Reserves vs Newcastle

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We've absolutely raked them.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Sounds like a belting game! Will they be highlights/goals posted anyway when finished?

Minkaro

De Laet going off for Fornasier. I don't think Fornasier is going up front though.

Minkaro

De Laet and Keane are both trending worldwide on Twitter. How often does that happen because of a reserve game?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Entertaining game of football.

There's something a bit Spinal Tap about a reserve league defender with a sleeve tattoo and one of them halfway mohawks who falls to pieces when up against the mighty De Laet.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Good second half performance. Passing was much sloppier than normal to be honest, especially from Tunnicliffe and Pogba who were both poor for their own usual very high standards.

Will Keane was immense and Petrucci played well also.

Funny how De laet was shite in defense but up front he changed the game for us.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
That was a great match :lol:

Fantastic way to win the league

@W.Keane
17 goals + 8 assists in 23 games is a great record.

People are living in dreamland if they're thinking he'll be part of the first-team next season.........i can only see a loan deal to a Championship club.

Widnes

Anyone know yet when the national final will be played? know we obviously got a few league games to play first

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Well, I personally think Welbeck has more potential. All three strikers are still getting better as you say, so I just find it hard to see Keane pushing either Welbeck or Hernandez out to be honest, but you never really know with football.
I'm not convinced that Welbeck has more potential than Keane. It's very close, in my opinion, having watched both of them for the U18's and reserves. There are both similarities and differences between the two. Keane is the more varied finisher, and he is the more lethal (or natural) in and around the penalty area, whereas Welbeck is probably the better link player, and his athleticism and pace, coupled with his fantastic talent, probably means that he will eventually become the more complete forward player (with Keane the more complete striker).

Obviously Keane still has to make the step up from the reserves to the first team, but he is the one player who I have very few doubts about. From all appearances he has the right mentality, and his talent is not really in question. At the very least he should be afforded the opportunity to become a first team player. The surprise would be if he did not take that opportunity.

As for displacing Hernandez, it would be sad day if an academy product who potentially has a vastly more complete game (than Hernandez) is allowed to leave. If that means allowing Hernandez to leave to accomodate Will Keane, then so be it, as far as I am concerned, but I don't see why that should necessarily be the case. The manager has always preferred four strikers in the squad.

mufcwarm92

What a game this was. Keane was absolutely lethal, his second finish in particular was stunning. I'd be surprised if he didn't make it, he could get a chance next year too if Owen and Berba leave.

mo0

even Welbeck went out on loan, so we need to respect that part of his development. he's still young and only really filled out this season. i think a loan to a club competing a desirably competitive level is the next logical step.

Levo

Band of Brothers
For christ sake, I get all giddy when someone bumps this expecting some highlights.