Released Players

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Matty James and Ritchie De Laet have been confirmed as fully transferred to Leicester. Surprised we let James go without seeing if he's fully recovered from injury. good luck to both of them - hope Ritchie gets played up front!!!

prateik

Nothing funny about a kid trying to make it and getting released.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Nothing funny about a kid trying to make it and getting released.
Who says that's what's funny?

We sign a kid, give him 6 months and feck him off because he's not good enough. Something any City fan I spoke to said about him.

It's a strange signing...if it was about seeing if he could develop and rediscover his form from a few years back then why only 6 months?

If it was completely obvious he wasn't good enough within 6 months surely someone had watched him before signing him. Why was he signed?

It's just a strange one. It's laughable really.

Hope the kid finds a club FWIW, waste of 6 months for him.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's not really that strange and it's not really a waste of time from the player's perspective either.

Essentially it was the equivalent of a trial period for the player over 6 months. We trial players for around a week or two but this one was over 6 months instead. We may have ended up seeing something in him that City didn't particularly as they aren't the most patient of clubs now.

From the player's point of view, he got released in the middle of the season which makes it quite difficult to find a club. Instead of being a free agent for half a year at worst he gets to train at one of the best clubs in the world and doesn't look bad on his CV either training at us.

lysglimt

Scout
Imo - we are more than capable of getting quite a bit of money from 90% of all the players in the reserve and academy-side - they are that good!

prateik

Ah. shame.
Good player who had kicked on in the last year or so. He should do well.
Good luck

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
http://www.premierleague.com/conten...ations/other/premier-league-retained-list.pdf

http://www.premierleague.com/conten...ations/other/premier-league-released-list.pdf

Just looking at our retained list and there's no sign of Liam Jacob so I'm assuming he's left the club.

According to that list we also have contract offers on the table to Fornasier, Fryers, Norwood (who has decided to leave), Petrucci, Pogba, Thorpe, Veseli, Blackett, Coll, Hendrie, Lawrence and McCullough.

It's not exactly up to date though considering that they list Matt James and De Laet on our retained list and have Scholes on the released list.

Count Orduck

I saw that. Surprising, given I thought glastonspur told us that they'd learnt to manage his injuries.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I didn't know Saha only had a six month contract at Tottenham.

We know he is a transfer muppet now though so he must be loving it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why have Fulham released Pogrebnyak?

Gee Male

Ledley King?
I read somewhere that his contract is up but he is likely to be offered a new one. I'd imagine he probably won't end up being "released".

Not like anyone would be coming in for him given his injury record, so I hope for his sake that he gets kept on with Spurs. Always seemed a likable guy.

lysglimt

Scout
From what I have seen of him - he will need luck. He has never convinced me in any way

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Isnt there a thread about him for all the mouthbreathers? Go there.
It is locked as you well know. It is curious that there is still no news especially from our side, if his contract is up and he is going then why not announce his release?