Reds ready for final

RedPhil1957

To be fair to him he's too good on the ball for reserve team football. I thought he did very well for the 30 mins my stream was up. Did his injury look serious?

your right he does find reserve team football to easy now and of course both he and Macheda tasted the big time in front of 70+thousand. It must be damned difficult to go back to the reserves and play with the same intensity.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Team.......

1. Amos - three outstanding saves
2. James - got caught for pace on numerous occasions
3. Eckersley - gave the ball away a lot
4. C. Evans (capt) - excellent
5. De Laet - excellent
6. Possebon - average with some wayward passing
7. Welbeck - over elaborate
8. Drinkwater - tidy and kept the game moving
9. Macheda - looked rusty as he hasn't played in a bit but held the ball up well
10. Martin - excellent
11. Tosic - played mainly on the right and looked really good....probably his best game for us

12. Dudgeon
13. Devlin
14. Eikrem (8) '86
15. Stewart (11) '86
16. Gill (7) '74

Welbeck took a knock....probably from trying to beat the same man 3/4 times whenever he got the ball.

Gill went to left back, Eckersley to right back and James moved into midfield where he looked a lot better. His lack of pace means that he will never make a fullback.

De Laet played his best game for us and was outstanding in the opening half an hour when Bolton had their best period. He was quick and strong against a couple of very tough forwards.

We could and should have scored more but we tried to walk it in the net on so many occasions.

Eikrem brought a great save from their keeper at the end.

I hope Martin gets a chance in the first team next season. On his current form he is showing much more than Nani and even Welbeck.

Laphroaig

I concur with Mujac's evaluations.

Has De Laet been consistently good of late? I seem to remember he got some stick after his first appearances, but he did very well yesterday, and had a couple of first class moments. He looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.

It was slightly surprising to see both Welbeck and Macheda mostly on the wing, with Martin (the winger, or so I thought) centrally. Tosic also moved inside a lot, but mostly pushing from the right.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Does anyone still think it's a good idea to have just Welbeck and Macheda as back-up next season in the event that Tevez leaves?

No, thought not.
Aye I still do. No first team forwards will be coming to United unless we permanently sign Tevez.

PS18

I concur with Mujac's evaluations.

Has De Laet been consistently good of late? I seem to remember he got some stick after his first appearances, but he did very well yesterday, and had a couple of first class moments. He looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet.
He's improved a great deal of late, much more confident and commanding and has cut out the silly mistakes that blighted his early games with us.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Congrats

To all of the players that participated in the finals or along the way to the finals (to those who are reading this ofcourse) to look like less of an idiot I have put the text in white also reducing the chance of one of you reading it.. If indeed any of you are..