Reserves v Burnley (H) Thurs 18 March

cj_sparky

Even in the short time, I have seen Owen has looked very good, same for Corry Evans....he seems to be every where.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Rodrigo still looks a shadow of his former self. Hargreaves looks alot fitter and mobile than I expected. Knowing him its probably adrenalin, might just get 45 mins If his complex training schedule is anything to go by....
Kept it very simple tonight. Looks the best midfielder on show despite being out for so long. Not been tested with any challenges in the game.

Rahul

Amid the Hargreaves euphoria, spare a thought for Juventus. Getting whooped by Fulham 4-1 right now.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

...back to Hargreaves !

Laphroaig

Hargreaves has taken it easy. He's sat deep and let the others do the running, and I can't say I've seen him go into a proper tackle. He picks the ball up and passes it to someone in red, nice and tidy. As others have said, he probably looks like the best player on the pitch.

prateik

Let's not get carried away. This is a reserve match.
i'm not
but delaet was picked in his place and isnt he out injured for the season

obviously there is no way fergie couldve seen it coming tho ..

Shimo

Come on Ole - give the people what they want, if he is feeling okay , play him another 15 min :)

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Hargreaves has taken it easy. He's sat deep and let the others do the running, and I can't say I've seen him go into a proper tackle. He picks the ball up and passes it to someone in red, nice and tidy. As others have said, he probably looks like the best player on the pitch.
To be fair, he damn well better be the best player on the pitch. He cost more than the rest of the players combined. :lol: He's done quite well so far.

datura

Not a great half, the swirling wind not helping. Burnley have been pretty positive and unlucky to be behind. Hopefully we step it up 2nd half, and eikrem will get a few more minutes this week.

Laphroaig

United and City have played 14 games, Liverpool only 9. Are their groundsmen as useless as their manager?

SecondFig

He comes across very well.
He always has, remember during the World Cup in 2006 where he went off and explored Strasbourg while most of the squad hung out with their WAGs and paparazzi:

From The Guardian
Hargreaves loves to get out and see new places, sometimes with nothing more than a Milan Kundera novel for company. He tells one story of driving 13 hours from Munich to Barcelona, stopping only once for petrol. "Why not just fly?" would be the reaction of some of his England team-mates, who first realised he was a little different during the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany when, on a free day, he went off on his own and crossed the border into France. As the rest of the squad played hide-and-seek with the paparazzi, Hargreaves spent an afternoon exploring Strasbourg. "Everyone talks about it like some kind of wild adventure," he recalls with a look of mild bemusement. "I just wanted to go somewhere where I wouldn't be bothered."

Stan Jefferson

when i walked past the tv with sky sports news on and saw hargreaves playing i actually walked into a table and stubbed my toe because of the distraction of the shock