Remembering Sir Bobby Robson....

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Absolutely loved the bloke. Proper gentleman and the best England manager in my lifetime. I'll never forget Italia 90 as long as I live.

Heardy

True gentleman of the game.

I admit, my heart sank when I saw the thread title, as I thought you were implying Sir Bobby Charlton had passed...

GloryHunter07

Fecking thread title :mad:

Shitty clickbait

We should be above this.

Edit: Changed, well done

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

andyp

That's a brilliant quote OP.
Particularly important to remember at this time when we're perhaps questioning the long held values of the club, with all the spending of big TV revenue.

Football has changed but the passion hasn't.

RIP Sir Bobby Robson

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Chill out? This is a United site and that thread title was inappropriate.
Yes, chill out, it was an innocent title from Marching who obviously didn't realise that people may read it that way. It's been changed, there's really no need to get all dramatic about it.

GloryHunter07

Yes, chill out, it was an innocent title from Marching who obviously didn't realise that people may read it that way. It's been changed, there's really no need to get all dramatic about it.
Im fine, i dont think it was innocent but ill take your word for it.

I always liked Bobby Robson, underrated manager.

sallycinnamin

Best England manager and I also remember that great Ipswich team with the likes of Mills, Mariner and Wark to name but a few. An absolute gentleman and a superb manager.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Fecking thread title :mad:

Shitty clickbait

We should be above this.

Edit: Changed, well done
:lol: Calm down dear! Apologies if I caused you to wet yourself but I would have put an announcement re that Sir Bobby in the MU forum.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
A fantastic manager, and as others have already said, a true gentleman. On of the few in the game who genuinely understood the supporters.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
Best England manager and I also remember that great Ipswich team with the likes of Mills, Mariner and Wark to name but a few. An absolute gentleman and a superb manager.
He was excellent for Newcastle too - we over-performed for his entire tenure, and played really good-to-watch football as well. The manner in which Fat Fred (NUFC Chairman at the time) got rid of Sir Bobby was dreadful, and started a merry-go round of crap managers and ever worsening fortunes on the pitch.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
His Ipswich side was awesome. I remember them fecking us over badly. 6-0 when we were 2nd and they were 3rd. Bailey saved 3 pens that day, too.
Muhren, Gates, Mariner, Butcher, Brazil, Thijssen, etc.
In nine seasons, Ipswich finished lower than sixth place in the First Division only once.

GloryHunter07

He was excellent for Newcastle too - we over-performed for his entire tenure, and played really good-to-watch football as well. The manner in which Fat Fred (NUFC Chairman at the time) got rid of Sir Bobby was dreadful, and started a merry-go round of crap managers and ever worsening fortunes on the pitch.
Yeah the decline can be traced back to the point they sacked him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just watched the Netflix programme on him. A wonderful man. Had such a refreshingly positive outlook on so many situations.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Just watched the Netflix programme on him. A wonderful man. Had such a refreshingly positive outlook on so many situations.
Been meaning to watch that. Any good?

Always seemed like a really warm guy, with an encyclopedic knowledge of football from being one of the few English managers of that era to experience other cultures. And he had a very good record as well. The Geordies would kill for a man of his integrity these days.

arthurka

Been meaning to watch that. Any good?

Always seemed like a really warm guy, with an encyclopedic knowledge of football from being one of the few English managers of that era to experience other cultures. And he had a very good record as well. The Geordies would kill for a man of his integrity these days.
I really liked it and even Mourinho comes almost human from this..

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Adore this man....reminds me so much of my grandad. Who I also adored. Two great men. Rest in peace

reddaz71

Englands best manager after Ramsey,great manager,absolute honourable gent and much missed, wish England would have won the world cup at Italia 90 purely for Sir Bobby!

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Nice bump. He was the manager of my club when I started watching football. And what a great start for my "career" as a fan it was. Will never forget him.

And to think we can also trace Mourinho's and AVB origins to him, Porto fans won't remember anyone more influent for the past 40 years, he's connected to our greatest moments.

Alabaster Codify7

Can never imagine a nicer man to play for. a true,beautiful gent of a bloke. that twinkle in his eyes,when he was interviewed. loveable guy and much,much missed in a sport of decreasingly unrelateable people. RIP Bobby.

Sonny Feehan

Great man. He spent a very short time with the Vancouver Royals in the old NASL in 1968. The morons who ran the club replaced him with the more famous Ferenc Puskas who had never coached anyone and couldn't speak a word of English. Needless to say that ended in tears and Sir Bobby went on to greater things

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
One of the best managers in my clubs history. He brought class and romance to our football and it was when I started getting into it.

The JRR Tolkien of the game.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I saw that Netflix doc too. The only thing lacking for me was that it never really explained who inspired him in his management style. It was interesting seeing just how much JM and Pep were in awe of him. Fat Ronaldo too.

I was at that England game when Gazza made his debut and remember the buzz afterwards and Bobby just beaming. He knew he has somebody special and managed him perfectly. It was sad seeing the state of Gazza though and I was left thinking it won't be long before I'm watching a documentary about him.