Reserves set for six-pointer

oskarutd

United's Reserves need to regain their goalscoring powers tonight when they take on leaders Middlesbrough in a crucial league game.

Brian McClair's boys are on the back of two consecutive 0-0 draws in the FA Premier Reserve League North, against Bolton Wanderers and Liverpool. But the Reds did score 12 goals in the previous four league games versus Man City (2-0), Sheffield United (1-2), Wigan Athletic (5-2) and Bolton (4-1).

Tonight's match, which could see United cut Boro's lead to two points, will be shown live on MUTV with coverage starting at 18:30 GMT. Kick-off at Ewen Fields, home of Hyde United FC, is at 19:00 GMT.

Red17

The United line-up should contain a few first teamers this evening as the Reserves are short of numbers following yesterday's U18 exertions.

I think 3 or 4 out of Brown, Silvestre, Heinze, O'Shea, Fletcher, Richardson & Smith, should feature. Though I think if they do, then they won't be starting on the Sat lunchtime kickoff against Fulham away, unless they just play for 45 mins or less tonight. Moreover, Boro is top of the reserves table at the moment, so it should be good quality opposition for these first team squad players.

oskarutd

Red17 said:
The United line-up should contain a few first teamers this evening as the Reserves are short of numbers following yesterday's U18 exertions.

I think 3 or 4 out of Brown, Silvestre, Heinze, O'Shea, Fletcher, Richardson & Smith, should feature. Though I think if they do, then they won't be starting on the Sat lunchtime kickoff against Fulham away, unless they just play for 45 mins or less tonight. Moreover, Boro is top of the reserves table at the moment, so it should be good quality opposition for these first team squad players.
Boro´s squad is full of experianced players.
I guees this is our team:
Heaton
Lee Brown Sylvestre Lea
Eagles Richardson N´Galula Mullen
Smith, Dong.
Subs: S. Evans, Crockett, Barnes, Burns, C. Evans.

PS18

was dreading this when i woke up and saw the rain lashing down. seems to have stopped for now, might even chance it and leave the brolly at home. should be a strong side out definitely.

kevg

Line up:
========

Heaton
Lee N'Galula Lea Barnes
Mullen Eagles Richardson Evans
Smith Dong

kevg

United 1-0 up after 58 minutes through Sean Evans. Tidy finish after a nice through ball from Alan Smith.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Boro equalise. Good shot from distance.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
FT 1-1. Alan Smith playing well was the main plus point.
After Boro equalized United upped the tempo a bit. Dong had half a chance but lacked support and was closed down.
Chris Eagles played well. Certainly better than Richardson.

umair

How was N'galula? Does Smith look sharp now and ready for the 1st team?

Red17

N'Galula had a steady game. Eagles was everywhere and had a real desire. Richardson did his usual impression. Smith looked sharper than before but did not stand out as one would expect of an ex-England International.

Tribec

I missed this game completely. I hadn't even realised they were playing tonight....:mad: Having had a nightmare meeting all day, which at the end I felt like I'd been 12 rounds with Ricky Hatton, going to watch the reserves tonight would have been a nice way to wind down.

MUM, how was the game tonight? It looks a very mixed bag of a team, but one that should have won.

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
Hi Tribec....

The game was okay....
I personally thought that 'Boro would win tonight....They came on strong in the last 10 mins or so.
We had more shots on target though.......
First half was a bit disappointing.
Smith has started to look something like he was again and set Evans up for the goal.
Eagles had a very good game
Richardson had some good touches but also kept giving the ball away cheaply. I think he's too anxious to impress all the time.
Michael Lea had a good game too.........

The Boro team looked huge next to our lads.........and they were good in the air.

T'was very cold there tonight.

....For a change.

;)

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
yep...spring is most definitely in the air....
I didn't take my hand warmer last night.......

...bloody wished I had though....... ;)

Tribec

Man Utd Mrs said:
yep...spring is most definitely in the air....
I didn't take my hand warmer last night.......

...bloody wished I had though....... ;)
Why's that then MUM, I thought you had Mr Park to keep you warm last night ;)

PS18

anyone know if there's definitely a game tonight? the fixture list on the official site says Newcastle at home, but i don't trust that site at all. would rather not go all the way over there to find no game.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
PS18 said:
anyone know if there's definitely a game tonight? the fixture list on the official site says Newcastle at home, but i don't trust that site at all. would rather not go all the way over there to find no game.
Yes...kick-off 7.00pm as usual....

Hi MUM...yes I was there last week and will also be attending tonight....

Rug up well.....it is going to be very cold!