Reserves vs Newcastle

championo

Top Stalker
This game really looked like rope-a-dope. It look unreal when Newcastle were three nil up. Like something from the Twilight Zone. I think they had like four attackers in the first half and scored 3. Could have been four nil though when they messed up on a chance when Johnstone was down.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Was it Newcastle we had a similarly crazy comeback against when we won the reserve league a few years back? Welbeck was playing.
Yes

I think it was the game that Macheda scored a hattrick and was promoted to the bench for the game against Aston Villa. We all know what happened after that.

Surely we should see young Keane on the bench this weekend.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The other crazy comeback game was Wigan wasn't it? ...where I think we were 4-1 down about half way through the second half and ended up winning 5-4, or something daft like that.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
No, but he'd probably be of more use atm than Hernandez who looks absolutely useless.

Now watch him score a brace on Sunday.

:)

PS18

The other crazy comeback game was Wigan wasn't it? ...where I think we were 4-1 down about half way through the second half and ended up winning 5-4, or something daft like that.
Yep.

The Newcastle game with the Macheda hattrick was a 3-3 draw.

lysglimt

Scout
It was february 2009

We took the lead through Welbeck - then Wigan scored twice before the break (Cywka and Kupisz) - and twice after the break Cywka and a Kupisz penalty. So in the 58th minute - they were 4-1 up.

3 minutes later Macheda pulled a goal back - scoret another one in the 67th minute before Welbeck equalized in the 69th minute.

Then Macheda got himself sent off 1 minute later - but with 10 men we scored the winner through Lee Martin 10 minutes before the end.

Our team on the day: Amos; Eckersley, C Evans, Gill (Derbyshire 46), Dudgeon (Brady 77); Stewart (Eikrem 46), Possebon, James, Martin; Welbeck, Macheda