Reserves Vs Aston Villa - 7pm KO

MPTutd

Its our first reserve league game of the season tonight. Home against Aston Villa and its live on MUTV from 18:30.

Be interesting to see what team is played tonight. I think Valencia's injury means we won't see Obertan in the reserves this season. The big question is will we get to see Bebe in a red shirt for the first time?

I also think that we might see one or two from the first team that need a game. Players like Owen, Rafael, Anderson and Macheda may well be involved.

Here is my guess at the team for tonight:

Amos

Rafael
Wooton
Gill
De Laet

Ajose
C Evans
Eikrem
Anderson

Macheda
Bebe

Bench: Norwood, Devlin, Brown, Morrison, Will Keane

We may play it as more of a 4-3-3 with Ajose and Bebe playing either side of Macheda.

datura

You have Gill down twice and don't have Reece Brown, Scott Wootton or Marnick Vermijl included. Dudgeon is injured, I doubt Anderson will play given he was on the bench the other night. Devlin will also be involved.

Girish II

Just had a look at the reserve fixtures on the united website. Good news is we get treated to 4 games in 12 days starting tonight, the bad news being no fixtures for the entire month of October, looks like a couple of fixtures have been moved.

I'd still like to see Obertan tonight, doubt he'll start on Sunday so would make sense to give him a game since his knock in preseason.

MPTutd

You have Gill down twice and don't have Reece Brown, Scott Wootton or Marnick Vermijl included. Dudgeon is injured, I doubt Anderson will play given he was on the bench the other night. Devlin will also be involved.
Good point on Gill. I will change it

MPTutd

Just had a look at the reserve fixtures on the united website. Good news is we get treated to 4 games in 12 days starting tonight, the bad news being no fixtures for the entire month of October, looks like a couple of fixtures have been moved.

I'd still like to see Obertan tonight, doubt he'll start on Sunday so would make sense to give him a game since his knock in preseason.
I guess the internationals at the start of the month may contribute to that. A number of our reserves are full or U-21 internationals. I also suspect the younger age groups may play around that time.

datura

I'd like to see Brady involved also. Should be a good game although Villa will be weaker than last year given the promotion of the likes of Albrighton, Delfouneso and Bannan to the first team squad.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Is he fully recovered? If he is, I'd say he's a certainty to start.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Probable team(IMO)

Johnstone/Devlin
Gill-Brown-Wooton-De Laet
Obertan-Eikrem-Evans-Morrison-Bebe
Keane

MPTutd

Summer signing Bebe will pull on the United shirt for the first time tonight when he lines up for the Reserves against Aston Villa at Moss Lane, Altrincham.

The Portugal Under-21 international arrived at Old Trafford in August but his involvement so far has been restricted to the training pitch at Carrington. Tonight, however, he looks set to start for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's second-string against a strong Villa side. The visitors' 16-man squad boasts 10 players with senior experience, including James Collins, Nathan Delfouneso and Barry Bannan.

There's more good news for United fans, with Gabriel Obertan also named in Solskjaer's side. The Frenchman hasn't featured at any level since injuring his ankle during the Reds' pre-season tour.

You can watch the match, which kicks off at 19:00 BST, live on MUTV – highlights on MUTV Online from 21:30 BST.

United: Sam Johnstone, Scott Wootton, Ritchie De Laet, Corry Evans, Reece Brown, Oliver Gill, Gabriel Obertan, Ravel Morrison, William Keane, Magnus Eikrem, Bebe, Marnick Vermijl, Conor Devlin, Robert Brady, Nick Ajose, John Cofie

Aston Villa: Elliott Parish, Eric Lichaj, Derrick Williams, Ciaran Clark, Shane Lowry, Jonathan Hogg, Moustapha Salifou, Isaiah Osbourne, James Collins, Nathan Delfouneso, Barry Bannan, Durrell Berry, Andy Marshall, Arsenio Halfhuid, Daniel Johnson, Danny Devine.

MPTutd

Based on the above, I think we will look like:

Devlin
Brown-Wooton-Gill-De Laet
Evans-Eikrem-Morrison
Bebe-Keane-Obertan

prateik

nothing on myp2
hope something comes up on justeen

europa league :mad:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Do not google "simplyreds.com" if you want a live stream tonight;)

K Stand Knut

Are the reserves still free to watch with a United ST??

Think I might head down. Living 2 minutes away and not showing my support is a bit rude.

SirAF

Ageist
Eirik, could you make sure that a stream will NOT find its way to my inbox as well? much appreciated!

MJLD

Eirik, should a PM find its way into my PM box I would be able to smash in the faces of these horrible, horrible criminals!

Eirik Raude

This is a warning: If you received a PM from some Norwegian twat called Eirik Raude, do not open it! It may contain links with illegal and criminal content. Have a nice evening.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Villa have some good players out, should be a great game.

And, y'know, PM please!