycle kick or Zidane volley. It's a more unique piece of arrogant genius to loft it over the keeper from that angle and he only had a small gap to aim for and not end up looking like a fool.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Talking about "just" great goals: I'll always fondly remember Roy Makaay's first one against Ajax 2004. Such a Makaay goal.

Music ruins the video, regrettably.

Last edited:

Ibi Dreams

Hated it at the time but have to say Robben's volley from a corner against us was amazing. The technique to hit the ball like that from a corner was sublime, really aesthetically pleasing goal despite the fact that it knocked us out

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
in no particular order, these are just a few of my favourites

Zlatan overhead kick vs England
Ronaldinho run and banger vs Sevilla
Scholes chip vs Panathinaikos
Rivaldo overhead kick vs valencia
Papisse Cisse vs Chelsea
Erik Edman vs Liverpool
Wilshere vs Norwich

EDIT: just seen OP said UCL. Oh well, I’ll go with Scholes’ chip then. Such a good goal.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
in no particular order, these are just a few of my favourites

Zlatan overhead kick vs England
Ronaldinho run and banger vs Sevilla
Scholes chip vs Panathinaikos
Rivaldo overhead kick vs valencia
Papisse Cisse vs Chelsea
Erik Edman vs Liverpool
Wilshere vs Norwich
Remarkably few scored in the CL, considering this is what the thread is about :) .