Reserves v Newcastle H

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I will be intrigued by how Petrucci develops next season.
When he and Macheda joined it seemed to me that Petrucci was easily the better of the two. His injury obviously set him back a long way but hopefully he can fulfil his massive potential.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
When he and Macheda joined it seemed to me that Petrucci was easily the better of the two. His injury obviously set him back a long way but hopefully he can fulfil his massive potential.
That's the thing, he's obviously a bit behind where he should be in terms of development due to his injuries. This year is just about game time for him but next year it will be interesting to see if he stays and develops around the First Team or if he goes on loan.

Sewelly The Geordie

Don't feel too bad, our reserves are very strong. Games like this, where they all turn it on together, are unfair on the other teams in the reserve league.
We're trying to rebuild the youth setup after years of lagging behind other clubs. I posted a few pages ago that we lose many kids to Boro and Sunderland and the many that probably just fall through the net altogether. We're trying to make sure that doesn't happen anymore.

The coaching mentality is being completely changedtoo. A few of the younger lads are looking more confident and competent technically. Slow process but it's one that has to happen.

(oh and in terms of players falling through the net, your very own #16...)

King_Eric

Heh, Petrucci was trending worldwide for a second there. Great performance, not only from him but from the whole team. Especially the second half.

lysglimt

Scout
Jeez. I knew most of our ressies weren't up to scratch but this is a aaaaful.
If it's any comfort - this is probably the most talented United reserve-side I have seen for God knows how long. It's now often I look at a team like this and genuinely believe every single player will have a good career ahead of them. But this lot..without injuries, Championship-level at least for every single one of them

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
That's the thing, he's obviously a bit behind where he should be in terms of development due to his injuries. This year is just about game time for him but next year it will be interesting to see if he stays and develops around the First Team or if he goes on loan.
I think that we often get impatient with youth players and expect to see them breaking through at 18. I think that Beckham only went on loan at 20 - 21 and broke through at about 22. Petrucci is 20 so taking into consideration his injury, there is still plenty of time for him to make the grade. I think that a loan would be most likely, maybe even before the end of this transfer window?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
But I don't think he believes Pogba is ready. ''Terrifying'' was obviously OTT but the fact that he's in and around the matchday squad shows how weak we are and how badly hit we've been by injuries. Hardly breaking news I know.
No, it shows his progress....

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
good performance all round. Weird to see such a defensive bench but it didn't really make a difference. Our second goal was the best of the lot :) Some real moments of quality from a few of the players tonight

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He's been injured a bit, played a infrequently for the reserves this season. I think we're trying to turn him into a left back which I don't completely agree with because he's dangerous at the other end of the pitch. Skillful and a nice dribbler.

Looks like he's about 12, but a decent player. Like all of our youngsters will probably be ruined by lack of first team football.
1) Isn't he with the squad in Tenerife?
2) Yeah i don't get it why they're trying to turn him into a left back like Tottenham have done it with Bale in the first years........he's a feckin winger.
3) And oh yeah he's no way 20-years old :lol:

Most of our boys won't make it, our youth setup has been and still is a long way behind where it should be.

We've only really put any kind of focus into it very recently, for years we've lost local players to Boro and Sunderland or others have slipped through the net completely. Ridiculous really considering what should be a hotbed of young talent. Last 10 years and I can count the number of graduates to actually make it on one hand (Taylor, Carroll, Ameobi, Chopra, Ramage...and I'm struggling).
Yes the list isn't long.......i'm really surprised that.

But Krul, Forster, Ameobi II, Vuckic, Ferguson and Kadar are some good prospects.

Sewelly The Geordie

1) Isn't he with the squad in Tenerife?
2) Yeah i don't get it why they're trying to turn him into a left back like Tottenham have done it with Bale in the first years........he's a feckin winger.
3) And oh yeah he's no way 20-years old :lol:
I edited a later post mentioning that he's with the first team squad ;)

Yes the list isn't long.......i'm really surprised that.

But Krul, Forster, Ameobi II, Vuckic, Ferguson and Kadar are some good prospects.
Forster is about to go permanently to Celtic. I think that's his ceiling personally. Kadar has suffered from chronic injury problems and lack of loan moves, I reckon he'll be released at the end of the season.

We do seem to have a bit more success with our 'Pogba' signings, IE young foreign kids signed at 15/16. N'Zogbia, Krul and Vuckic looks is hopefully making it despite having similar injury struggles to Kadar.

P.S. are you from up here?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Forster is about to go permanently to Celtic. I think that's his ceiling personally.
It's understandable with Krul as number 1 for the next 10 years, although Krul goes probably to Tottenham or Chelsea in 2-3 years ;)
Forster is really a very good talent and should be close to the England squad imo.

Kadar has suffered from chronic injury problems and lack of loan moves, I reckon he'll be released at the end of the season.
:(

P.S. are you from up here?
I've lived in Ponteland for eight months.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Didn't watch tonights game but I'm chuffed to hear Petrucci did well. Last game I watched, I thought he was brilliant. I had him down as someone who might have made the Crystal Palace game. If he keeps this up then his chance will come soon enough.

Looks like Pogba is definitely going to be involved in some way against Liverpool. Fergie said that he is now thinking about involving the likes of Pogba from the bench in our home games, so I don't get why GCHQ is making such a song and dance about him being involved now. Fergie obviously thinks he's nearly there.

lysglimt

Scout
One player who has impressed me a lot - and who would be one of my favourites for Reserve player of the year is actually Michael Keane.

When Will first broke into the academy-side I always wondered why Michael never played much. Then I read an interview with Solskjaer where he said that he needed to be a bit stronger - but that he was gonna be one hell of a played. And I think we can see that now. He appears to have grown quite a bit - whereas he was quite small 15-18 months ago - now he looks to be 6ft.

He looks really impressive now - every time we play

prateik

Him and Larnell Cole are the best trainers too.

After the Aldershot game.
"Michael has had a really good season. I can't remember him having a bad training session, let alone a bad game. He's a consistent kid who works very hard," said Joyce.

"Larnell Cole is another one who I can't remember having a bad session. He and Michael are really consistent."

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
2nd goal apart, those were some cracking goals. Petrucci's goal was unreal :eek:

Lovely buildup play on the majority of these goals too, nice subtle flicks and one touch football.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Ole just signed that absolute clown of a Swedish keeper.