Reserves Pre-season friendlies

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
#MUFC squad travelling to Cork: Sutherland, Hendrie, Fornasier, McGinty, Giverin, James, Gladestony, Agnaldo, Ekangamene, Januzaj //......// Lawrence, Barmby, Daehli, Love, Gorre, Rudge, King, Van Velzen, Robinson, Cole.

Squad according to this guy.
https://twitter.com/alansmith90

So as expected Januzaj, Barmby and Daehli are all promoted to reserves level. Also interesting that Gorre and Rudge are also promoted.

Gladstony and Agnaldo seems like official Manchester United players.

No idea who this Robinson is.

lysglimt

Scout
#MUFC squad travelling to Cork: Sutherland, Hendrie, Fornasier, McGinty, Giverin, James, Gladestony, Agnaldo, Ekangamene, Januzaj //......// Lawrence, Barmby, Daehli, Love, Gorre, Rudge, King, Van Velzen, Robinson, Cole.

So as expected Januzaj, Barmby and Daehli are all promoted to reserves level. Also interesting that Gorre and Rudge are also promoted.

His name is James Robinson - that's as much as I have found out

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Did Matty James not leave the club?

PS18

Not so much a case of being promoted in the cases of Rudge and Gorré (and Barmby potentially), they're just too old for the Milk Cup.

jb8521

Im going to the game against Longford town tonight cant wait to see the likes of Daehli and Januzaj

Heffo

Who are, reportedly, the top players from Desportivo again? Am I right in saying that Aguinaldo is one and Lucas Evangalista is another and that they are both at the Milk Cup? I think I remember seeing someone mention another striker as well who's a bit younger?

jb8521

Who are, reportedly, the top players from Desportivo again? Am I right in saying that Aguinaldo is one and Lucas Evangalista is another and that they are both at the Milk Cup? I think I remember seeing someone mention another striker as well who's a bit younger?
Aguilar, Evangalista and Bruno Gomes are with Desportivo at the milk cup and apparently Agnaldo and Gladstony are with the reserves in Ireland. Aguilar and Agnaldo were the top scorers for Desportivo in their under 17s last season and Bruno Gomes was the top scorer with 30 goals in the under 15s league which they won and was only 2 goals away from the all time record for that league. Gomes is due to come back over to United for more trials/training in August so i presume he'll come straight over when the milk cup finishes

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Im going to the game against Longford town tonight cant wait to see the likes of Daehli and Januzaj
Counting on you for regular updates!

stubie

Thought McGinty had joined Oxford on a season long loan?

Heffo

Aguilar, Evangalista and Bruno Gomes are with Desportivo at the milk cup and apparently Agnaldo and Gladstony are with the reserves in Ireland. Aguilar and Agnaldo were the top scorers for Desportivo in their under 17s last season and Bruno Gomes was the top scorer with 30 goals in the under 15s league which they won and was only 2 goals away from the all time record for that league. Gomes is due to come back over to United for more trials/training in August so i presume he'll come straight over when the milk cup finishes
Ah cheers for that.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
United team v Longford: Sutherland; McGinty, Fornasier, M.Keane, Giverin; Ekangamene, Gladstony, Lawrence, Januzaj, Daehli; King.

Kick off 7.30pm.

No streams available unfortunately.

That midfield looks impressive on paper.

jb8521

Sutherland fornasier giverin ekangamene keane mcginty lawrence gladstony king januzaj daehli

jb8521

Lovely goal.by daehli beating a couple of men in the box and finishing into the top corner fromedge of the box

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Januzaj looks like the next gem in the production line, can't wait to see him play with the reserves!

No stream for a preseason United reserve game? Well, what's next, no Olympic ping pong?

Eirik Raude

Apparently Dæhli was class today. Anybody who saw it that can confirm this? Would also be nice if those who attended could say something about other stand out performers.

