Reserves Vs Scum

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
We're having a pretty poor run of luck as regards referees.

Tosic making another case for the first team may be the most important outcome of this evening though.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Annoying to go out on pens but we clearly showed that we're the more talented team.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Good thing we played you every week (for two weeks running anyway).

:angel:

charleysurf

Yep, definitely. It's what we've been waiting for after his performances at the back end of last season.

I thought Evans had a good game also, and Dudgeon kept Amoo very quiet.
On another forum it was pointed out that he can't play in the CL, so that rules out some opportunites to play.

charleysurf

Good thing we played you every week (for two weeks running anyway).

:angel:
Well done on winning your cup final, again. That's 2009-10 sorted out now, celebratory DVDs and t-shirts on the way.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No Top, it was on MUTV and I'll be fecked if I'm getting that channel. Waiting for LFCTv to replay it some day.

RedPhil1957

Yes, very good game in my opinion. Not particularly a goal threat but a constant thorn in their side.

Brandy spent most of the match playing wide. I would have switched him into the centre 2nd half as he takes a high percentage of his chances.

PS18

I hate moaning about officials at reserve/youth level (results aren't the be-all and end-all and they're obviously not going to be up to Prem standard) but that short-arse tonight was terrible. How he or his linesman couldn't see it was a penalty when Tosic was fouled I will never know.

Much the better side, disappointing to lose. Mostly for the fact that's another two or three games we could have had on the schedule lost.

datura

I hate moaning about officials at reserve/youth level (results aren't the be-all and end-all and they're obviously not going to be up to Prem standard) but that short-arse tonight was terrible. How he or his linesman couldn't see it was a penalty when Tosic was fouled I will never know.

Much the better side, disappointing to lose. Mostly for the fact that's another two or three games we could have had on the schedule lost.
He refused to book anyone either so they got away with foul after foul. Very frustrating but they showed a good attitude and just got on with it.

Virtuoso

Sums up pretty much how I feel. Tosic was electric when he came on, really turned it on tonight and their were many positives at least.

PS18

Yeah, usual caveat with a defeat at these levels - the players tend to learn more from them than all the wins. I guess being critical we should have made the most of our obvious superiority and made the awful penalty decision (just seen it on the re-run again and it's a stonewaller) an irrelevance, but still. Many positives definitely. Like someone said above, Tosic looks like his cameo on Tuesday had imbued him with a ton of confidence, good to see.

We owe Liverpool one when the home league fixture comes around methinks. Hopefully Ole can arrange some more friendlies to fill the gaps in the fixture list come spring.

PS18

Did anyone happen to hear/read what the attendance was tonight by the way?

datura

How did the boy Tosic get on then? I hear positive comments here, which is great :)
He changed the game for us really, although we were on top he provided the spark we had previously lacked, scored an excellent free kick, should have won a pen and nearly stole it with a great strike that just drifted wide of the post near the end.

He looked confident, good on the ball and positive. As I said earlier, it's what we've been waiting for from him after the promise he showed towards the end of last season.

vuc

First Team Serb
Wow he got a FK? What was it like? General set-pieces how were they?

Not only last season, this season he has shown real promise for the Serbia NT. He has a lot of potential, I want him to do well.

datura

Sure the free kick will be posted up here, but it was very well struck, curling away from the keeper into the bottom left corner.

He put in a few decent corners but Liverpool defended pretty well from crossed balls all night as their 2 centre halves were well over 6ft.