Reserves v City (H) Thurs 11 March

032Devil

I'm in Manchester today. Where's the game; how much does it cost and can I buy tickets at the stadium?

RedMist99

Had a text off a mate this morning saying there is a protest planned for this match.

Any of you lads know anything about it?

swooosh

i'm thinking of going down tomorrow to watch this, what's the best way to get down to the ground from manchester?

also how much do tickets cost or am i right in thinking that they're free if you've got a st card?

ta

lysglimt

Scout
i'm thinking of going down tomorrow to watch this, what's the best way to get down to the ground from manchester?

also how much do tickets cost or am i right in thinking that they're free if you've got a st card?

ta
hijacking the ambulance that is going to the ground in case Hargreaves breaks down ?

kundalini

ta
Altrincham's ground (I'm assuming the match is at Altrincham ??) is a 10 min walk from the Metrolink station. Get off the Metro, go to the exit (10 yards max) so you are now just inside the Bus Station, turn left, walk perhaps 15 yards then go straight up a narrow passageway on to Moss Lane, turn left and follow Moss Lane (Tesco's is on your right almost immediately) for 9 mins (past Stamford Park on your right) until you get to the football ground (also known as Moss Lane) on the left.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'll be there, will be stood behind the goal we are attacking in each half (as long as it aint pissing down when we're attacking the end with no roof :lol:)

I'm the lanky bastard with a G&G scarf on, there's pictures of me in the 'I want your pics' thread, if anyone is there come over :)

Bread

Kick off is 7 so you should be OK if you catch a metro when it finishes.
Also any chance of getting ole sign my shirt? call me a fan boy but i love get his autograph!

Oh and would i not be better catching the train or does it take years?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Dunno mate, I've heard that Ole is pretty approachable but I didn't try so I can't comment.

And I'll be driving so no idea what the trains are like.

PS18

Also any chance of getting ole sign my shirt? call me a fan boy but i love get his autograph!

Trains aren't that regular from Altrincham to Manchester and iirc it's a bit of a scenic route. Better off getting the metro, if you leave the ground right on the final whistle you can be at the station for 9 and should easily get to Picc in time. Might be worth checking the train timetable just in case though, at least you get a guaranteed departure/arrival time.

Ole signs pretty much everything you put in front of him in my experience, as long as you don't catch him when he's got to be somewhere (i.e. heading down the tunnel at HT). Get yourself by the home dugout at the final whistle and you should be alright, although obviously that harms your chances of a quick getaway. Might want to get there in plenty of time and see if you can get an autograph beforehand.

kundalini

Train from Altrincham at 21.04 arrives at Piccadilly 21.36. The metro and the train probably take a similar amount of time to reach Piccadilly; metro slightly faster if the lights in the city centre happen to be green. Metros are every 12 mins after 18.30 (might be 19.00) where as the train is just one an hour or sometimes two.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well looking forward to this now, hope some of the banners from tonight are there :keano:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Everton was my first trip to the reserves, you reckon there will be a much bigger turnout for citeh?

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
For reference, trains arrive every hour between around :00 and :05, and twice in rush hour - and in both directions. The Met runs a lot more often but is also about twice as expensive, and you're looking at 10-15 minutes walk from the station to the ground. A word of warning though - the tram comes to the end of the line at Alty but the train is a through train to Chester.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Grrr, Gir II. Harbringer of bad news.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
After another game winning display last night, they may want to rest him.

Girish II

I'm pretty sure Rooney's recent aerial exploits are directly correlated with Diouf's arrival

Girish II

Zieler, Brown, Gill, Evans, Cathcart, De Laet, Norwood, Possebon, Diouf, Keane, Obertan

Subs. Wootton, Devlin, Eikrem, Stewart, Brandy

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Zieler, Brown, Gill, Evans, Cathcart, De Laet, Norwood, Possebon, Diouf, Keane, Obertan

Subs. Wootton, Devlin, Eikrem, Stewart, Brandy
Strong team. Nice to see Keane getting a start, his progress has been excellent so far.