Reserves v Blackburn

MPTutd

Gabriel Obertan's comeback continues on Thursday, as he lines up for the Reserves against Blackburn Rovers in the Barclays Premier Reserve League.

The French winger featured for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side in their last two outings, and is named in the starting line-up as table-topping United aim to prolong a strong run of form which has brought seven victories from eight competitive games this term.

Obertan starts in the Reserves' usual 4-3-3 formation, alongside Joshua King and Zoran Tosic in the front three. Magnus Eikrem, Matty James and Sam Hewson comprise the midfield trio.

Ben Amos keeps goal in front of a back four of Reece Brown, Ritchie de Laet, Oliver Gill and Joe Dudgeon, while a four-man bench sees Ron-Robert Zieler joined by Corry Evans, Oliver Norwood and Febian Brandy.

Thursday's match kicks off at 7pm, with MUTV's live and exclusive coverage beginning at 6:30pm.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6641700

I am a little disappointed as I had a strange feeling Owen Hargraves might be involved.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Is De Laet playing centre-half? And I'm quite looking forward to seeing Obertan and Tosic on either flank, with a big man in the middle.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Is De Laet playing centre-half? And I'm quite looking forward to seeing Obertan and Tosic on either flank, with a big man in the middle.
Well Dudgeon will be at left back so i suppose it's between Brown and De Laet for right back (watch as Gill pops up at right back now). It's promising we have such versatile youngsters.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
have to record it. ****ing work.

Looks a strong side though. I think Obertan will score tonight. Not sure why :)

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I suppose it was wishful thinking that Hargreaves would take part

twitter thread suggester
Lovely team.
I'm almost looking as much forward to the reserves games these days as I am to the first team games (THe one on Sunday obviously not included)

There will be streams, just look on the usual sites.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
If anyone finds a stream that doesn't breaks down every 20 seconds due to too much traffic I'd appreciate a PM.

Laphroaig

I like Obertan. Great close control, and seems to have very good vision too. I feel that Tosic has reason to worry about his own and Obertan's performances.

Who came on for Eikrem?