Reserves V Wigan 2nd Oct 2008

Decotron

Anyone know is this on MUTV? Also will Manucho (aka Hightower) get a run out? Reserves have been great to watch so far this season. Great passing football coupled with bags of commitment, exactly what our youngsters need exposure to. Ole has made a promising start, they all seem to be playing for their manager.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Cheers for that, looking forward to this match now. Dying to see Fabio probably gonna have to wait another few weeks though
Yea! I don't remember reading any quotes about when he could be back! just some saying that he requires an operation and will be out for months! Either ways he did score a cracker against some team a month ago did you manage to catch a video of that?

Decotron

Yea! I don't remember reading any quotes about when he could be back! just some saying that he requires an operation and will be out for months! Either ways he did score a cracker against some team a month ago did you manage to catch a video of that?

Someone pm'd me a link but I think it was Rafael who scored it. If Fabio scored one aswell I must have missed it

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Someone pm'd me a link but I think it was Rafael who scored it. If Fabio scored one aswell I must have missed it
Here you go.. I believe this was the game he got injured in as well...

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
fabio's got the two goals -both great finishes. Rafael's not scored for us at any level yet though he's threatening too

Manucho could make his first start of the season on Thursday evening, having been named in the Reserves' squad to face Wigan Athletic.

The Angolan international has made just one fleeting substitute appearance for the Reds' senior side since joining in January, but looks likely to start against the Latics.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has seen his side deprived of the Da Silva twins, Rodrigo Possebon and Danny Drinkwater through injury, but the Norwegian and Warren Joyce have still put together a side full of attacking talent.

Manucho joins Federico Macheda and Anton Bryan as the Reds' striking options, while a combination of Tom Cleverley, Sam Hewson, Darron Gibson, Cameron Stewart and Magnus Eikrem will fill the midfield berths.

Ben Amos' promotion to senior duties, together with a host of goalkeeping injuries throughout the Carrington ranks, means either Gary Woods or Conor Devlin will make their Reserves debut in goal.

As ever, the match will be shown live on MUTV, with coverage starting at 18:30 ahead of the 19:00 kick-off.

United squad: Woods, Devlin; Gray, Eckersley, C Evans, Chester, Derbyshire, Gill; Gibson, Eikrem, Hewson, Cleverley, Stewart; Manucho, Macheda, Bryan.

Ivor Ballokov

fabio's got the two goals -both great finishes. Rafael's not scored for us at any level yet though he's threatening too

Manucho could make his first start of the season on Thursday evening, having been named in the Reserves' squad to face Wigan Athletic.

The Angolan international has made just one fleeting substitute appearance for the Reds' senior side since joining in January, but looks likely to start against the Latics.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has seen his side deprived of the Da Silva twins, Rodrigo Possebon and Danny Drinkwater through injury, but the Norwegian and Warren Joyce have still put together a side full of attacking talent.

Manucho joins Federico Macheda and Anton Bryan as the Reds' striking options, while a combination of Tom Cleverley, Sam Hewson, Darron Gibson, Cameron Stewart and Magnus Eikrem will fill the midfield berths.

Ben Amos' promotion to senior duties, together with a host of goalkeeping injuries throughout the Carrington ranks, means either Gary Woods or Conor Devlin will make their Reserves debut in goal.

As ever, the match will be shown live on MUTV, with coverage starting at 18:30 ahead of the 19:00 kick-off.

United squad: Woods, Devlin; Gray, Eckersley, C Evans, Chester, Derbyshire, Gill; Gibson, Eikrem, Hewson, Cleverley, Stewart; Manucho, Macheda, Bryan.
No Welbeck?

PS18

Seeing as Amos and Drinkwater aren't involved either (although the former may be being kept back for first team duty), it might be that the three lads called up by England U19s have joined up with them already? Their first game is next Wednesday, seems feasible.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Manucho has looked good so far. Winning nearly everything in the air.

Still 0-0 though.

PS18

Team is:

1. Gary Woods
2. David Gray
3. Richard Eckersley
4. Corry Evans
5. James Chester (c)
6. Darron Gibson
7. Magnus Eikrem
8. Manucho
9. Federico Macheda
10. Sam Hewson
11. Tom Cleverley

PS18

Both teams have hit the woodwork already, United after a great run and strike from Hewson.

Commentator has said Welbeck and Drinkwater are off with England although the camera clearly just showed Welbeck sitting in the stands with the rest of the reserve/academy players not involved (Zieler there too).

twitter thread suggester
There's a stream on myp2p - check in the forum under weekdays.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
There's a stream on myp2p - check in the forum under weekdays.

Is it as shit for you? its at 100% but it plays for 10 seconds and then the pic pauses for 3-4mins. the sound is constant though.

Kelvin

Manucho is wining all the headers in the air.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No Welbeck?
with england (apparently)

Manucho linking up well for the most part, good pace, strong in the air and unlucky not to score just before ht. A cross came in the gk was no where and his downward header flicked off a wigan player and it went over the bar

Got 0-0 written all over it

PS18

James Chester on with a knock at half-time, replaced by Jimmy Derbyshire. He goes left-back, Evans to right-back, Eckersley and Gray in from the two full-back positions to form an all-new centre-back partnership.

PS18

1-0 Wigan, Hampson. Gray left exposed on the right and was outpaced by Kubisz, pull-back to Hampson left an easy finish.

Going to need another comeback...

PS18

1-1! David Gray header from a right-wing free-kick, keeper makes an awful hash of it but who cares.