Replacing Pogba...

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Swap deal with Xhaka would be best for all parties concerned.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
And Xhaka runs and runs so the caf would love him!
You must have not watched Xhaka. One of the least hard working players in that Arsenal team, and also braindead.

Torreira and Ramsey are the hard working midfielders for Arsenal.

Robbie Boy

This thread is mental. State of the sources saying he’s leaving. Seriously premature.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'm being sarcastic.

Xhaka is a crap player. Talks a big game but that's it.
Sarcasm within a sarcastic post (Sarception?), it's quite difficult to tell because some people actually tihnk Xhaka is a good player :D

Acole9

Outstanding
If he wants out then by all means let him go. If not though then we'd be fools to sell him considering the amount of other shite in the squad we need to offload and replace.

Keefy18

If it was purely down to talent no one can dispute that on his day Pogba is a very very good player . These days are few . What is not few is his disruptive behavior in the dressing room and outside of it . He as Roy Keane said has already thrown one manager under the bus and is now showing signs of doing exactly the same with Ole .
About 50% of the people posting here want rid and 50% want to keep . What would the response be if we were selling one of our top midfielder from the past , like Robson or Keane or Scoles . It would be 100% outright rejection of the idea at any price .
Talent he may be but it comes at a price and that price is clear for all to see .
What disruptive behavior? :lol::lol: It's all tabloid bo**icks! That much should be clear for all to see. It's a tabloid narrative no more and no less and our fan base is stupid enough to believe it all for the most part sadly.

The only manager still to this day who has had problems with him is a manager who has problems with players at all of his clubs in recent times. Jose has been sacked three times running now for the same issue, falling on the wrong side of the board and its players.

Ole spoke yesterday of how hard he works, his attitude being great, being a leader to younger players and helping them. Weathers its McClair (working with him at youth level), Ferguson wanting to keep him and saying he liked him. Conte nor Allegri reported "disruptive behavior". Never heard Deschamps questioning his attitude or behavior either... Leaving just Jose to have issues with him.

Pogba doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't socialize much at all, keeps a low profile in that sense. He literally as a social media profile and enjoys music / fashion and incorporates that into his social media.

As for Keane, he showed far more disruptive behavior than Pogba ever has. From the Haland incident, stamping on Southgate, slating the supporters, the MUTV incident where he slated some of the modern games greatest players like RVN & Van Der Saar. Then we had the drunken punch ups and night's in jail, moaning about training facilities at United long before he did at Saipan famously! The mans a flat track scum bag, rotten to his core and absolutely cancerous to a stable locker room.

He may have been a great captain in his day and there's no doubting that, but he can't talk about bad attitudes and disruptive behavior! Pot, kettle and black come to mind.

Now tell me who was the bigger ar*hole to deal with, Keane or Pogba?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/man...ewhere?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

OldSchoolManc

A lot of people mentioning Eriksen.
How much would he cost?
Only 27, one of the most productive prem players and more of a ‘team’ player than Pogba.
Always gives his all.
Pogba wants out, it’s obvious.

lysglimt

Scout
A lot of people mentioning Eriksen.
How much would he cost?
Only 27, one of the most productive prem players and more of a ‘team’ player than Pogba.
Always gives his all.
Pogba wants out, it’s obvious.
The papers are talking about £60 million, which is a no-brainer. But why would he leave Spurs to go to United ? He will leave Spurs for Real or Barcelona

reddevilz007

Honest question.. But why would De Ligt want to come here compared to the many clubs interested in him?
Honest question... why would anyone want to come here at this moment?

Anyways, he would be guaranteed to be in the starting XI, have bigger wages and bigger transfer money for Ajax.

Maticmaker

If Pogba is to move, its probably because of money, but also possibly because he has perhaps made up his mind that his team mates are not up to playing with him! Albeit this is arrogant of Paul in many respects... he is nevertheless right. Pogba has, even in our poor spell of form of late, still created one or two chances in every game for others which they have spurned. Also without a more mobile version of Matic, or a more consistent Herrera type DM players beside him, he is obliged to use his energy in defensive duties, for which he is not even remotely qualified, it's just not his game!

I don't know how much we could get for him, but I don't want any Madrid or Barcelona 'cast offs', who are only coming to United (as Di Maria did) as a stop gap, or for a contract to give them a final career 'pay day', in exchange.

fps

Well, you'd use the money to sign Declan Rice, and in a dream world Eriksen, though I see no reason why he would take what is currently a step down.

AFC NimbleThumb

What disruptive behavior? :lol::lol: It's all tabloid bo**icks! That much should be clear for all to see. It's a tabloid narrative no more and no less and our fan base is stupid enough to believe it all for the most part sadly.

The only manager still to this day who has had problems with him is a manager who has problems with players at all of his clubs in recent times. Jose has been sacked three times running now for the same issue, falling on the wrong side of the board and its players.

Ole spoke yesterday of how hard he works, his attitude being great, being a leader to younger players and helping them. Weathers its McClair (working with him at youth level), Ferguson wanting to keep him and saying he liked him. Conte nor Allegri reported "disruptive behavior". Never heard Deschamps questioning his attitude or behavior either... Leaving just Jose to have issues with him.

