Reserves vs. Villa

Sally Cinnamon

Today (22/3/12)
Moss Lane, Altrincham
7pm kickoff
Live on MUTV​

Line up: Johnstone, De Laet, Smalling, Jones, Fabio, Cleverley, James, Pogba, Petrucci, Lingard, W Keane

Subs: Coll, Fryers, Keane, Tunnicliffe, Vermijl

MPTutd

Official site says it might be an 'interesting' selection with no first team game this weekend.

MPTutd

Berba, Cleverley, Jones, Fabio, Lindegaard, Owen and Park are all possibles.

Don't think he would risk an important player like Nani.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'd be suprised if we pick owen or berbatov. For some reason we seem loath after keane - having a proper striker in the set up :)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Berba, Cleverley, Jones, Fabio, Lindegaard, Owen and Park are all possibles.

Don't think he would risk an important player like Nani.
No chance Berba gets involved.
This from the main site:

Matty James is also in line to continue his return from injury but Will Keane is likely to remain the only striking option in the squad.

MPTutd

Why not play Berb? He has not played in weeks so he needs playing time. If two our of Roon, Chic and Welbs gets injured, he needs to be ready to play.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Wow, Smalling, Jones, Cleverley, Fabio and Pogba to start...

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Line up; Johnstone, De Laet, Smalling, Jones, Fabio, Cleverley, James, Pogba, Petrucci, Lingard, W Keane

Subs; Coll, Fryers, Keane, Tunnicliffe, Vermijl

Predicted formation;

-----------Johnstone-----------

Da laet---Smalling--Jones---Fabio

--------Pogba----James--------

Cleverley----Petrucci----Lingard

------------Keane--------------

Beachryan

Whoa, completely forgot about De Laet. That is a seriously strong team - though sounds like Pogba will be out wide.

------------------Johnstone--------------------
--De Laet---Smalling-------Jones---Fabio--------
-------------Cleverley--James-------------------
-------------------Petrucci----------------------
-------Pogba---------------------Lingaard------
--------------------Keane----------------------

We better win with that lineup !!!

Shimo

Why not play Berb? He has not played in weeks so he needs playing time. If two our of Roon, Chic and Welbs gets injured, he needs to be ready to play.
Young can play behind one of the strikers but, also think if Berba is called upon at this stage, he'll deliver regardless if he has been playing or not, he's already done it a few times this season.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Villa are top of their respective reserve league and did well in the 'next gen' series. Should be a decent game.

Beachryan

Villa are top of their respective reserve league and did well in the 'next gen' series. Should be a decent game.
This is true, won't be an easy one - but we're going with some serious experience too.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Wow that's strong side - let's hope the first teamers combine well with the reserve players and bring them closer to stepping-up to join them in the first team.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I'd like Ferguson to use Reserves' games to give players game time.

Not Champions League.

Donut

I actually can't tell if this is serious or not.
I could understand playing De Gea if he needed some playing time, because he is great with his feet, but Lingaard is not that good with the ball.

Also while it will help with his fitness level, as a goalie his reflexes are trained to handle the ball, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 2 yellows and is sent off.

voland

I could understand playing De Gea if he needed some playing time, because he is great with his feet, but Lingaard is not that good with the ball.

Also while it will help with his fitness level, as a goalie his reflexes are trained to handle the ball, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 2 yellows and is sent off.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Why are we playing our goalie on the left wing? :houllier:

You aren't serious...........come on mate.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

tell me you are joking. :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Thats a hell of a team!

Very happy to see Matty James starting also. Has had such bad luck with injuries. I thought he had a really good chance of making it here bout 1.5-2 years ago but like Petrucci he's playing a bit of catch up now. Great passing ability and very quick to see a pass.

kelvinkato77

I'd add that I think it is great that this is on the 'Home' page now. IMO, very good move mods, admins and those who asked for it to be.

Minkaro

As soon as I start watching, Keane scores. I'm taking all the credit for that.