jb8521

Finished 1-0 Daehli with a great goal a quick free kick on the halfway line by Ekangamene played short to Daehli who went down the left wing before feinting and cutting inside a couple of challenges and then reversed his finish into the left corner while dribbling across the box. Daehli and Januzaj were the real stand out performers for me they just looked on a different level technique wise to everyone else on the pitch and a few times it was like they were just playing between themselves playing little 1-2s and flicking the ball to eachother. Daehlis ability to hold onto the ball under pressure was excellent and everything Januzaj did was very graceful and classy, at one stage in the second half a ball was dropping from fairly high in the air and the defender was very close to him so he just flicked it first time with his heel over the defenders head and got it on the other side which drew gasps from the crowd. What was also good to see was the confidence of the two of them with Januzaj taking all of the set pieces including a free kick driven in low from the edge of the box which the keeper did well to save. Daehli also seems to be a really humble lad who was waving and chatting to the crowd and was the only player who had been substituted that came back onto the pitch at the end of the game to shake hands with all the Longford Town players and the referee and officials which was nice to see. Apart from those two I was impressed with Ekangamene even though he went off injured after about 35 minutes he was very strong in the tackle and had a great shot from the edge of the box clawed out of the top corner by the keeper. Josh King is possibly the fastest player I've ever seen in the flesh and had a few nice touches and flicks but lacks a bit of consistency in his play and had a couple of chances he could have made more of. Of the new boys Reece James replaced Ekangamene and went to left back with Giverin moving into midfield, he looked quite solid defensively and decent going forward. Each of the Brazilians Agnaldo and Gladstony played a half each and both looked tidy on the ball but Gladstony went down very easily a few times, Agnaldo looked very good on the ball and kept trying to raise the tempo of the game, he was very left footed and drifted over to the left side of midfield a lot, he also had a nicely controlled volley cleared off the line before driving the rebound wide when he should have scored.

jb8521

Sutherland, Fornasier, McGinty, Keane, Giverin and King the entire game and the subs who came on were Hendrie, James, Agnaldo, Barmby and Van Velzen

IL_DUCE

Finished 1-0 Daehli with a great goal a quick free kick on the halfway line by Ekangamene played short to Daehli who went down the left wing before feinting and cutting inside a couple of challenges and then reversed his finish into the left corner while dribbling across the box. Daehli and Januzaj were the real stand out performers for me they just looked on a different level technique wise to everyone else on the pitch and a few times it was like they were just playing between themselves playing little 1-2s and flicking the ball to eachother. Daehlis ability to hold onto the ball under pressure was excellent and everything Januzaj did was very graceful and classy, at one stage in the second half a ball was dropping from fairly high in the air and the defender was very close to him so he just flicked it first time with his heel over the defenders head and got it on the other side which drew gasps from the crowd. What was also good to see was the confidence of the two of them with Januzaj taking all of the set pieces including a free kick driven in low from the edge of the box which the keeper did well to save. Daehli also seems to be a really humble lad who was waving and chatting to the crowd and was the only player who had been substituted that came back onto the pitch at the end of the game to shake hands with all the Longford Town players and the referee and officials which was nice to see. Apart from those two I was impressed with Ekangamene even though he went off injured after about 35 minutes he was very strong in the tackle and had a great shot from the edge of the box clawed out of the top corner by the keeper. Josh King is possibly the fastest player I've ever seen in the flesh and had a few nice touches and flicks but lacks a bit of consistency in his play and had a couple of chances he could have made more of. Of the new boys Reece James replaced Ekangamene and went to left back with Giverin moving into midfield, he looked quite solid defensively and decent going forward. Each of the Brazilians Agnaldo and Gladstony played a half each and both looked tidy on the ball but Gladstony went down very easily a few times, Agnaldo looked very good on the ball and kept trying to raise the tempo of the game, he was very left footed and drifted over to the left side of midfield a lot, he also had a nicely controlled volley cleared off the line before driving the rebound wide when he should have scored.
Thanks!

mo0

biggest news [for me] is Cole's back from injury! hope he'll make the next tour/trip.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
I'll be at the Cork City game on Wednesday, can't wait for 90 minutes of "we all do it, so should you, support your local team".

Eriku

I presume there won't be nothing like a river for this affair? Would love to see Dæhli in reserve action (:

jb8521

Team v Cork
Sutherland
Fornasier
James
Giverin
Keane
Mcginty
Lawrence
Gladstony
King
Januzaj
Daehli

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Christ, anyone would think that Man Utd reserves pre season friendlies were niche viewing or something!

What is the story with Gladstony and Agnaldo?

sajeev

is there any way to watch the match against Cork on the net?

i mean are there any streams

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Any stand out performers tonight? Feeky?
Mats Daehli is a gorgeous player, full of little dinks, jinks and flicks, he was the one dictating the tempo when United had it. Worked back very hard as well. Janujaz was good, some driving runs, drifted out of it in the middle third but came back into it towards the end. Josh King did well up front, held it up well, a tad isolated but came more into it when Barmby came on and played off him. Sutherland made a couple of brilliant saves towards the end. United looked very vulnerable on crosses, but important to remember it was teenagers against men, so judging it based on that. Agnaldo did quite well off the bench, Gladstony was quiet, couple of nice touches.