Pogba doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't socialize much at all, keeps a low profile in that sense. He literally as a social media profile and enjoys music / fashion and incorporates that into his social media.

As for Keane, he showed far more disruptive behavior than Pogba ever has. From the Haland incident, stamping on Southgate, slating the supporters, the MUTV incident where he slated some of the modern games greatest players like RVN & Van Der Saar. Then we had the drunken punch ups and night's in jail, moaning about training facilities at United long before he did at Saipan famously! The mans a flat track scum bag, rotten to his core and absolutely cancerous to a stable locker room.

He may have been a great captain in his day and there's no doubting that, but he can't talk about bad attitudes and disruptive behavior! Pot, kettle and black come to mind.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/man...ewhere?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true
such a balanced post with points i echo.

pogba leaving is the tabloids wet dream. do people honestly think that if he left we’d see/hear from the media how good a move it is; or would that portray it as us further losing power.

pogba is a good player; we won’t ‘replace’ him with a better one - if we were to get the money & buy 2/3 players that fit better than ok but this ‘pogba must go’ is nonsense.

if he leaves & we still have to watch matic & co. play for us we’ll be worse for it.

Fer

The obvious choice would be Eriksen, but Tottenham are not going to sell one of their best player to a premier league team.

So Fernandes + Rice/Neves could be a good replacement.

Ekeke

Fernandes has a 35m release clause, which was leaked by his agent. Most likely to get him to move to a new club. Rabiot will be a free agent. Eriksen will have 1 year left on his contract. Plenty of ways to save money in the market, just don't chase the players that will have the biggest marketing imact and you save a lot of money when buying quality players.
Why would Eriksen want to play for us when we're selling players like Pogba? He's at a better club unless we're adding to him.

The only answer is money. And with Sanchez on such a high wage, we'd have to offer Eriksen the same

finneh

Since when doesnt he have any defensive responsibility? Half the season he played for Mourinho.. imagine no defensive responsibility in a Mourinho team. He even played games as cb...

His main strenghts are in the attacking part of the game and he isnt the best at the defending part but claiming he doesnt have to do any defending is just another lazy excuse to downplay his stats.
If he has defensive duties then he spectacularly fails in carrying out those duties.

Keefy18

such a balanced post with points i echo.

pogba leaving is the tabloids wet dream. do people honestly think that if he left we’d see/hear from the media how good a move it is; or would that portray it as us further losing power.

pogba is a good player; we won’t ‘replace’ him with a better one - if we were to get the money & buy 2/3 players that fit better than ok but this ‘pogba must go’ is nonsense.

if he leaves & we still have to watch matic & co. play for us we’ll be worse for it.
The truth hurts for many, rather live in a fantasy land and ignore the obvious.

The lad literally said a singular sentence against Jose around September this season I think it was and then when pressed a 2nd time said he couldn't talk. Keane though gives it loads about eating prawn sandwiches, lays into players on MUTV from top to bottom and then himself acts unprofessional on and off the pitch! Bloody hypocrite!

Pogba has played for some of the best managers in the game in recent times from Allegri, Conte, Ferguson, Deschamps and Jose... only Jose has had issues with him. Now ZZ is chomping at the bit to sign him it seems.

Yes if Pogba goes we may well have the funds to get 2, maybe 3 new players but there's no guarantees they will step up. Regular names I see from our supporters are Neves (DMF), Eriksen (unlikely as in reality its step down for him now), Rice (decent season and by no means certain to step up) and Maddison (Whom I do like, but not sure he fits what Ole wants).

Mugiwarared71

The problem is Pogba is most likely will leave at the end of next season this season so we need to think ahead buy now and cash in on at least 150 mil to 200 on him next season. as it stands we need an additional 2 midfield players 1 similar mould to Verratti and one to replace Ander herrera. i will take Neves ,Ndombele and the player i I really want is Bruno Fernandes of sporting. also at some point we need a midfielder capable of destroying as well as not being anywhere near as slow as Matic i like Wilfried Ndidi . i would be happy with all of those players as replacements no one is a straight replacement for Paul of course.

He is a great player but as people have pointed out he is a player who excels best when two or three other better more dynamic attacking players are around him .

EnelDoobacabra

I've written about what I think about Pogba in a previous post. Just go check it up as I can't be bothered repeating myself
Well, no... I'm merely replying to all the snide sneering you and a few other posters were doing over the idea of working hard. I see the point you're trying to make in regards to Phil Neville - and whilst I agree with you to an extent - it's ultimately not what we're talking about. There should absolutely 100% be an expectation that you have to work to earn your spot. No matter how talented you are, you should not be allowed to act above the rest of the team... and subsequently above the rest of the entire fanbase.

Pogba has no respect for anything or anyone United. It's become abundantly clear. He will most likely leave next season because of how toxic an environment he creates at the club. And from most accounts, it really does seem to be him creating it. Even OGS came in wanting him to be the centrepiece of the squad and still after 2 months Pogba has stopped giving it his all. He's allowed more luxuries than any other player whilst shackled with the least amount of responsibility.

I like Pogs enough personally, but I am aware that his ego is simply too big for the team. United, especially under Sir Alex, has always acted ruthlessly but appropriately when dealing with player egos. I don't believe anyone is saying that we should replace Pogba with a slew of younger Neville brothers... But the collective narrative seems to be that the supporters want a superstar who actually gives a shite to be the one to replace Pogba. Someone that will actually try game to game.

I guess I just find it odd that you wouldn't want that?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well, no... I'm merely replying to all the snide sneering you and a few other posters were doing over the idea of working hard. I see the point you're trying to make in regards to Phil Neville - and whilst I agree with you to an extent - it's ultimately not what we're talking about. There should absolutely 100% be an expectation that you have to work to earn your spot. No matter how talented you are, you should not be allowed to act above the rest of the team... and subsequently above the rest of the entire fanbase.

Pogba has no respect for anything or anyone United. It's become abundantly clear. He will most likely leave next season because of how toxic an environment he creates at the club. And from most accounts, it really does seem to be him creating it. Even OGS came in wanting him to be the centrepiece of the squad and still after 2 months Pogba has stopped giving it his all. He's allowed more luxuries than any other player whilst shackled with the least amount of responsibility.

I like Pogs enough personally, but I am aware that his ego is simply too big for the team. United, especially under Sir Alex, has always acted ruthlessly but appropriately when dealing with player egos. I don't believe anyone is saying that we should replace Pogba with a slew of younger Neville brothers... But the collective narrative seems to be that the supporters want a superstar who actually gives a shite to be the one to replace Pogba. Someone that will actually try game to game.

I guess I just find it odd that you wouldn't want that?
This is what ole thinks of pogba

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3s0IORwHEB_OVVerL2Vso2&ust=1556518577783951

john moran

Wrong . Mourinino was not the only manager to have issues with him .Sir Alex got rid and when Sir Alex got rid or did not do everything to stop someone leaving then there was a problem , even then .
Keane gave 110% every game as did Robson as did Scoles , most games Pogba is closer to 10% , there is no comparison
The snowflake generation seem to think Pogba is been picked on , they need to actually watch a few games and not just the youtube highlights

Keefy18

Wrong . Mourinino was not the only manager to have issues with him .Sir Alex got rid and when Sir Alex got rid or did not do everything to stop someone leaving then there was a problem , even then .
Keane gave 110% every game as did Robson as did Scoles , most games Pogba is closer to 10% , there is no comparison
The snowflake generation seem to think Pogba is been picked on , they need to actually watch a few games and not just the youtube highlights
Feck me we still have this idiotic and nonfactual nonsense about Ferguson "getting rid" of him. Read Ferguson's book! It's the very least you can do as a supposed United supporter!

Ferguson clearly states in his last autobiography that he wanted to keep Pogba! Pogba was offered the largest contract in the clubs history for a youth player at the time to keep him there...But...the caveat was that Ferguson made no promises to Pogba that he would play in the first team still. Pogba knew his worth and wanted to play football so he took Juve up on their offer and guess what, he was feckin right to. He went on to win 4 leagues and 2 Italian cups in 4 seasons.

Ferguson was flogging dead horses in Giggs (39) and Scholes (37) in 2012 when Pogba left.

Ferguson blames Pogba's agent essentially which is BS in reality, he misjudged Pogba as a talent and lost a very good player in him and the club had to repair that with a 90m plaster 4 years later cause of Ferguson's personal disliking of Raiola.

Just to prove Ferguson wanted to keep him, here you go...quotes from Ferguson's book about the situation.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Feck me we still have this idiotic and nonfactual nonsense about Ferguson "getting rid" of him. Read Ferguson's book! It's the very least you can do as a supposed United supporter!

Ferguson clearly states in his last autobiography that he wanted to keep Pogba! Pogba was offered the largest contract in the clubs history for a youth player at the time to keep him there...But...the caveat was that Ferguson made no promises to Pogba that he would play in the first team still. Pogba knew his worth and wanted to play football so he took Juve up on their offer and guess what, he was feckin right to. He went on to win 4 leagues and 2 Italian cups in 4 seasons.

Ferguson was flogging dead horses in Giggs (39) and Scholes (37) in 2012 when Pogba left.

Ferguson blames Pogba's agent essentially which is BS in reality, he misjudged Pogba as a talent and lost a very good player in him and the club had to repair that with a 90m players 4 years later cause of Ferguson's personal disliking of Raiola.

Just to prove Ferguson wanted to keep him, here you go...quotes from Ferguson's book about the situation.

He talks about "snowflake generation" :lol: ?

Gopher Brown

We need to make sure we sign a replacement before we even consider entertaining bids for him. You know the moment he leaves, whoever we are looking to sign's value will now conveniently have risen to the same as we sell him for.

Once again though, I have little faith in the club hierarchy's ability not to mess this up. We'll sell him for £150m on the first day of the transfer window, then spend all summer trying to replace him, then sign Fellaini for £150m on deadline day.